Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Still, it kinda makes me sad to see them continuing to shrink away from challenges with regard to Job design. They just don't really seem to care about that.
    They clearly do care, though. They're building up an entire new system to allow BLU to be implemented in a way that is authentic. It doesn't need to be a standard job - just as FSH isn't a standard gatherer job and is more about collecting things and undergoing challenges for bragging rights. BLU is set to give us unique content that will be updated with each new content patch whilst also breathing life into the game world.

If they add, say, Beastmaster and Puppeteer at a later date then there's a lot of neat stuff they can do with those two jobs too.

BLU can still enter specific duties, too - it's simply limited to doing so through the party finder rather than regular duties. Which makes sense if it's going to be unbalanced in a group environment. It's the best compromise all around and stops BLU being nerfed to the ground and having the fun, broken elements taken out...whilst also preventing people who want to clear things legitimately being forced to take a BLU along with them.

Went into Pyros today.

Saw that the relic was tied to RNG....

Went straight back out.

Seriously RNG stat determination? I know that Yoshi likes other MMOs but that's the aspect of WoW I DON'T want in FF14.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really confused on how you can say that.

I mean, you can say that you like the authenticity of what they're trying to do, you can say that you don't mind it or even like it...but I don't understand how you can simultaneously say that they're not dodging the topic of "a complex, different job in our game system" entirely.

It's why there was so much skepticism about BLU to begin with. They don't like to shake things up or break away from their largely simple take on the MMO Holy Trinity and design of the jobs therein.
    Yeah have to agree with this.

When it comes to patch design and other aspects they are really set in stone. Not to mention half the time they only listen to the JP community.

I don't care if it's their main playerbase. It's an MMO. Japan are not their only customers.

I'm really confused on how you can say that.

I mean, you can say that you like the authenticity of what they're trying to do, you can say that you don't mind it or even like it...but I don't understand how you can simultaneously say that they're not dodging the topic of "a complex, different job in our game system" entirely.

It's why there was so much skepticism about BLU to begin with. They don't like to shake things up or break away from their largely simple take on the MMO Holy Trinity and design of the jobs therein.
    Personally, I think it's highly innovative to try something like this, especially something with such a large chance of failing. BLU as the job is designed, is not something that could work in an MMO entirely, but they wanted to keep the design, so they made it mostly a solo experience, and I support that. This is a "holy trinity" mmo, you don't stray away from that because that is why people PLAY this mmo, if they didn't want the trinity, they'd go play something else.

pyros is much better than pagos. only took a day to go from 40-50 and the map is much better. alot of people seem to hate on eureka but i've enjoyed it for the most part. i could do NM trains all day. surprised this game can handle 100 people zerging bosses pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    pyros is much better than pagos. only took a day to go from 40-50 and the map is much better. alot of people seem to hate on eureka but i've enjoyed it for the most part. i could do NM trains all day. surprised this game can handle 100 people zerging bosses pretty well.
    They've locked it behind Anemos and Pagos, so I wouldn't even try to get there. And people hate Eureka for being mostly AFK content with idiotic leveling system that makes sure that while you work your way up you don't deal any damage and get one shot by everything thrown at you (with at least one unavoidable attack on every NM) and no solo option.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Unless dramatic changes are made to the Eureka zones expect it all to be dead activity wise in 5.0 just like Diadem when 4.0 was released... complete utter waste of developer "resources"

Current so called nerfs to make eureka better are barely noticeable with lack of proper quest steps for your "relic" weapon will cause these to be unobtainable / impossible to do in future... lack of player activity in certain content (also applying to online only games) is lethal... Yoshi-P should've known better
    Last edited by Vyndeleron; 2018-11-23 at 04:13 AM.

You people overreact way too much.

They wont leave something like the freaking relic unobtainable. I bet you Eureka will still be decently populated during Shadowbringers between content patches when people run out of things to do. On top of that they'll 111% make it so its easier to solo. In fact I'm pretty sure Yoshi-P mentioned when Eureka was released about how easy it would be to re tune it to a more solo oriented experience if the need is there.

