Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    People complaining about remakes yet when original ideas come out people never go to it, but they take the family along to Iron man 2.

You get the world you created.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

You people are unreal... theres nothing wrong with remakes! especially when its as drastic as taking an animated movie and making it live action.

Seeing the cast.... I thought this movie was about lions, not about humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I grew up with the Norwegian dubbed version of the Lion King, so at least I won't notice or be bothered by the voices in this movie compared to the original. The trailer was decent enough.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    You people are unreal... theres nothing wrong with remakes! especially when its as drastic as taking an animated movie and making it live action.
    It's not really "live action" though. It's still animated.

The Jungle Book was technically live-action because it included at least one non CGI-human on the screen.

But there are no humans in The Lion King (unless they add some, but I suspect not), and everything in the movie is done with CGI, not live animals.

So it's still animated.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    As someone whose all-time favorite Disney movie is Lion King; why do this?
    Why are any remakes made?
    This remake makes even more sense than non-animated ones, because animation technology has grown insanely over the last 25 years.

Remakes are not really made for the fans of the originals. They are made for the new generations in a more attractive way than the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Why does the cast bother you people so much?
    You didn't even read my post. It was a joke. Ofc african animals are going to be voiced by africans. Would be weird if they had british or american accents.

Any confirmation about Scar's redesign being true or is it from that one source still?

I did read your post. And as far as I’m aware there are mostly Americans voicing the characters, not Africans. Oh, and just a heads up, unless you’re actually funny, tag your posts to indicate sarcasm/comedy.
    It was obvious. Sorry that you didn't get it.

Not as of yet.
    Because if it is true, then it's gonna be as bad as Doctor Who's blatant propaganda.... not to mention copyright dispute for ripping off Kimba is gonna be even worse this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Huh, what wrong with his design?
    https://thedisinsider.com/2018/03/19...n-king-remake/

I think this is what they are upset about.

"Turning him into a rare white lion" and running with it as "anti-white propaganda" given that mention about "doctor who's blatant propaganda".

I'm bothered that they would change the design at all tbh, if you are going for nostalgia don't change the design of a major character.

Holy fuck, Disney is changing the bad guy to a white colour?
    This is beyond hilarious
    AHAHAH

- - - Updated - - -

But wasn’t a photo of him shown from the trailer? He doesn’t look white.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/c6-1oEak0z4/maxresdefault.jpg
    Wait, so it's fake news or what?

But wasn’t a photo of him shown from the trailer? He doesn’t look white.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/c6-1oEak0z4/maxresdefault.jpg
    Oh you are right, the reports are probably just sensationalist bullcrap then. Looking at the date of the story I linked, probably spawned during the "we dont know anything yet" time of the movie being known.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Holy fuck, Disney is changing the bad guy to a white colour?
    This is beyond hilarious
    AHAHAH

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, so it's fake news or what?
    Looks like fake news, or to better put it, people speculating before any information was out and sjws got triggered about it like usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah one of those films as a kid I loved but as I god older now can't stand, I hate the message sense and destructive narrative now IMO. However in terms of technical it looks visually stunning.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I'm hoping for #nochanges.
    The film was perfect, dont fix it!

The aesthetics look bad. The appeal of the original movie was cartoony animals. Now it looks... just odd. The character has changed, which is fine. But maybe at that point make a different movie.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Even if he turns out to be white, it actually makes a lot of sense if they want to explain why he’s more thin and sickly looking, since a white lion in the wild would likely have a much harder time surviving.

Still, it’s a kid movie so it probably doesn’t matter.
    Scar isnt sickly hes just not as strong as the mighty Mufusa
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Even if he turns out to be white, it actually makes a lot of sense if they want to explain why he’s more thin and sickly looking, since a white lion in the wild would likely have a much harder time surviving.

Still, it’s a kid movie so it probably doesn’t matter.
    Except Scar ISN'T sickly. He was just born weaker than Mufasa, but he was in no way sickly.

Debating if I'll actually watch it. Racist casting at it's finest. White actors playing only Timon, Pumba, and Zazu. Is this Spike Lee presents The Lion King? Could you imagine the backlash if we cast black people like this? It'd be like "wtf racist minstrel show in 2019"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    You didn't even read my post. It was a joke. Ofc african animals are going to be voiced by africans. Would be weird if they had british or american accents.
    And yet they do.... as the joke characters. John Oliver is Zazu. Timon and Pumba both white actors. That's it.
    Last edited by ohwell; 2018-11-24 at 06:51 PM.

Real lions actually look more like Scar than Mufasa.......thin and lanky. Mufasa is fucking ripped.