Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    TIL some people think being the first means they're the best oh sweet summer child, in any sport in the globe the best is the one who can keep his place on top for longest- That's why football, american rugby, rubgby, basketball, volleyball, whatever have league standings , not finish lines lmao
    What about marathons and track meets? Those have finish lines. Or would you say the person who can complete a marathon the fastest isn't the best runner? The point of a race is who can finish first.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I like how you bypassed all the information that I stated, saying this is from a guild that achieved Famed Slayer 6 weeks ago who are still struggling on the adds because of consistently garbage rng. This is a guild that has many toons available to rotate around for a sound comp, and yet you just jump out of no where with a nonsense comment that's literally irrelevant to what was stated.
    We're not a top guild whatsoever, but we killed fetid a good amount of time and the most f-d up thing about that fight is the RNG. I can't stand it. That whole boss is just RNG. The breath cone is so stupidly made; i know that the further you go away from center the wider the arc gets, basic math, but IT'S A LIMITED ROOM IN WIDTH. Why not make it so regardless where you are, you can at least dodge it. The point of that ability is to move from it. Ok I'm moving, but where am I moving?
    Worst boss in the history for regular raiders, and not because people forget to switch to adds or want to pad stuff, but because even when you do everything well, you can get both adds in Africa, plus a breath on top...bad design

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    They do still have to prove they are able to clear with 3 groups just like Limit.
    But they did.This poster said it already.You should have read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by demonyaa View Post
    Three separate groups actually.
    read page 21.There are 3 posters commenting it.
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2018-11-24 at 07:24 AM.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    It's bugged. Just two.
    It’s actually hard to tell if its two or three. Two of the kills share most players, which is impossible. But its hard to tell if the third kill occurred or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post

They were commenting the same post you are, what is your point??

Quote Originally Posted by Thestuff1992 View Post
    Just gonna respond to both parts even though the 2nd wasn’t directed at me.

Firstly, I know their reasoning I just dislike it. If people hit a wall you either move forwards or backwards. I think that’s completely fine. We have 4 difficulties in this game god forbid one of them actually remain hard. Mythrax is almost a completely different fight than it was a few weeks ago mechanically and it’s just way easier as well with the new round of nerfs.

I mean realistically I don’t think there should be anything else done aside from simple tuning (not what these nerfs are, they’re mechanic changes along with heavy nerfs) when we have 4 difficulties in this game already.

Now for the second part there, I kind of get it. It’s not about someone completing an easier task, it’s about the task you completed being made easier over time with heavy handed nerfs and literal mechanic changes. If you aren’t in a top 100 alliance/horde guild for famed, there’s hardly any reason to be in a guild that gets CE 2 months before the next tier over one that gets it a week before unless you’re aiming to move up.

To break that down a bit: It isn’t about what other people are doing and whether it’s essier or harder, it’s about what you’re doing. Why get CE 2 months before the raid tier is over when you can get it 1 week before but have the fights be a whole lot less stressful? It kind of takes meaning away from beating the fights how they originally were after the simple tuning fixes.

Aside from that, these nerfs and mechanic changes allow really crappy guilds to get CE because the fights are actually a lot different and much easier. Boil nerf on ghuun makes p2 so much easier and I’m positive there will be a health nerf later on to make the dps check non existent as well. The last 2 rounds of nerfs for mythrax make the fight completely different and much easier. Fetid nerfs make it a loot piñata. Don’t think mythic needs to be made easier for these bad guilds that can’t do it otherwise when there’s 3 other difficulties in the game.
    You get to drop raid days on farm, which is huge. Having that period to relax a bit before the next tier's progression helps a lot with burnout. Personally I was in a world 300-400ish guild in HFC/EN/ToV/NH/start of ToS, and we were in full progress mode from the time EN opened until I left the guild in ToS for a better one. That's super stressful, whereas in my current guild, there's always a bit of a break between tiers, because we clear quicker.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    I heard Method's inability to rekill it came from them not having 4 warlocks for that fight.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    I heard Method's inability to rekill it came from them not having 4 warlocks for that fight.
    The good’ole I’m going to make something up and try to pass it off as heresay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I think the boss is just badly designed on Mythic. Trying to do it in a "legit" way by controlling the adds exponentially increases the fight's difficulty, because the debuff ensures there's no possible way you can kill the adds faster than he summons them once things ramp up. Thus the only viable strategy is to zerg him the hell down, and I assume the raid testers just didn't play Sub or something so Blizzard didn't think to introduce a mechanic which prevented their passive from triggering.