If they do make the changes to Eureka to make things still "playable" in next expansion then I'm all for it...

My assumptions are based on previous experiences on certain content regarding player activity (during specific times of the game) such as:

24-player raids before the alliance raid rou, alexander normal gordias/midas/creator was difficult to get into mid/late Heavensward days well into Stormblood before normal raid rou, rival wings, mid to late feast seasons, frontlines before the rou was placed in, diadem (the irony of it still lacking "proper" changes as its easily compared to Eureka)

Of course a mention of unsync feature in 3.0 that has helped out immensely
    Last edited by Vyndeleron; 2018-11-23 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndeleron View Post
    Unless dramatic changes are made to the Eureka zones expect it all to be dead activity wise in 5.0 just like Diadem when 4.0 was released... complete utter waste of developer "resources"

Current so called nerfs to make eureka better are barely noticeable with lack of proper quest steps for your "relic" weapon will cause these to be unobtainable / impossible to do in future... lack of player activity in certain content (also applying to online only games) is lethal... Yoshi-P should've known better
    ??

Anemos is always full with people doing nm and challenge logs all the time. Pagos only took 2-3 days and it was also super full since the patch. Pyros lvling takes a day or two also.

I much prefer this way to grinding 8000 outdated tomes and farming some irrelevant trial for light 200 times.

Eureka player population is usually fine for the moment... point was next expansion is going to see a huge drop off in player activity regards to Eureka zones unless Yoshi-P has something planned

Sometimes instance(s) force themselves to stop taking in new players or sometimes you just pop into eureka instance with only yourself in it (not so much indication that its dead more that the queue/instancing is problematic) which both, if you were still interested in eureka grind that is, will make you go screw that and leave n re-enter hoping for a populated instance
    Last edited by Vyndeleron; 2018-11-23 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Has anyone thought that adding a 4th tank and a healer might actually help with the balance?
    The addition of a 3rd tank and healer broke the balance because they tried to make them something in between the already existing ones and for the most part it did not work.
    With the addition of 2 new ones they can literally have for example:
    War and gunblade fullfilling the same job and PLD and DRK fullfilling the other and sch and dancer fullfiling 1 job and whm and ast the other.
    I for one think it ll make things easier.
    With 2 tanks and 2 healers it didnt really matter because one could be clearly better at one thing than the other but you d still need the 2 of them so you didnt really care because you re only competing with people of the same class as you.
    Also I think healers are in a better spot rn just AST needs a slight nerf. He cant be outputing more raw healing and dps than the WHM while also providing an avg extra 1200 rdps with cards.
    Also as for the healers part and the advice people are providing. It honestly depends on the content you re doing but I wont open the "healers need to dps" discussion again in this thread. People can do w/e the fuck they want but its been made clear plenty of times that IN THIS PARTICULAR GAME these classes are designed to dps as well as heal and same goes for the tanks.
    If tanks outside of tanks stance are losing aggro with shirk being available in the game they are god fucking awful or the rest of the raid is never using their aggro reducing abilities like they should to maximize Rdps.
    Honestly, this is probably one of my favorite bits of WoW when they removed most throughput utility from specs. I HATE being reliant on other people for my output. I'm all for utility for "save the day scenarios", but I hate mandatory forced and tuned utility.

Regarding tanks/healers I do think a degree of homogenization is required and tbh I don't even think it's a bad thing. I just think you need to really differentiate the feel and thematics of it for it to not feel bad. I just wish encounter/job design allowed for more varied niches. You can have a homogenized tank toolkit that functions identically with slight variances and different playstyles.

