Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I would enjoy a third person over the shoulder type version of Diablo, and making it a dark action RPG would work well. However, Souls gameplay systems are not representative of the Diablo experience.

If anything, Diablo would be a character action roleplaying game. Less From Software, more Platinum Games.
    How about Nioh pal? That game has a lot of diablo and souls like elements with a few Ninja Gaiden features
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Can someone explain how the fuck to parry Champion Gundyr?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Honestly, world of diablo. Or world of starcraft. easy money. An MMO set in the grizzly dark world of diablo...are you kidding. Take my money.

Actually while we're on that. A truly dark, horror themed mmo in general. I'd be onboard with. As long as it's not like the cheesy horror of freddy / jason crap.

Would have been an interesting game, but they're right in that it shouldn't be Diablo 4. It'd be like if Starcraft 3 was a FPS. Spinoffs are fine but the core series probably shouldn't stray too far from the roots. It's why people are still hungry for a Warcraft 4 RTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    How about Nioh pal? That game has a lot of diablo and souls like elements with a few Ninja Gaiden features
    I found the incessant grind for gear and nonsensical stats to be a hindrance in Nioh, and I'm a massive fan of both Diablo and Souls games.

There's something about Nioh that just feels....weak.

I doubt this would've been all that fantastic a game myself, and it would make sense to me why they might cancel a project like that. The richness of the Souls series comes from its nuance and the smaller parts making for a greater whole, something that Blizzard really struggles with as a developer. They're good at tight, straightforward, bombastic experiences with a relatively narrow focus, and unless they could take the core gameplay to the next level (in a genre they've never tackled before) I don't think they would've succeeded at making something in the Soulsborne style work.

There are a lot of games out there these days that have tried to do their own take on the Souls formula, and very few of them manage to get it right. I very much feel like a Diablo soulslike with Blizzard at the helm would probably emulate the combat mechanics of the souls series successfully but fall short in pretty much every other area, which would result in an incredibly mediocre experience overall.

Souls-like Diablo would've been awesome.

Can you imagine Diablo 1 as a Souls-like with its terrifying atmosphere and dungeon crawling? So gritty and dark.

Well that's a real shame, though in honesty it wouldn't feel like Diablo where many mobs to be killed successively isn't a trait of something akin to the likes of the Souls series.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Wrong forum.

But it’s a shame that was cancelled. Dark Souls has never been able to draw my attention, but I’d have given a version with a Diablo flair a go.
    I thought the same initially until I bought Dark Souls 2. Fantastic atmosphere with compelling gameplay, been hooked onto the Souls series since with Bloodbourne* being my favourite of the lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Thanks god it got canceled. Souls are cancer just like MOBA and BR.
    "They canceled a game that would have been loved by so many people, but I wouldn't like it so thank god."

lol.. Maybe blizzard would be doing better right now if they didn't keep canceling everything. They probably canceled it because people that like LFR and warfronts would die twice and say "this game is too hard!! waaaaaaaah"
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2018-11-24 at 06:41 AM.

Big loss they cancelled it.

Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    Blizzard creating games which are like other games. Warcraftpokemon Go, Dark Diablo Souls, Heroes of the LoL, Overwatchdota...

Where is the innovation?
    Lol and DotA are based on Warcraft 3 Dota. So, take that for what you will. As for warcraft go, that wasn't even officially announced, could be completely fake. And the diablo game is never coming out

Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    Blizzard creating games which are like other games. Warcraftpokemon Go, Dark Diablo Souls, Heroes of the LoL, Overwatchdota...

Where is the innovation?
    That is basically how Blizzard has more or less always operated. It's never been a company for outright innovation, more about taking good ideas and making great products. World of Warcraft took a lot from EverQuest and implemented what it lacked - guided gameplay (quests), end game content (BGs & Raids), more casual gameplay, and more social aspects. Diablo they bought another company who was making it, named it Blizzard North, and had them make D1 & D2. Hearthstone is one of the few successful online card games, drawing a lot of influence from other games, but making it far easier to get started. Blizzard has a "knack" for making good ideas better and more accessible.

OT: They probably canceled it because they couldn't get it to feel right. For all we know a better idea was born from the ashes of the project, similar to how Titan lead to Overwatch. You can almost piece together what Titan was going for with all the story and world building going into that game, which is unheard of for a PvP Shooter game with no solo experience.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    lol.. Maybe blizzard would be doing better right now if they didn't keep canceling everything. They probably canceled it because people that like LFR and warfronts would die twice and say "this game is too hard!! waaaaaaaah"
    I think it would have ended up being a darksiders type of game, and we have Darksiders3 coming out in a few days. There are a lot of similarities between darksiders and other Blizzard style ganes, so i think we can actually get a pretty good idea of how a Diablo-souls would have done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    so glad they canceled it.

diablo is a ARPG and nothing else
    Psssst! I have a secret for you; Dark Souls is an ARPG as well.

I still want a 3rd person Diablo MMO.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I can't take this serious. There's no way that Blizzard would make a game that harsh. It would probably be an uber watered down experience, and who'd want that.
    Yea I believe it would be more of DMC gameplay than Souls actually. It would even have to be to fit the Diablo hack'n'slash gameplay.
    S.H.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I know lots of people that are decent in WoW, hate raiding but only do LFR and are absolute gods at games like Dark Souls/Diablo/etc. Don't equate raiding to not having actual skill in other games outside of MMOs.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Lol and DotA are based on Warcraft 3 Dota. So, take that for what you will. As for warcraft go, that wasn't even officially announced, could be completely fake. And the diablo game is never coming out
    DotA wasnt created by blizzard tho.. it was a map made by the community

Dark souls diablo would be awesome, When it comes to diablo in general, i have really low hopes, so can't be too dissapointed when i hear the release of "Diablo 23,4% more immortal"

Only arpg game that i am waiting on now is Torchlight Frontier.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Psssst! I have a secret for you; Dark Souls is an ARPG as well.

I still want a 3rd person Diablo MMO.
    nah , dark soul is a git gud rpg .