At this point changing him would force reprogress for basically everyone which would just piss off people. It's too late, let him be a free kill and an absurdity on logs.
    They could just completely gut his HP, so you can make the same DPS check(not spawning hexers) without rogues. Sure, rogues would still make it easier, but it'd make the call to just bring mains instead of rogues much easier, and probably remove the need for a 3rd tank as well(because you could just repeatedly smash the crawgs into the floor with passive cleave, instead of avoiding it, reducing tank damage from them massively even if they do eventually respawn)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    You can easily do it with 3 warlocks.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Unless it's 3 warlocks total for 3 alt groups or whatever they run, it's not worth the effort. Even just organizing runner groups is annoying on this boss, making sure one side can do it without gate would be a massive pita.

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post

No they did with 2 groups only, look closely. Wowprogress is listing the same group 2 times for them.
    Last edited by ryjkur; 2018-11-24 at 11:47 AM.

Deleted
    Good azerite pieces helps with progressing a new tier.

To a degree. But the thing that makes Uldir azerite pieces desirable to raiders is RA which will be gone in the next tier. Neither Laser Matrix nor Archive of the Titans is as good as they seem without the Array stacks. They probably just don't think it's worth the time and effort, because the drops really are nothing to write home about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    I do kind of wonder if people would have claimed method was the real world first if Limit had recleared and taken it down before them seeing as Limit was still able to kill it that reset without the benefit of gear that method got.
    Are you saying method somehow got an extra lockout worth of loot compared to Limit even though Limit gets every new lockout first?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    As I've already said Ghuun has many BiS azerite items with better row optimization than M+ RNG Azerite.
    Such as? For all the classes I play his items are at best equal in row optimization to the azerite which drops earlier in the raid. Surv hunter for example has better shoulders off mother mythic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    To a degree. But the thing that makes Uldir azerite pieces desirable to raiders is RA which will be gone in the next tier. Neither Laser Matrix nor Archive of the Titans is as good as they seem without the Array stacks. They probably just don't think it's worth the time and effort, because the drops really are nothing to write home about.
    Umm.. what? Archive and sometimes laser matrix are simming to be one of the better traits even without RO. Not the absolute best but even without RO they are still better than the majority of traits for most classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Unless it's 3 warlocks total for 3 alt groups or whatever they run, it's not worth the effort. Even just organizing runner groups is annoying on this boss, making sure one side can do it without gate would be a massive pita.
    3 locks or 4 locks makes little difference, both tactics are easy enough to handle the orb duty.

The only thing 3 locks changes is that you want the most mobile classes on the side with one portal, and orbs might be 1 second slower.

Warlocks, Mage, Hunters are the most played classes for a reason, and top guilds always have a plethora of them available.

-

The strategy isn't why method is killing it, it's just the hassle, you can to coordinate well and you get no reward of it, since the loot is garbage and there's no mount to farm. If blizzard had put a mount on G'huun, Method and most other top guilds would have been farming it weekly (multiple times).
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2018-11-24 at 12:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by demonyaa View Post
    The good’ole I’m going to make something up and try to pass it off as heresay.
    The good'ole I'm going to create friction and act like a complete tool for no reason at all other than being a distasteful human being.

- - - Updated - - -

You can also do it with 2. The statement was though, "I heard Method's inability to rekill it came from them not having 4 warlocks for that fight." and it never once stated that it made the fight undoable.

Warlocks, Mage, Hunters are the most played classes for a reason, and top guilds always have a plethora of them available.
    Warlocks are actually one of the least played classes in the game. Only Shaman, Monk and DK have lower numbers.

Sure all top guilds have access to plenty of people with warlock alts, because top guilds make it a requirement that everyone has multiple toons.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Sure all top guilds have access to plenty of people with warlock alts, because top guilds make it a requirement that everyone has multiple toons.
    BfA introduced class stacking in high end raiding so unfortunately it's required.

Deleted
    BfA introduced class stacking in high end raiding so unfortunately it's required.
    Fallen Avatar (pretty much the entire tier)? Rogues ?
    Blackhand? Rogues ?
    Spine of Deathwing? Mages ?
    Hello ???

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Are you saying method somehow got an extra lockout worth of loot compared to Limit even though Limit gets every new lockout first?

- - - Updated - - -

Such as? For all the classes I play his items are at best equal in row optimization to the azerite which drops earlier in the raid. Surv hunter for example has better shoulders off mother mythic.
    Limit took a risk and extended so they didn't get the gear from reclearing. They did still manage to kill it with their current gear but it was a day or so after method.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Fallen Avatar (pretty much the entire tier)? Rogues ?
    Blackhand? Rogues ?
    Spine of Deathwing? Mages ?
    Hello ???
    None of those were 'required' for the majority of guilds who got there later. They could be overcome with other classes and some more gear.
    If you don't have the required Warlocks you don't even have to consider starting G'huun.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death