WAR could be like a MNK, in that it plays in a rapidly escalating playstyle, PLD could be like a RDM where it gets free casts after certain conditions (and give more spells to make it interesting), and DRK could be like SMN/SCH where it stores charges of Dark Arts to use on beneficial times, rather than constantly. I think it's ok to have some thematic overlap as long as it doesn't cross role (i.e. overlapping itself within the same role, Caster -> Caster, Tank -> Tank, etc.).

A lot of people hate on Eureka because zerg content is neither fun, nor engaging and forcing the playerbase into it to get the relic is a dick move.

That's my opinion anyway, one I've seen echo'd by others.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Honestly, this is probably one of my favorite bits of WoW when they removed most throughput utility from specs. I HATE being reliant on other people for my output. I'm all for utility for "save the day scenarios", but I hate mandatory forced and tuned utility.

Regarding tanks/healers I do think a degree of homogenization is required and tbh I don't even think it's a bad thing. I just think you need to really differentiate the feel and thematics of it for it to not feel bad. I just wish encounter/job design allowed for more varied niches. You can have a homogenized tank toolkit that functions identically with slight variances and different playstyles.

WAR could be like a MNK, in that it plays in a rapidly escalating playstyle, PLD could be like a RDM where it gets free casts after certain conditions (and give more spells to make it interesting), and DRK could be like SMN/SCH where it stores charges of Dark Arts to use on beneficial times, rather than constantly. I think it's ok to have some thematic overlap as long as it doesn't cross role (i.e. overlapping itself within the same role, Caster -> Caster, Tank -> Tank, etc.).

A lot of people hate on Eureka because zerg content is neither fun, nor engaging and forcing the playerbase into it to get the relic is a dick move.

so do you prefer old relic? i thought atmas and umbrite grind were terrible. obv not for everyone but I think eureka is alot better than afking in town.

so do you prefer old relic? i thought atmas and umbrite grind were terrible. obv not for everyone but I think eureka is alot better than afking in town.
    The old relic was awful as well, but at least had varied activities that weren't grind nameless mobs or do zerg content. The relic in itself is awfully designed time sink content with incredibly shallow mechanics.

I posited 2 different approaches for Eureka, one was an Disgaea item-world esque procedurally generated map exploration wow mythic+ dungeon/D3 Greater Rift mashup and the other was a Monster Hunter World elemental monster and dynamic weather mashup. Both iterations offered gameplay for various playertypes as well as functioning solo and group mechanics with scaling difficulity.

7+ Year Old Account
    So I saw FFXIV being on sale and decided to purchase the complete edition. I left WoW about 7 weeks ago and was always curious about this mmo. Mildly excited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post
    So I saw FFXIV being on sale and decided to purchase the complete edition. I left WoW about 7 weeks ago and was always curious about this mmo. Mildly excited.
    I hope you enjoy it just remember it is a story driven game not just a rave to endgame game

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndeleron View Post

They're going to need to nerf them in a manner like they did the unidentified item step of the animal weapons some 2 years ago.

The telling thing is that the weapon is "complete" in Pyros soon as you have the 385. The substats are basically a bonus. In other words, it's more apparently than ever they intend for these weapons to be glamour skins people grind for.

I would sooner complete the 5 remaining Zeta weapons I haven't done than finish any more Eureka weapons (I have WAR and MNK at 385; rest are still Anemos because fuck Pagos).

I'm just using Eureka to cap tomes and to slowly work towards the second relic that I want. PLD, to be precise.

I don't think I'll bother with the others until the place is hit with the nerf bat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Seconded. (Not really a surprise, I know )
    And before @threadz asks me too: yes I prefer the old relic because it was essentially a by product of what I did anyway. (I never forcefully grinded it, except for the light or fate phase which was about as much fun as Eureka)

To be frank though: I am perfectly fine w/o a relic at all. Having a raid group now, I am mostly sporting the primal weapons.

I swear some of these big fish don't exist...

10+ Year Old Account
    Heheh, oh I know that feeling.
    Battling a low % chance coupled with tiny windows of opportunity that may not open again for several days can be annoying.