Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Gotta love the hypocrisy of horde pvp heroes - people who knowingly and purposely choose the side that has higher numbers, therefore easier times, then bragging about how they're owning it. Lol.

You know why people on alliance side don't give a shit about defending some videogame town where the npcs will respawn a couple of minutes later and you can do whatever you wanted to do in the first place, not getting held back by a bunch of losers who need to massage their egos by annoying other people in a game while "shouting" cringy slogans? Because exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Gotta love the hypocrisy of horde pvp heroes - people who knowingly and purposely choose the side that has higher numbers, therefore easier times, then bragging about how they're owning it. Lol.

You know why people on alliance side don't give a shit about defending some videogame town where the npcs will respawn a couple of minutes later and you can do whatever you wanted to do in the first place, not getting held back by a bunch of losers who need to massage their egos by annoying other people in a game while "shouting" cringy slogans? Because exactly that.
    Hypocrisy? Please explain the hypocrisy that you accuse these players of displaying. I would love to get your version of this unique brand of hypocrisy.

If its red its bad. I atack everyone i see, if they are a group, i die, but i wont yeld!
    For the horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    For the Alliance, except in pvp then it's for yourself.

Personally, I stopped running with war mode on because I spent more time dead than alive.
    Good story though.
    Was grinding quest to get Suramar elves. On my lvl 110 hunter alt that is really badly geared, got ganked by a lvl 120 DH horde. What ensued was a 22min long cat and mouse fight where I kept him cc'ed and tried to stay alive until I could get to safety. While getting chased there was at least 6 lvl 120 alliance nearby and no one helped me even though I wrote in general and say.

I survived, and he was never below 90% hp because I could not damage him.
    p.s. I am alliance only. Though I do have horde alts for the story.
    A lvl 110 shaman
    A lvl 105 DH
    A lvl 94 Priest and a lvl 91 DK.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

15+ Year Old Account
    What I have noticed is that most Alliance don't mind pvp, especially those that came from a pvp server, but warmode has become a big turn off due to the imbalance. It is one thing to come across a few horde when questing or doing dailies and possibly die, but if you are constantly getting jumped by 5+ enemies it gets old really fast.

On the flip side, it seems alot of the Horde with warmode on are always looking for a fight and will enter the zone asking if anyone has seen Alliance so they can go kill them. I have seen many times where an Alliance player is found they are called out on general chat and several people will go quickly to find and kill them.

Again, it is hard to generalize everyone's mindset when it comes to warmode, but I honestly believe Blizzard has really dropped the ball with how it works. I don't think any amount of reward is going to lure back the Alliance that have turned it off at this point.
    Last edited by Vamandrac; 2018-11-24 at 11:17 PM.

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    i play a disc priest and even if it takes me 5 minutes to kill someone theyre gonna get got if i see them. This isnt world of peacecraft amirite?
    Lul despite the entire point of Warcraft 3 being the Horde and Alliance had to put aside their differences to stop the Burning Legion, and every expansion has had a greater threat that required the factions to band together.

But yeah it's World of WARcraft.

It's just world of factionimbalance.

Why should any alliance player participate in something thats was 10:1 and higher even in the first week of BfA. Currently its 20 or 30:1 on many shards, why should anyone waste so much time for nothing but beeing a gank victim, because right now you get a full raid of SCALED HORDE PLAYERS against 1 alliance player, since gear doesnt even matter its raw numbers vs raw numbers. The whole shard-balance announcement is not something I see in game, there are so many raid WQ people are doing, every shard I see is just as bad, as in the first weeks of BfA.

Warmode would be not an issue for raiders/geared player in the 385+ ilvl if scaling was not there, but since every fresh green geared horde player is just as powerfull as any full mythic raid geared alliance player, the number advantage crushes any hopes.

The +30% ptr change for the weaker faction wont change anything, since raiding and pvp is heavily shifted to horde over the years of race imbalances and there is no change (RACE BUFFS) to counter the active pvp/pve population on horde side.

Generally speaking, most of the Alliance players I know today don't mind PvP, but they don't want to do it all the time. Even my friends that were big PvP server guys found the value of just being able to log in and get stuff done during Legion, so would often ask me for an invite to my PvE server so they could.

I think at the end of the day just about anyone that wants to PvP all the time has gone Horde, and those that don't have migrated to the Alliance.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Lul despite the entire point of Warcraft 3 being the Horde and Alliance had to put aside their differences to stop the Burning Legion, and every expansion has had a greater threat that required the factions to band together.

But yeah it's World of WARcraft.
    ok then turn off warmode and stop crying, no one is forcing you to get your ass kicked in world pvp, be bad sharded with the rest of the bads

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    It's not faction pride etc it's a few related things:

Over time, people have gotten the idea that Horde is more into PVP so if they want to PVP, they roll/transfer to Horde... which reinforces that Horde have more PVPers because, well, they do.

On a lot of servers, Horde has far more people in Warmode so if you put out a call, more people will see it on the Horde-side. Why is this (aside from the first point)? Well...

If Alliance was severely outnumbered in warmode when BfA dropped, many of them likely got tired of being ganked by Horde groups and simply turned off WM. So... see above.

We can't know, but I'd bet that many more Horde see a call to come PVP than do Alliance in the same zone at the same time.
    This pretty much nails it.

When bfa launched I was always willing to rush to help fellow alliance players being attacked by horde. Now, I don't bother and sometimes I see players cry in general chat that no one helps or worse, alliance players ride on by when they see faction members being ganked. Why? Because we all now know as soon as you engage in pvp within seconds you will be overwhelmed by superior horde numbers. This might change in the next patch with sharding improvements, but it won't matter the damage is done.

