Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Good job MMO-C,you posted the bullshit and lies from a rag like Kotaku,now everyone is going to believe it and take it as truth

There's enough shit to be said about Blizzard without adding lies to it
    Yeah okay, dude lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    "Blizzard employees say one of the biggest ongoing conversations this year has been cutting costs."

Yep. All you have to do is play the game to see this. Sigh.

"Activision wants to boost Blizzard's content output by adding more developers and release more games on a regular schedule."

So they want more for less. You can go right ahead and f off with that. Seriously. Just sit and spin.
    So basically...shittier content in less time. WTB better quality stuff and released a bit later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Good job MMO-C,you posted the bullshit and lies from a rag like Kotaku,now everyone is going to believe it and take it as truth

There's enough shit to be said about Blizzard without adding lies to it
    Hmm...why would anyone find this to be true when it even SAYS "Most of these highlights are unconfirmed by Blizzard." in the article.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

I'm still hoping that blizzard will some how be the company that brings me a mobile game I find worthy of a bit of time. (I would likely die holding my breath for it though)

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    Isn't a buy out possible? legit question, I have no idea how their deal works!
    A buyout in this case would mean Activision-Blizzard voluntarily selling off enough stock to not be a majority owner, or buying enough shares from the rest of the shareholders to have a bigger stake than ATVI. You'd need around 30% of the stock on the market to pull that off. You'd only need around 10 billion dollars to accomplish that, give or take a couple billion.

IF all of the shareholders sell enough to do that - most of them are institutional investors like Vanguard these days.

Doing that is called a hostile takeover, and they do happen, but you need large amounts of wealth to do it.

Possible? Sure.

Likely? No.

Ok, for real, why does anyone fucking take Otaku seriously? They literally make shit up constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    I still don't understand how activision tells blizzard or even king what to do when they bring in the least amount of money?
    That's because you don't understand who the players are.

"Activision" is two entities - Activision-Blizzard, which is a corporation that exists for one thing - owning the shares of it's subsidiaries, Blizzard, Activision inc., and King, and the esports division.

Activision Publishing, Inc. is a separate company, that publishes games.

Activision-Blizzard (ATVI) (parent company)
    |

Blizzard Inc. Activision Publishing, Inc. King, inc. (subsidiaries)

Say it ain't so, Mistah Blizzard sir, say it ain't so!
    Seriously, just when the shitstorm from Diablo-Immortal starts to die down, this happens; really not helping the knotting feeling I'm developing in my guts.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Considering the quality of literally every Blizzard game has gone down the tubes in the last year, none of this is hard to believe.

Battle for Azeroth is pure fucking trash, literally some of the worst game design in the whole genre right now. Will be sincerely surprised if it recovers, more likely they'll double down and just try to sell more microtransaction garbage to the permanent addicts.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRemedy View Post
    Considering the quality of literally every Blizzard game has gone down the tubes in the last year, none of this is hard to believe.

Battle for Azeroth is pure fucking trash, literally some of the worst game design in the whole genre right now. Will be sincerely surprised if it recovers, more likely they'll double down and just try to sell more microtransaction garbage to the permanent addicts.
    Last year? It basicly started with the release of Diablo III. From that point on about every decision was about how they can make the most money out of it while taking as little risk as possible. I said it already 2 years ago: Blizz is ruining their reputation and that will cost them a lot of money in the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Project Hades was reportedly a Diablo game in development that would be more like Dark Souls, an over the shoulder dungeon crawler that was also canceled.
    Wow, I'm actually mad. A Dark Souls spin-off of Diablo would have been amazing, would have sold like hotcakes too. Instead they catered to shitty Chinese phone market, yeah....thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    To reach new people and create new fanbases.
    Stop spreading lies, mobile games have never "created new fanbases".

There are no "fans" of Clash of Clans or Candy Crush. Millions of players, for sure, but none of them can be considered "a fan". They'll hop on another game as soon as it is better than their current occupation in a heartbeat.

