Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    This would probably be a more compelling argument if it wasn't over 40 years old, as it turns out we've already seen the results of this and they aren't anywhere near doom and gloom.
    It certainly is going that way. People are getting more and more offended by random stuff that used to be shrugged off by average Joe in the past. What used to get "haha, screw you" response is getting "omg, i'm offended, i'm totally gonna tell everyone and whine about it on every media possible". It's a sign of people becoming weaker and weaker. Overprotective parents have a lot to do with it. Yeah, protect your kid when in danger, but teach him that not everything is a big deal. Teach him to stand up for himself. Do not protect and give in to his every whistle until he's 18 or 21 and then expect him/her to suddenly mature overnight because they are now "adults".

Sure there are some mean things people do or say that should be socially sanctioned, but it's ridiculous where we are now. Just scroll through these (or almost any other forums) and tell me those topics and attitudes are ones of people with strong character. It is more like a bunch of people who can't properly manage their emotions, guess who was responsible for that development?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    So when you can't defend your shit tier arguments you just put someone on ignore and called them a triggered snowflake?

You're a funny guy.
    Keep flattering yourself, lil timmy. To point a fact I'm actually about to head to work. I wouldn't expect a NEET such as yourself to understand though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    So, now you're resorting to just pretending I'm unemployed and uneducated rather than even attempt to argue your point? That's pretty embarrassing for you.
    He attempted to argue his point? Where? That somewhat eluded me. I thought his point was 'bla bla uninformed rambling bla bla the left is destroying my country.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The future in America looks stark not because of coddling of a generation, but because Americans have lost trust in all of their institutions. When you look at overall trust between government, the media, cops, the military, health care, corporations etc., it has never been this low since we started taking polls. When trust collapses, civil unrest follows. Extremist groups on the left and right are growing wildly because trust has collapsed.
    It's not just America, it's all of the western world. Same shit happening with Brexit and the like.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

It's really strange to claim that a generation that's being murdered in school and awaits to inherit an uninhabitable wasteland are "coddled". The only coddled person here is the guy who's more concerned that neo-Nazis can't rile up more mass shooting than the fact that corporations and governments are currently plotting omnicide.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    Boomers blaming their children and their grand children for the problems they caused...

What a surprise...

/sarcasm.
    Yeah this is pretty much it. Move along, nothing to see here.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SLSAMG View Post
    0/10 bait

Enjoy the blacklist.
    blacklisting someone who doesn't agree with you. you're just a shitstirrer who has no clue what you're on about, and likes to parrot other people's opinions as facts.

"We must teach our kids to hate, and abandon them in the wilderness with nothing more than a stick to defend themselves with, or they won't be prepared for the harshness of life....in the bronze age."
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    blacklisting someone who doesn't agree with you. you're just a shitstirrer who has no clue what you're on about, and likes to parrot other people's opinions as facts.
    Utterly deluded.

Post #12 just refuted this baseless assumption of yours, mate. Nice try though.

Strange enough I didn't heard him blame the kids (generation z), some say he blames them I didn't see that, he dose blame the parents and teachers etc.
    Some of his points are valid, but this trend started with the millennias and it's more of an American thing tho it dose start to rub in other places to.

Let's leave the generation naming aside, there are some real problems regarding the health, the world that was build for them encourages sedentary and instead of having activities outdoor to increase there bone structure, immunities etc they stay more inside and it's not there fault it's just how the social structure has evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    It's really strange to claim that a generation that's being murdered in school and awaits to inherit an uninhabitable wasteland are "coddled". The only coddled person here is the guy who's more concerned that neo-Nazis can't rile up more mass shooting than the fact that corporations and governments are currently plotting omnicide.
    Well, your point about the environment would be a lot more salient if your peers weren't putting it on the same level as the right of mentally disturbed men to occupy the same windowless, soundproof areas of partial undress as little girls. While blathering about "safe spaces." The irony is so thick you can cut it with a knife. Kind of like the smog in Los Angeles, amirite?
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets all hammer some nails into our genitals.

Social media makes it a lot easier to be an asshole to other people, including children. Also, the expectations of our children today are higher than they've ever been.

The OP is mostly drivel.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by SLSAMG View Post
    Parents and educators are unwittingly harming today's students by trying so hard to protect them. This is from perceived physical dangers as well as from ideas that might prove uncomfortable. The net is that "helicopter" parenting and increasingly ideologically uniform college campuses aren't allowing kids to develop natural resilience (identical in concept to children being susceptible to diseases if not properly immunized). Kids are not receiving the proper stress-testing to the issues they will undoubtedly encounter in the real world. This coupled with far leftist ideologies is setting up an entire generation for failure.

It's shocking how accurate this is. Why are parents so incredibly over protective of their children? How could they be so ignorant?

I don't agree. I think the opposite is happening. Majority of gen Z noticed this "deadly care" and pushing against it. They don't want to be cuddled, protected, spoon feed with ideologies and turned into a carebear.

I think gen Z will be the first generation rebelling against the new mainstream, the current left/liberal dogmas. That's just the human nature and it's like a pendulum swinging. Gen Z will be the new hippies, but against the left. There are multiple study stating that Gen Z is the more conservative/right wing already than baby boomers

We will see

Yep. A movie like Borat couldn’t be released in today’s society, because people would get butthurt. I just don’t get all this crying about inequality and shit. You honestly have more opportunities to be successful if you’re a minority nowadays, and even more so if you speak two languages.

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room.
    195. Socrates (469-399 B.C.).

Every generation thinks the younger generation sucks, but in our case we are right. They do suck.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Kheirn View Post
    And I've witnessed the opposite. It's the young that tries it's hardest to take responsibility for the shit previous generations did. It's the young that are developing new and environmentally sustainable tech. That tries to get older generations to pull their ass out of their heads and realize that we nees to change our behaviour. People in their 40s-60s often even buy more phones because they can afford it. Everyone I know uses their phone until it either breaks or become so old that it's a hassle and frustration to use (like my S5 I'm on now that drains about 1% ever 1.5 minutes when browsing), not because the latest model released. Second hand is also more popular than ever because of the new mindset of sustainability among the young.

Honestly I don't know where you get your stuff from. Sure as hell can't be experience.
    If you really think young people are the ones buying second hand. Go to clothing stores and you find hordes of young people. Go to a real second hand sellout and you find mostly pensioners.

And of course young people will go into "sustainability tech" when that's where they can get money today.

THE END IS NEAR! I TELL YOU!

For real this time though,the past few millenia of saying that didn't matter of course

WE'RE ALL DOOMED

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    THE END IS NEAR! I TELL YOU!

For real this time though,the past few millenia of saying that didn't matter of course

WE'RE ALL DOOMED
    Yeah. Except they were just as right then as they are now. The only difference is "then" has become now, and it's the reality of the world, that the world is doomed. Scientists are just being nice about it, trying to get people to do what they can now before "it's too late" The fact is, it already is too late, they just want to slow down what is too late.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

*shrug* Biggest threat to the world at the moment is some of the men over 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.