There's simply too many horde players who care about pvp in general and not only that, many high end guilds these days are horde as well. The actual faction balance may be close to 1:1, but in general the more hardcore pvp and pve players are horde these days. This is the outcome of faction imbalance through things like OP racials etc over the years, paired with the fact that more and more alliance guilds were forced to go horde for recruitment and a pursuit of better servers etc.

It has nothing to do with mentality, its purely due to the sheer number of horde players who will overwhelm you as soon as you enter warmode making it impossible to do anything. The only positive thing about warmode for alliance players is the fact that we can opt out of pvp on pvp servers.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was on my alliance BDK who was 114 and got jumped by a 120 Tauren Shaman. I held my own and slowly whittled him down, watching alli after alli ride by with nothing. Then a Horde pally jumped in and helped the shaman finish me off. Alliance is barely interested in WPVP on RP servers, it seems.

God loves the Horde, because the Horde kills everything they see.

I see no difference on either side. if you are one faction you will get ganked by a group from the other faction it will eventually happen, never fails. alliance camp people, horde camps people. I get no unique story from one faction. both sides tend to pvp the same. either attacking you or not. ive seen alliance stand there and not help, ive seen horde stand there and not help. ive seen both sides do it a lot. ive seen horde engage instantly when by themselves, ive seen alliance engage instantly when by themselves. ive seen horde negage and kite to npc guards, ive seen alliance do the exact same thing.

I don't agree, you said there was a group of 5 alliance willing to pvp and in a mater of minutes probably some 20+ horde showed up and killed them.
    That happened because there are way (way) more horde players on warmode, we had constant battles when BFA started 20+ vs 20+ and it was a lot of fun, but in general it was harder to find people on alliance side to counter the 20+ grps of horde so after some months this eroded even more.

As with a lot of WQ the number of horde players showing up to complete that q is a lot bigger then alliance .. so if a battle starts the numbers will always be on horde side, they don't organize, they just are a lot more, in a span of 5 min probably some 5-10 horde players will make that q while just 1 or 2 alliance will show up to complete that q.

The same people play this game, don't joke yourself, I play both horde and alliance as many of my friends do, on the raiding and warmode scene there is a big problem and it has absolutely nothing to do with "people", it's a developers problem and a buff to rewords will not fix this, it's fundamental design problem of these factions.

Deleted
    I imagine it's because for Alliance players, it's a game

And for Horde players it's their life

Okay that's a little black and white, and exaggerated to make a point, but I'd say that Horde players on average simply care more about their faction and the Horde vs Alliance conflict than the Alliance.

It's why every "For the Horde" at Blizzcon is louder than every "For the Alliance"

Horde players are very passionate, Alliance just want to get their WQ's done in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    ok then turn off warmode and stop crying, no one is forcing you to get your ass kicked in world pvp, be bad sharded with the rest of the bads
    This answers the initial question as it's exactly what you get as an Alliance player if you ask for help on /General. Quest somewhere else is another favourite.

Also some of the azerite and elite killquests in the WQ pool are very close to the alliance main questing routes, which results in people having to turn off WM since they're camped by Horde raids. If you want more Alliance don't be such a pain in the ass soth of Arom's Stand in Drustvar and around Mariner's Stand in Stormsong Valley. Killing low level Alliance players is not gonna get you an Alliance raid for WPVP.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Generally speaking, there's two types of players in War Mode: A) those looking to do actual WPVP B) looking for the WM bonus rewards (obv can be both columns).

Most Alliance World Questing nowadays are purely for Column B, as they'll play their Horde toon with the perceived advantage for A. Basically it snowballed, one side won out over time, among other factors (ie: Blizzard admitted the population balancing in sharding wasn't working properly). The 8.1 change to Enlistment will shake things up a bit, but you're still going to get players on the Alliance mostly wanting Column B with no interest in A, maybe even moreso with the 8.1 change.

I don't want to go on a tangent here really, but there's a lot of hivemind mentality in other game modes too. That aside, I do think there's alliance out there who genuinely want to war mode but get discouraged when the only people in their shard are just column B, or more importantly, the sharding tech was messed up and they didn't see any of their own faction at all.
    I'm a B player myself, except I cheese the system to force myself into a RP server to deal with less people who actually care about world PvP and shards with far less server options, I go days where I don't even see any players of the opposing faction on these servers and I love it because there's no penalty.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Hypocrisy? Please explain the hypocrisy that you accuse these players of displaying. I would love to get your version of this unique brand of hypocrisy.
    Its kinda obvious dude? The players that brag, saying "get gud" (see that dude that quoted me in the first page), are joining the side with higher numbers, the side with the clear advantage.

Its like having a handicap in your favor, then bragging about "winning," it just screams insecurity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I imagine it's because for Alliance players, it's a game

And for Horde players it's their life

Okay that's a little black and white, and exaggerated to make a point, but I'd say that Horde players on average simply care more about their faction and the Horde vs Alliance conflict than the Alliance.

It's why every "For the Horde" at Blizzcon is louder than every "For the Alliance"

Horde players are very passionate, Alliance just want to get their WQ's done in peace.
    This is very true. I play both sides and I see it. Also in my 10 years of playing this game, I would rather be RL friends with the average alliance player than horde player as well. That faction attracts a certain brand of personality.
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2018-11-25 at 01:24 AM.
    Chronomancer Club

Yea I strongly consider dropping WM on my alliance (main) alt. I like random PvP encounters but when I can't do a single goddamn world quest without getting raped by 2-4 hordes around I really wish I had not turned it on. The sharding is just fucked up. It's 80% horde running around killing random single Alliance players.
    When I play my horde main I basically now try to not kill any Alliance just because I know the pain of being corpse camped by a guy having 30 ilvl advantage.
    S.H.