Thread: 8.1 Content

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong here but 8.1 will have a large 8 boss raid, a 2 boss raid
    You mean like Nighthold and Trial of Valor? Hence only compared differences :V

8.1 does absolutely nothing to address the big issues of this dogshit expansion. I have no reason to come back for a patch like that.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    the .1 patches have usually been small - 7.1 for example only really had the new Kara dungeon and Trial of Valor - we are getting a similar amount of new stuff to do in 8.1 and then the raid will hit end of January

my main question is will the warfront in Arathi still be a thing - cause I'm not done farming the rares yet

I just want the belf heritage armor already.. the real meat of the patch won't be available this year anyway.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    Would love an announcement that flying has been removed permanently.
    It already has, for all practical purposes. You can only fly in obsolete zones since WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    omgz guyz flying makes WoW soo much better!!!

So stupid. If flying makes you sub for longer you have serious issues with this game and might want to try a flight simulator if you like flying so much.
    game without flying is pure garbage thats all.

only reason why blizzard "listened" to no-flying idiots was because its artificially slowing you down and boosting MAU numbers,

7+ Year Old Account
    From what I saw there is nothing new except some heritage armors. They are prolonging the entire thing by nerfing leveling so people would be preoccupied by doing old content.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Yeah there is. Warmode will be a shit show. PvP call to arms will be a joke. This will kill warmode.

You think groups ganking now while you're questing is bad, just wait for flying hordes to drop from the sky. Each zone will become like Arathi rare farming, with groups flying in circles killing any one they see.

As someone who actually really enjoys warmode, flying will be the death of it.
    Warmode is already a "shitshow" and if flying makes it worst then maybe Blizzard will realize what a terrible design choice it was in the first place. Regardless, Blizz didn't turn flying off on PvP servers in the past and I don't see any reason for putting restrictions on it now.

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.

This is as good a thread as any to ask a hopefully simple clarification to the account-wide rep changes. Let's say I have 2 characters at 120. Character a is exalted with Champions, and character b is only honored with them. After 8.1 will they both be exalted?

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    This is as good a thread as any to ask a hopefully simple clarification to the account-wide rep changes. Let's say I have 2 characters at 120. Character a is exalted with Champions, and character b is only honored with them. After 8.1 will they both be exalted?
    No. The 2nd character will remain honored in the reputation pane and vendor purposes, but you'll gain the benefit of the +15 ilvls to your Heart on the 2nd character that you would gain from getting revered now.

This not-really-account-wide rep change applies to tabards (no need to have the rep to transmog a tabard on any character) and the achievement for getting 30/50/100 reps to exalted.

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    No. The 2nd character will remain honored in the reputation pane and vendor purposes, but you'll gain the benefit of the +15 ilvls to your Heart on the 2nd character that you would gain from getting revered now.

This not-really-account-wide rep change applies to tabards (no need to have the rep to transmog a tabard on any character) and the achievement for getting 30/50/100 reps to exalted.
    Ugh. Well, thanks for clarifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    Would love an announcement that flying has been removed permanently.
    Oh it was been most people don't bother doing pathfinder in BFA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    People asked for a vendor for dubloons to get the Island drops. What does Blizzard deliver? A vendor with WORSE completely different rewards with insane costs. Still no way to target Island drops. Complete RNG.

Mythic+ Azerite gear vendor is complete RNG unless you save up for EIGHT weeks. Yeah good job here Blizzard, you fuckwits.

Island Expedition changes do nothing for how boring and lacklustre they are. They are fucking randomized mob farming. SO EXCITING.

Class Fixes - I can't believe you actually listed this. The fixes are a joke. Enhancement waited 8 months for them to make numerical changes that could have been done in a hot fix. Fucking disgraceful.

Legion rehashed invasions. ROFL.

New azerite traits are dogshit. Still crap trinket proc effects.

