Poll: How should blizzard deal with old maps?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    I would be for something to bring back old map in the form of Cavern of time portal.
    But I guess we will have Classic for that or it's too much ressources they can afford while working on mobile game
    However, removing all old contents besides BFA maps would save the most resources since old maps are dead and pointless at this point.
    Last edited by rbigrq; 2018-11-25 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rbigrq View Post
    However, removing all old contents besides BFA maps would save the most resources since old maps are dead and pointless at this point.
    So you think old non bfa maps are pointless, but you want old zones back? make up your mind.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Do nothing. It won't make anyone like doing old stuff more. It won't bring people back to doing it more than once. It'll just be the same thing again in a few years and people will bitch and moan that it was dumb and a waste of resources whether it was or it wasn't, same as Cata.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    So you think old non bfa maps are pointless, but you want old zones back? make up your mind.
    I would accept both. Either you remove all old contents or bringing back old zones. I will shut up immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should the whole game looked as good as MoP onwards when you can just not go there?
    For leveling new characters.
    For when the create content to send us back to the older zones.
    For RP.
    For New players.

There are tons of reasons. I'm hoping next expansion is an old world remake with a phasing out of Vanilla-Cata quests. New quests in Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms. Northrend, Outland, and Cata still available, but not reccomended to players.

1-40-Vanilla continents.
    40-55-MoP, WoD, Legion. Choose 1 or 2.
    55-60-BFA
    60-70-New expansion.

The new quests in Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms arent made to fit the theme of an expansion. They are generic questing zones like in vanilla with timeless stories. These will most likely be the quests the zones have until the game dies.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Do nothing. It won't make anyone like doing old stuff more. It won't bring people back to doing it more than once. It'll just be the same thing again in a few years and people will bitch and moan that it was dumb and a waste of resources whether it was or it wasn't, same as Cata.
    But blizzard is still listening to people who want all kinds of revamp, revamp animations, revamp models, revamp maps, they don't listen to "do nothing" at all even they know it is a waste of resources.

Only Do nothing option sounds good to me - rest isn't pressing issue and it's working fine so why fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    For leveling new characters.
    For when the create content to send us back to the older zones.
    For RP.
    For New players.

There are tons of reasons. I'm hoping next expansion is an old world remake with a phasing out of Vanilla-Cata quests. New quests in Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms. Northrend, Outland, and Cata still available, but not reccomended to players.

1-40-Vanilla continents.
    40-55-MoP, WoD, Legion. Choose 1 or 2.
    55-60-BFA
    60-70-New expansion.

The new quests in Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms arent made to fit the theme of an expansion. They are generic questing zones like in vanilla with timeless stories. These will most likely be the quests the zones have until the game dies.
    I am asking how that affects you. Not how keeping old contents affects other players. Why giving new players choice is a bad thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keyur View Post
    Only Do nothing option sounds good to me - rest isn't pressing issue and it's working fine so why fix them.
    Sorry, it is de facto, a huge amount of people who want to revamp or remove old maps. Blizzard always listens to these people, not people like you. That is exactly what blizzard is doing during these years. Most people didn't want maps or model revamps in the first place and blizzard did that.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just add an NPC that blasts you back and forth between retail and classic
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

They don't have to take anything out per say but they should add some new towns and quest hubs to the empty areas. They should also come up with a way to include raids in the leveling process.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so. What you are doing is de facto only to create more gaps and hatred between classic and live communities.

I do agree maps get another wave of revamps, but this does not mean I agree to remove old contents.
    It's not old content, it's old graphics. The vanilla content was already removed via Cata and preserving it in Classic servers--as Classic players want, is better for both parties. The retail should not have to sacrifice it's quality to keep a vanilla aesthetic, when it has vanilla severs. This was half the point of why Classic servers benefits both parties. If you want live, you get live. If you want a classic experience, you go to classic servers.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    It's not old content, it's old graphics. The vanilla content was already removed via Cata and preserving it in Classic servers--as Classic players want, is better for both parties. The retail should not have to sacrifice it's quality to keep a vanilla aesthetic, when it has vanilla severs.
    Then why retail should have to sacrifice it's quality to keep a cataclysm aesthetic? No reason as well. They are old graphics as well. Even LFR is old and you should remove them as well.

I think it is a great idea to keep vanilla maps in bfa in order to make people who don't want vanilla experience while would like to see its maps not to go to vanilla community in order to destroy classic.

You should understand there are multiple groups of people who want different things in wow.
    Last edited by rbigrq; 2018-11-25 at 05:36 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Then why retail should have to sacrifice it's quality to keep a cataclysm aesthetic? No reason as well. They are old graphics as well. Even LFR is old and you should remove them as well.
    That was my point. I voted in favor of a revamp to update that cata aesthetic. Not all at once, but I think gradual updates when zones are relevant is a good first step. We can see this with Arathi, which had nice updates that preserved the aesthetic of the zone but improved the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post

"I disagree with this person, therefore they must be shitposting!"

That's you right now.
    Did you even look at the bullshit options on this poll? "Remove all maps besides Kul Tiras and Zandalar"? "Revamp character models again"? Anyone who took this seriously made a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    That was my point. I voted in favor of a revamp to update that cata aesthetic. Not all at once, but I think gradual updates when zones are relevant is a good first step. We can see this with Arathi, which had nice updates that preserved the aesthetic of the zone but improved the quality.
    1. Gradual update? Why does this better than just removing all contents besides BFA contents?
    2. Even these "gradual update" zones allow you to teleport back to what was back then. Why are vanilla zones not allowed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Did you even look at the bullshit options on this poll? "Remove all maps besides Kul Tiras and Zandalar"?
    "Revamp character models again"? Anyone who took this seriously made a mistake.

I am providing choices for different groups of people. Different people want different kinds of things and those options are all what I've seen on the forums before. They are not wrong as well.

Sounds like a lot of work for something that will probably never be used by my guild or me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    Sounds like a lot of work for something that will probably never be used by my guild or me.
    Yeah, all contents before BFA will probably never be used by my guild and me, so they should be removed.

Yeah, all contents before BFA will probably never be used by my guild and me, so they should be removed.
    Why put the effort in removing it? Why not leave it be.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    Why put the effort in removing it? Why not leave it be.
    Same questions with pre-cata zones. "Why not leave it be"

You can't persuade me since your logic is wrong.

5+ Year Old Account
    1. Gradual update? Why does this better than just removing all contents besides BFA contents?
    2. Even these "gradual update" zones allow you to teleport back to what was back then. Why are vanilla zones not allowed?
    1) I'm not sure if just removing everything will fix the problems or just create many more. A gradual update also lets Blizzard not allocate as many resources (workers/hours) to zone updates. To change the world like in cata took a lot of work. Gradual would be more manageable for the team and allow them to recieve feedback better to improve their work.
    2) It's not that I think the vanilla zones aren't allowed, it's just that Blizzard already replaced them. They can be brought back in Classic servers to their full glory, while cata zones can be altered as the company needs them to be.