I've just poked past level 80 and I can safely say that I've only encountered a very small set of irrelevant bugs, nothing 'GAME BREAKING REFUND ME NOW PLS'.

One is misplaced quest markers, one is very rarely a horde boss spawns below the world and I cannot kill it, and the last being that maybe 1 of every 10 times I repair an item, it doesn't take for reasons I don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice to watch knowledgeable people on twitch play this game instead of a bunch of people on YouTube recycling each others 'opinions' for the views of the unsophisticated.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    It's nice to watch knowledgeable people on twitch play this game instead of a bunch of people on YouTube recycling each others 'opinions' for the views of the unsophisticated.
    I've noticed that a lot of these videos are people that I've never seen before and will likely never see again. Is this just the way to get those clicks now?

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    I've noticed that a lot of these videos are people that I've never seen before and will likely never see again. Is this just the way to get those clicks now?
    YouTube algorithms. People are talking about Fallout 76, so that's where the money is for some. Like how some people played Five nights because they liked it and others did because views.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Well, if your point was showing how much those videos trigger you, then congratulations.
    Hyper triggered. Kept awake knowing you are dedicated to a game you admitted you don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I mean this seriously. If the issues not being moddable and having to rely on Bethesda to maintain it is reason to rate it low, that just makes it odder to forgive the bugs purely because you can mod. Oh, and consoles didn't have mods either. And yet, good scores.

If you want to play the "The game forgives the issues" card, then welcome to that argument from people who enjoy the game.

And if being online is an issue, then hanging around this game is pointless. You will never like the game if you don't want to play fallout with other people or be online.
    Issues being moddable are a band-aid, always have been, and I award Bethesda no points for it. But at least it's there. Now it's not.

Being online means UI problems are exacerbated because you can't just pause and do shit at your own leisure. Being online means you can get server disconnects and progression loss on top of ye olde bugs and shitty performance.

And the game doesn't forgive the issue for tons of people for lots of reasons that have been posted. That was my entire point.

YouTube algorithms. People are talking about Fallout 76, so that's where the money is for some. Like how some people played Five nights because they liked it and others did because views.
    So, boring, unoriginal hacks.

Isn’t it funny though? Just awhile ago you were accusing me of “pretending to like it”.

It’s impressive how any discussion with you always turns into this kind of shit…

“nobody complained about bugs with skyrim!”

*posts a list of complaints*

“You posted 2 mean videos about the game, you seem obsessed with it!”

Can’t you just admit that you were just wrong, that you were just doing what you are constantly accusing others of doing? A silly ass exaggeration? Also, yes, you do seem fairly upset about the fact that people are sharing YouTube reviews about the game, I don’t even really remember you addressing anything at all from those videos, but you sure keep bringing them up just for this kind of petty shit.
    You are right. I was wrong about you liking it. But you are still rather obsessed.

Extra credit. Why would I need to refute them? According to you, their opinion is correct and we're in the wrong for having fun with an online game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Issues being moddable are a band-aid, always have been, and I award Bethesda no points for it. But at least it's there. Now it's not.

Being online means UI problems are exacerbated because you can't just pause and do shit at your own leisure. Being online means you can get server disconnects and progression loss on top of ye olde bugs and shitty performance.

And the game doesn't forgive the issue for tons of people for lots of reasons that have been posted. That was my entire point.
    But it does for others. If New Vegas gets to be high scoring on Xbox where you couldn't console command around a quest breaking, it applies here.

But I look forward to you "standards" folks giving the next Bethesda game a 2/10 the first time an NPC clips through the floor since this is "unforgivable".

10+ Year Old Account
    Excuse me while I put another 30 hours into this game. Maybe I should let a random reviewer tell me how to spend my time?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I came across someone who set their CAMP up at Whitesprings Golf Course. He got extra defensive bonuses it looked like with the assaultrons and assault bots just riding around the area, looked like a good idea lol.

Trying to get this radiant quest done to kill the golfer ghouls, but after killing around 20 I'm still 0/10.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    I came across someone who set their CAMP up at Whitesprings Golf Course. He got extra defensive bonuses it looked like with the assaultrons and assault bots just riding around the area, looked like a good idea lol.

Trying to get this radiant quest done to kill the golfer ghouls, but after killing around 20 I'm still 0/10.
    You are killing the ones in golf clothes, right? I killed like 15 of them before I noticed I only had credit for 1.

Also, hoard and sell golf clothes. They're worth like 100 caps, which translates pretty good even with bad charisma.