A "fan" will still stick with the "underrated" game because he loves everything around it. Some Diablo fans are still playing D3 even though it's far from being the best Hack'n'Slash available, because it is Diablo. Meanwhile, Diablo: Immortal chinese players will switch to whatever 2020 reskinned mobile game as soon as it looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Ok, for real, why does anyone fucking take Otaku seriously? They literally make shit up constantly.
    Why are people even taking it seriously when it mentions that the crap is unconfirmed by Blizzard?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Why are unconfirmed rumors from an unknown sources who is allegedly working for Blizzard in the news section? None of them are confirmed by Blizzard. I vote we keep rumors and speculation based off of unknown sources off the front page.
    Lol how shall they confirm something or not that is not even stated. You gotta squeeze a confirmation or denial out of them with articles Like this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Pokemon Go has not had an impact on the main games. The next main game comes out in 2019. As stated by Nintendo. These new lets go games are a second "main" line aimed at a more casual group.

This ties into a main point perfectly. Just because the core games for WoW are popular, that doesn't mean it will translate to the mobile market place. Pokemon has brand recognition as well as a game play that can translate. WoW doesn't have that gameplay and its brand recognition is as an MMO. I just don't see a mobile version having a good base to draw from.
    agree'd, pokemon as a brand let's itself perfectly for it.

Also
    Nintendo announced both the mobile game and the switch game as the same press conference. So everyone was happy. Which is what blizzard could've ended up with would they've done that ;p
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fine. Let them make some money. I don't care as long as it doesn't affect the Blizzard games I play (in a negative way).

The only thing I'm a bit concerned about is that eventually the mobile market will overshadow the PC market (*for Blizzard) leading them to tone down the scale of the games, because 'why spend all these resources on these gigantic PC projects while we can just toss another 10 monsters in Warcraft Go and rake in even more money'.

edit: added Blizzard
    Last edited by Nutri; 2018-11-23 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    It's fine. Let them make some money. I don't care as long as it doesn't affect the Blizzard games I play (in a negative way).

The only thing I'm a bit concerned about is that eventually the mobile market will overshadow the PC market leading them to tone down the scale of the games, because 'why spend all these resources on these gigantic PC projects while we can just toss another 10 monsters in Warcraft Go and rake in even more money'.
    it already did. this year mobile gaming market is worth twice as much as PC one and overall more then both PC&consoles markets combined.

people who dont see where the future leads are in denial .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    it already did. this year mobile gaming market is worth twice as much as PC one and overall more then both PC&consoles markets combined.

people who dont see where the future leads are in denial .
    Yeah you are right. In my wording I should have said that mobile will overtake PC for Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    "Blizzard employees say one of the biggest ongoing conversations this year has been cutting costs."

Yep. All you have to do is play the game to see this. Sigh.

"Activision wants to boost Blizzard's content output by adding more developers and release more games on a regular schedule."

So they want more for less. You can go right ahead and f off with that. Seriously. Just sit and spin.
    are you surprised ?

like for real ?

look what legion really was :

1)reused content in form of WQ being the same quests as during leveling (beatifully cut costs)
    2)dungeons being the variation of the same ones as on launch in 30 modes of difficulty (cut costs)

and people were overjoyed .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Stop spreading lies, mobile games have never "created new fanbases".

There are no "fans" of Clash of Clans or Candy Crush. Millions of players, for sure, but none of them can be considered "a fan". They'll hop on another game as soon as it is better than their current occupation in a heartbeat.

A "fan" will still stick with the "underrated" game because he loves everything around it. Some Diablo fans are still playing D3 even though it's far from being the best Hack'n'Slash available, because it is Diablo. Meanwhile, Diablo: Immortal chinese players will switch to whatever 2020 reskinned mobile game as soon as it looks better.
    you are mistaking "fan" with "junkie addict"

cant blame you though at least 3/4 of currnet wow playerbase are the latter.

Soo allen adham turned blizzard to mobile games, and he recently returned to blizzard. we had very good times without adham and its over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mobile games would've been a great thing to branch into for Blizzard as long as they were announced alongside other big plans for the main stuff. Not when tensions are high due to unhappy communities and there is content drought in some areas (like with Diablo).