Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I'm sorry, but that is such a cop-out answer. They exist but they don't because.... reasons, but they might in the future. Really?
    hahahaha. cry some more. It is not a cop out. It is perfectly reasoned right there in the text you quoted. Just because you don't like it and a video game is being mean to you doesn't means it is a cop-out answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have no issue with Zandalari Warlocks but my attitude is that Blizzard should be more liberal with Class availability and open a few more options up which they've hinted at in the past or developed lore for. I don't really get why everyone can be a Monk personally, especially Mag'har Orcs, Kul Tiran humans and Draenei, but Zandalari Trolls connection with the Mogu and their history with the Pandaren could hint for them to learn the ways.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by fishnchips1234 View Post
    Good Job Blizz! XD

Rastakhan's Rumble - Go to wowhead.com and see what classes we got :P
    I find it baffling that people still point to Hearthstone regarding lore arguments, when that game has things like this:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I find it baffling that people still point to Hearthstone regarding lore arguments, when that game has things like this:
    Don't forget mecha'thun, the hero death knights, sir annoy-o-tron, Sly Cooper-looking virmen, etc, etc.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    No.. Pandaren death knights don't exist... if blizzard actually believes they do then that would be one of the worst retcons ever.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Gravewalker_Gie
    https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/450796989488574465

You are late to the party. And it doesn't have to be a retcon in the slightest for their to be Pandaren death knights created before the Mists came down. Don't confuse "I don't like it" with "changing lore".
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    in the oficial artwork jeklik is a mage and the warlock is zandalari female

I think you are confused. Jeklik is the warlock legendary and Hireek's champion in the expansion. She is a Gurubashi.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Got a source from Blizzard or the Hearthstone team where they directly say that the Warlock is from the Zandalari tribe and not a different tribe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    *snip

acording to the troll archeology items Fetish of Hir'eek she is in fact zandalari

"Hir'eek is one of the animal spirits worshipped by southern trolls. Hir'eek's totemic animal is the bat. Jeklik, a high priestess of Zandalar, was one of Hir'eek's most famous followers."
    Last edited by valky94; 2018-11-24 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    hahahaha. cry some more. It is not a cop out. It is perfectly reasoned right there in the text you quoted. Just because you don't like it and a video game is being mean to you doesn't means it is a cop-out answer.
    Not crying here. Just stating an opinion on how Blizzard chooses race/class combinations at random. I don't even play or intend to play a warlock. Sorry I "attacked" your little corner of the world and you had to lash out in defense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    acording to the troll archeology items Fetish of Hir'eek she is in fact zandalari

"Hir'eek is one of the animal spirits worshipped by southern trolls. Hir'eek's totemic animal is the bat. Jeklik, a high priestess of Zandalar, was one of Hir'eek's most famous followers."
    Yeah, I guess I forgot her backstory for being in ZG.

The only lore justification for a class / race combo not existing is if a specific race cannot wield a particular magic at all. Something like undead pre-wow retcon basically exploding any time they came in contact with the light.

Short of a reasoning like that, the rest is purely arbitrary. To act as though an entire race is a hive mind and that not a single member of that race would ever branch out into something that is uncharacteristic of said race is ridiculous. Especially in a world where these races are allied and fighting side by side with each other bringing one anothers culture and values with them.

The only reason most class / race combos that don't exist don't is because blizzard has decided they don't want them to. The lore justifications for them not existing are weak at best, and even in the event that there is a strong lore justification like undead vs light, blizzard would simply retcon it.

The debates about the lore are very silly, in the case of zanda locks in particular no one would have batted an eye if they left warlocks in like they originally intended. These kind of debates never would have happened, there was no one rallying against them existing for lore related reasons. I have no idea why people are getting so attached to being against it now.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Exactly. Every time I see one of those hissy fit posts, it seems to be from people who started after Cataclysm. They don't realize that Blizzard will add some new race/class combinations as time moves on and the story goes forward. Troll Druids weren't a thing until Cata. Neither were Human or Undead Hunters. Tauren Paladins/Priests, Night Elf Mages, Dwarf Shaman/Mages, Gnome Priests, and so forth were all new to Cataclysm. Before then the races were still locked to what they had available to them in Vanilla/BC.
    They’ve only added additional classes once, and have said they kind of regret it. I think it’s fair not to expect it to happen again, once is a rare number.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Gravewalker_Gie
    https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/450796989488574465

You are late to the party. And it doesn't have to be a retcon in the slightest for their to be Pandaren death knights created before the Mists came down. Don't confuse "I don't like it" with "changing lore".
    The Ebons were, and continue to, raise additional death knights not killed by the Scourge. The only reason the class hasn’t been expanded to newer races is because updating the starting quests or coming up with something different isn’t worth the effort in Blizzard’s eyes. Perhaps they do consider it worth the effort, but they have other priorities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The only lore justification for a class / race combo not existing is if a specific race cannot wield a particular magic at all. Something like undead pre-wow retcon basically exploding any time they came in contact with the light.

Short of a reasoning like that, the rest is purely arbitrary. To act as though an entire race is a hive mind and that not a single member of that race would ever branch out into something that is uncharacteristic of said race is ridiculous. Especially in a world where these races are allied and fighting side by side with each other bringing one anothers culture and values with them.

The only reason most class / race combos that don't exist don't is because blizzard has decided they don't want them to. The lore justifications for them not existing are weak at best, and even in the event that there is a strong lore justification like undead vs light, blizzard would simply retcon it.

