Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Played one game vs. Orphea and already hate her. Mobility, damage and sustain. Barf.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    First game with Orphea: "Not feeling her. Meh."
    Woke up next day, the second game with Orphea: "Omg, she's so much fun! I love her!"

They knew exactly what they were doing when they made paedobait and gave her tentacles.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Deleted
    She doesn’t seem that good, but she’s fun. She’d be really good in the hands of a pro, but what hero wouldn’t be?

I guess it’s only day 2 with her so we’ll see. Every game I’ve played against her I’ve won by a landslide.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flexks View Post
    She doesn’t seem that good, but she’s fun. She’d be really good in the hands of a pro, but what hero wouldn’t be?

I guess it’s only day 2 with her so we’ll see. Every game I’ve played against her I’ve won by a landslide.
    I'm reminded of Alarak... as in, if played mediocre or even "okay", zero impact. If played really well, just 100% ruins your day
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2018-11-15 at 09:34 AM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wait, you've been in a game where she wasn't on both teams? :O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Wait, you've been in a game where she wasn't on both teams? :O
    In team league she's never banned and always first picked by enemy team.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    It got me thinking that maybe adding original characters to the Nexus might actually be a good idea, since it could potentially attract a wider audience of people to HotS, both by creating character archetypes that might not yet be represented by the characters of current Blizzard games and by helping to prevent a "lore-lockout" by only featuring characters that would require one to have played previous Blizzard games to have the same kind of attachment to them as older Blizzard fans.
    I think you're forgetting that all the previous Nexus Original characters didn't let a lack of lore stop them from developing a HotS fanbase, in fact Murky/Brightwing/Lunara proved so popular that all three have been added to WoW!

I really hate her design. You can tell she's a product of market trends, but the thing that really bothers me is her in game silhouette is so cluttered it's hard to distinguish her at a glance. Especially with how it changes when she rotates.

You kind of just have to accept the eyesore-shaped character is always Orphea.

sounds like quite an exaggeration. I can recognize her at a glance vs the others, especially with her abilities, movement and the coffin on her back. "eyesore" and "cluttered" especially dont seem to apply vs some of the others. Infact her smooth floating through the battlefield makes her very recognizeable from one's peripherals

And no. We cant tell she's a product of market trends. you'll need to explain that rather than dumping it in our lap like we know something in your head.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2018-11-24 at 03:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    sounds like quite an exaggeration. I can recognize her at a glance vs the others, especially with her abilities, movement and the coffin on her back. "eyesore" and "cluttered" especially dont seem to apply vs some of the others. Infact her smooth floating through the battlefield makes her very recognizeable from one's peripherals

And no. We cant tell she's a product of market trends. you'll need to explain that rather than dumping it in our lap like we know something in your head.
    I can definitely see why she’s a product of the current market. You must really like her so you’re offended?

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I think you're forgetting that all the previous Nexus Original characters didn't let a lack of lore stop them from developing a HotS fanbase, in fact Murky/Brightwing/Lunara proved so popular that all three have been added to WoW!
    Murky has been in WoW since the very first Blizzcon, years and years before HOTS came out.

I can definitely see why she’s a product of the current market. You must really like her so you’re offended?
    You're just magically restating it like it means something without adding any meat to your statement. other than the hilariously stereotypical "you're so offended" response to my blatently unoffended tone. I presented points as to why she has a clear silhoette and battlefield presence and pointed out your lack of equivalent points to back up your statements. You could atleast make an effort to reply with more than just repetition of your earlier point and relying on hilariously overdone internet-arguement cliche's.

If theres anything I imply to be annoyed by, its your lack of trying. Thus the "that rather than dumping it in our lap like we know something in your head." in response to your attempt to play the "we both know how it is" card. Trying to mask a hollow statement with faux-assumptions of mutually implicit knowledge.

Moving on. her bursts of movement can take some getting used to in a chaotic battle but they're definately her greatest asset to dodge counter attacks and/or more land blows.

Lots of people keep choosing her eternal chomp Ult but her crusher is far superior. It sets everyone trapped in it up for death.

Though one of the gameplay streams showed that the eternal ult triggers off the 2 person mech once it is summoned. It just keeps going until the pilotless mech gets destroyed. THey'll probably fix that, but its absolutely hilarious to see
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2018-11-24 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Murky has been in WoW since the very first Blizzcon, years and years before HOTS came out.
    Yes, as a mini pet, with no lore whatsoever. Eventually he became "the Blizzcon minipet that gets a new costume every year". In Legion, which came out after HotS, they put him in as an actual character, with his abilities taken straight from his HotS incarnation.

Several of his abilities from from WoW to HOTS in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    You're just magically restating it like it means something without adding any meat to your statement. other than the hilariously stereotypical "you're so offended" response to my blatently unoffended tone. I presented points as to why she has a clear silhoette and battlefield presence and pointed out your lack of equivalent points to back up your statements. You could atleast make an effort to reply with more than just repetition of your earlier point and relying on hilariously overdone internet-arguement cliche's.

If theres anything I imply to be annoyed by, its your lack of trying. Thus the "that rather than dumping it in our lap like we know something in your head." in response to your attempt to play the "we both know how it is" card. Trying to mask a hollow statement with faux-assumptions of mutually implicit knowledge.

Moving on. her bursts of movement can take some getting used to in a chaotic battle but they're definately her greatest asset to dodge counter attacks and/or more land blows.

Lots of people keep choosing her eternal chomp Ult but her crusher is far superior. It sets everyone trapped in it up for death.

Though one of the gameplay streams showed that the eternal ult triggers off the 2 person mech once it is summoned. It just keeps going until the pilotless mech gets destroyed. THey'll probably fix that, but its absolutely hilarious to see
    Ok mr passive aggressive I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you don’t understand. She has anime qualities written all over her.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Murky as a distinct character first appeared in HotS as one of the three HotS original chars (the others being Brightwing and Lunara), he was later ported to WoW in Legion.

There is also a WoW non-combat murloc pet called Murky which was part of a Blizzcon promotion but it only shares a name, the HotS (and later Legion/BFA) Murky is a distinct character.

Random Trivia: Murky, Lunara and Brightwing were originally designed for HotS back when it was going to be DOTA2* and were to be based upon the Slark, Enchantress and Puck templates, but were redesigned when the game became Blizzard All Stars (and the HotS) after it became apparent that Blizzard did not actually own the DOTA trademark (and Valve were also working on a sequel).