Good content in 8.1 = raids. That's it.
    Nah all of it is amazeing thats coming in 8.1 ftw i can't wait!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdHmLONxYmI

Survival Guide is out. Yeah I think its lacking some stuff (just imo)

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Seriously, what else is there in this game? It used to be raiding only, at least there's M+ now. There was never anything else to do, why cry about it now? And what completely new feature would you like to see since there's nothing that was in the game before that is gone now?
    I dont know maybe not waiting around? This game has turned into 3 things: 1. gate 2. queue 3. dailies. M+ is just harder dungeons that essentially are more dailies. How about some micro-raids as fillers, zones that you can only get to by flying with you know, actual quest lines to complete things, and a more progressive profession system that will actually give us something to do, while more content is being developed. I mean these are simple design philosophies that seem to have been replaced by this new design trinity. 1. gate 2. queue 3. dailies.

Yeah there is. Warmode will be a shit show. PvP call to arms will be a joke. This will kill warmode.

You think groups ganking now while you're questing is bad, just wait for flying hordes to drop from the sky. Each zone will become like Arathi rare farming, with groups flying in circles killing any one they see.

As someone who actually really enjoys warmode, flying will be the death of it.
    You're focusing on a symptom, when the source of the problem is that War Mode was a bad idea from the beginning. You're worrying about flight hurting War Mode when war mode was already broken and poorly implemented to begin with.

It's funny how people ridicule me for being a fanatic about flying, but then I see people so focused with unreasonable, illogical hate for it that it makes me seem normal by comparison.

You want flying to not be a detriment to War Mode? Start by asking Blizzard to stop making zones that pretend flying doesn't exist. If the zone and content design used flying, PVP with flight would be a normal part of it, and maybe even enhanced by it.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    You're focusing on a symptom, when the source of the problem is that War Mode was a bad idea from the beginning. You're worrying about flight hurting War Mode when war mode was already broken and poorly implemented to begin with.
    Pfft Warmode is awesome, it's the only thing that makes the world feel alive and dangerous. You know what WON'T make it feel alive? Not seeing any players anymore because they're flying miles away. I always used to think warmode should disable it. Why would anyone possibly want flying in warmode zones unless they want the XP boost but with none of the dangers?

I'm actually not minding the idea of flying now since posting that. I've learnt to LOVE my net launcher. I've murdered SO many people in the Warfronts areas with the netomatic now - It's hilarious seeing them fall from the sky to just get slaughtered on the ground with what little HP they have left. Dropping people onto powerful rares so they get destroyed is hilarious too .

The skys aren't safe for you to hide in...
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2018-12-26 at 06:16 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Pfft Warmode is awesome, it's the only thing that makes the world feel alive and dangerous. You know what WON'T make it feel alive? Not seeing any players anymore because they're flying miles away. I always used to think warmode should disable it. Why would anyone possibly want flying in warmode zones unless they want the XP boost but with none of the dangers?

I'm actually not minding the idea of flying now since posting that. I've learnt to LOVE my net launcher. I've murdered SO many people in the Warfronts areas with the netomatic now - It's hilarious seeing them fall from the sky to just get slaughtered on the ground with what little HP they have left. Dropping people onto powerful rares so they get destroyed is hilarious too .

The skys aren't safe for you to hide in...
    Why did you even post if you were just going to agree that flying isn't the problem?

This is why we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Incursions = exact copy paste of Legion invasions. How original.

They were mostly used to level your alts quickly.
    The invasions in BFA so far are a bit more interesting. less sky turns dark green and some random wq and more looks like an actual invasion. The nazmir one is pretty neat with some pretty big changes to the eastern part of the zone with the alliance fleet and beach head. It was a good mechanic in legion and it looks like they polished and integrated it a bit more this go round. One kinda interesting weird thing though is about half the new "story stuff" we can get access too before the new raid comes in is locked to horde only. The whole wtf is going on with vol'jin and saurfang stuff is horde only. Jaina had her story in release bfa but that was about it and it at least at this point doesn't seem to be branching any further.