- - - Updated - - -

Expect I never even said such thing… by the contrary actually:

But of course, you already about that, you just need to keep making shit up, it just makes it so much easier, doesn’t it? Arguing with what people actually say just ain’t fucking fair… doesn’t seem to ever work out, but I’m sure you’ll figure that out eventually.

Reviewers don't tell you how you should spend your time, they rate the game based on their experience and opinions.

What you on about mate?
    Then why do they matter? If reviews are so much dust in the wind, why do you keep wheelbarrowing them in and acting like each one kills the game?

Oh no. People don't like an mmo lite game. And think Fallout 4 was an unplayable buggy mess if they hate the engine so much.

But it does for others. If New Vegas gets to be high scoring on Xbox where you couldn't console command around a quest breaking, it applies here.

But I look forward to you "standards" folks giving the next Bethesda game a 2/10 the first time an NPC clips through the floor since this is "unforgivable".
    I don't much care about scores. But your routine that complaints shouldn't matter because other games had similar issues is ridiculous, especially when you're being so obtuse as to what the complaints actually entail.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Can you explain to me what would constitute as effort?
    Sure. For starters it's clear they need to replace more of their engine as it's clearly beyond outdated. From there I think it be fair to say that effort would include fixing the countless bugs before release. T-pose enemies, entire buildings not loading in until several moments standing next to them, npcs not being glitched into walls/under the map, some quality HD textures, gunplay that doesn't feel absolutely awful, servers that don't crap out constantly. I could sit here for another 30 minutes and list everything but honestly it's easier and more time efficient for me to tell you to just look at the game. If you think a lot of time and care went into it, you may be a part of the problem.

As long as there are people out there defending trash like this, companies will continue doing it. I hope the game fails horribly and I hope they lose money on the project because even if they fix the bugs months after release it still doesn't excuse the launch. Unlike Kotaku subscribers I actually want the game industry to fix its problems. I'm not going to simply accept them and roll over. I've talked several of my friends out of buying this game and I hope others do the same.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

The golf course is IMO, the best spot to set up your camp. I've been using them for a while. It looks nice, it's flat, and the ground isn't spammed with plant textures so you can actually see your crops on the ground. Plus, it's right next to two different vendors, which is useful to.

Deleted

ohhhh yeah babyyyyyyyy ahahahahaaaa I cannot fucking wait! JUSTICE!

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    The golf course is IMO, the best spot to set up your camp. I've been using them for a while. It looks nice, it's flat, and the ground isn't spammed with plant textures so you can actually see your crops on the ground. Plus, it's right next to two different vendors, which is useful to.
    There are vendors? I was doing a quick pass through up to top of the world and stopped to steal clothes and fight a wendigo in a dining room. I didn't see vendors.

You are killing the ones in golf clothes, right? I killed like 15 of them before I noticed I only had credit for 1.

Also, hoard and sell golf clothes. They're worth like 100 caps, which translates pretty good even with bad charisma.
    I guess I haven't found any. I cleared the club house, then looked around on the courses and saw nothing. Then I went back to the club house, which all respawned on me in that mad rush that happens, still nothing. Did come across a 3 star legendary though, so that was fun. I'll keep looking around.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I don't much care about scores. But your routine that complaints shouldn't matter because other games had similar issues is ridiculous, especially when you're being so obtuse as to what the complaints actually entail.
    I didn't say complaints don't matter. I said they should apply consistently.

Or at least not be hyperbolic. Hence why I expect this level of outrage the next time a companion blocks a doorway in the next Fallout.

There are vendors? I was doing a quick pass through up to top of the world and stopped to steal clothes and fight a wendigo in a dining room. I didn't see vendors.
    The main estate has every vendor there is, plus an entire crafting room. It's nice.

The main estate has every vendor there is, plus an entire crafting room. It's nice.
    Guess I need to give that place a second look when it isn't a blast zone.

Fuck blast zone ghouls.

I’ve don’t act like each one kills the game, that’s just the way you feel like interpreting it.

It gives you a sweet ass excuse to keep attempting to start shit with me, meanwhile I’m the one who’s supposedly “obsessed” with crap.

Oh… so it’s a “mmo lite game” now, is it?
    It is. I explicitly said some people wouldn't like it because it straddles that line.

You get leveled equipment like an mmo, but you can actually punch above your weight if you want to blow resources to do it. As opposed to it being unrealistic because miss rates.

Also, there's no structured leveling scheme. Doing the guests in flatwood is a good idea, but you can just pick a direction and go once you leave the vault.

I fully acknowledge people won't be interested in that. But, a lack of interest doesn't ewuate to being "an unforgivable mess".