The debates about the lore are very silly, in the case of zanda locks in particular no one would have batted an eye if they left warlocks in like they originally intended. These kind of debates never would have happened, there was no one rallying against them existing for lore related reasons. I have no idea why people are getting so attached to being against it now.
    I think they should just allow you to unlock additional classes for the other races.

Do most of X race become Y class? No, it’s virtually unheard of. It’s just not something they do. However, if you get exalted with Z faction, maybe they can teach you!

I think that would be a good compromise.

Example: wanna make a ... night elf paladin? Reach exalted with the Argent Crusade on a night elf, allowing you to create night elf Paladins at the character screen. If you wanted to make it harder, throw in that you need to finish the paladin class campaign as well (but on any character).

This would make certain race/class combinations much rarer because of the additional effort it would take to unlock the combo, giving the illusion that these combinations don’t happen frequently and that a night elf felt an abnormal and unique calling that they perused of their own accord. For stuff like Draenei warlocks, it would be an interesting case of an individual flying in the face of their own cultural heritage to chase a hunger for power or personal dream that the rest of the Draenei would openly resent them for.

I think gnomes pursuing religion already touches on this a little and would have made a solid example.

Side note, it’s always been my belief that humans should be able to be all classes as a sort of racial. I don’t play humans, but their flexibility and adaptiveness has always been a staple feature of an otherwise difficult (and rather plain) to define race.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2018-11-24 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I should literally be able to wield Ashbringer in WOW...as Undead Uther.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I think they should just allow you to unlock additional classes for the other races.

Do most of X race become Y class? No, it’s virtually unheard of. It’s just not something they do. However, if you get exalted with Z faction, maybe they can teach you!
    This is what Swtor pretty much does, once you level a race to... well what was cap when I played.. you unlock that race for all other classes. My first toon was an imperial agent which is basically a spy. I made all my other toons the exact same character and had a mini-RP in my head that it was that same agent infiltrating other things. Was a good time.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

High Priest of Zandalar doesn't mean she's Zandalari. Same way the General of the Zandalari(General Jakra'zet) was from the Sandfury Tribe.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

I think you are confused. Jeklik is the warlock legendary and Hireek's champion in the expansion. She is a Gurubashi.
    yeah thats right, i though jellik was the green mal troll

btw this one look completely like a zandalari, fangs, mouth, color, eyes, pretty much like talanji

- - - Updated - - -

As I've already stated, we don't know what half a dozen troll tribes ACTUALLY look like. You are making assumptions that the Warlock is Zandalari, when it could be Gurubashi, Drakkari, Witherbark, or Mossflayer. You have zero confirmation that's Zandalari and until Blizzard directly says its Zandalari, it isn't Zandalari.
    ok buddy, take this https://wow.gamepedia.com/Fetish_of_Hir%27eek so can stop annoying here, thanks @valky94 for the source

Also: https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_Priestess_Jeklik

Race Zandalari troll (Humanoid)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    Internal Screaming
    I hope it's this scream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3OpgwpgqXA

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    As I've already stated, we don't know what half a dozen troll tribes ACTUALLY look like. You are making assumptions that the Warlock is Zandalari, when it could be Gurubashi, Drakkari, Witherbark, or Mossflayer. You have zero confirmation that's Zandalari and until Blizzard directly says its Zandalari, it isn't Zandalari.
    She was Zandalari, despite being a boss in ZG, she was sent there but turned by Hakkar. Death finally "frees" her from that curse.

High Priestess Jeklik was the Zandalari High Priestess of the Primal Jungle God Hir'eek, the Bat. Sent to Zul'Gurub to stop Hakkar the Soulflayer, she was turned by the blood god and had to be slain at the Zandalari's behest.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_Priestess_Jeklik

So she was a Zandalari, and tried to stop Hakkar but got turned against the other Zandalari so we kill her in the raid in Vanilla.

High Priestess still doesn't mean she's a "warlock" in the sense of playable WoW class however.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-11-24 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    ok buddy, take this https://wow.gamepedia.com/Fetish_of_Hir%27eek so can stop annoying here, thanks @valky94 for the source

Also: https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_Priestess_Jeklik
    High Priest of Zandalar doesn't make her Zandalari, the same way General Jakra'zet is the General of the Zandalari, but isn't of the Zandalari tribe.

As per Gamepedia, using outdated information, from vanilla where they've reconned much of the lore. Until you can provide something recent or from the Hearthstone team, she isn't from the Zandalari tribe lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

15+ Year Old Account

But she also isn't a warlock in WoW. In WoW she was a shadow priest and killed. Attempts to resurrect her were stopped in Cataclysm. So either way she is not a Warlock in WoW even if she is in Hearthstone.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_Priestess_Jeklik_(quest)
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_Pries...klik_(tactics)

- - - Updated - - -

As per Gamepedia, using outdated information, from vanilla where they've reconned much of the lore. Until you can provide something recent or from the Hearthstone team, she isn't from the Zandalari tribe lol.
    It isn't outdated or retconned. Zanzil attempted to resurrect her in Cataclysm. You stop him in a quest from resurrecting her. She is a Zandalari but she is not a Warlock. In the original instance she had Shadow Priest abilities. In the artwork from Hearthstone there is nothing that implies Warlock that can't also imply Shadow Priest.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2018-11-24 at 10:00 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Yes, and so is Ragnaros, Lightlord.