Page 1 of 2
LastLast

thinking about coming back

thinking about coming back. player since vanilla. really enjoyed legion. Scaled back and quit when I hit 120 because it didn't seem fun. are things getting better? is now a good time to come back?

Come back when 8.1 hits. Or better yet, when 8.2 hits. There'll be plenty of content to keep you busy

..if Blizz doesn't scrap anything.

Wait til 8.1 if you already have a 120 imo.

Here's the working 8.1 release calendar so far
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=288840/...lease-calendar
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemuron View Post
    thinking about coming back. player since vanilla. really enjoyed legion. Scaled back and quit when I hit 120 because it didn't seem fun. are things getting better? is now a good time to come back?
    Just no, game is in terrible state right now, content is poor, no storyline, nothing really to experience.

Go play some other game and come back in two patches where they will hopefully get some shit together. Legion was fun storywise at least, this.... Is just no-no
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Wait a few weeks until 8.1.

Better to wait for 8.1.5 at least. But 8.2 would probably be your best bet.

8.1 is a bandaid on a bullet wound. Later patches will address more of the real problems.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-11-25 at 12:38 PM.

Well, now is a good time to come back if you want to level alts, or farm rep for pathfinder part 1, due to the 14'th aniversary and its +14% to exp and rep. I've leveled 3 alts from 111 to 120 this weekend, while watching netflix series and just playing semi casualy.

But if you don't care about alts, and already got revered with the factions, there isn't that much to do now that can't really wait untill 8.1

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    No idea who you are - casual raider, mythic raider, pvper, completionist, etc. No idea why Legion was fun for you and BfA not - it may be your class, theme of expansion, reward structure.

You see why these kind of threads are pointless? All you see in answers will be: "yes, come back" from people that enjoy game and "no it's shit" from people that complain 24/7 since they joined the forum.

But I'll try. First stage of 8.1 (12. December to likely end of January) will have new storylines (likely gated week by week), Warfront, 2 isles, incursions (Legion invasions, but focused on smaller area with separate world quests for Horde and Alliance, so it will be great place for War Mode) and reward structure will shift a bit from RNG to grind. Some specs will be changed, but don't expect huge revamps. Old levelling will be around 30% faster and faction with less players in War Mode on top of that get 30% bonus instead of 10%. New raid and seasons 2 of M+/PVP will come somewhere in January. Think about it what you want.

You will find ton of info on MMOChamp/WoWhead/youtube.

Deleted
    Wait until 8.1.5 imo.

Just looked over the 8.1 changes and there isn't really anything drastic, it's the same game that you left with a few changes. They're trying to address the gaping wounds rather than add new content. If you didn't enjoy BFA then 8.1 won't really do much to change that.

Might wanna wait until 9.0.5 (Or what ever the patch for next expansion launch will be)

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't bother. 8.1 is doing some band aid fixes to azerite which is not even available at first day. Don't waste your time , wait until 8.3 or something...
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Eh. If you quit right after 120, you have time, if you get in now, to gear up in preparation for 8.1 and it's raid(s). (and get those Azerite levels up, because higher itemlevel Azerite armor requires like flippin' level 27 to unlock everything). Catch-up systems are in place, so waiting until december is doable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Solkazo View Post
    Wait until 8.1.5 imo.

Just looked over the 8.1 changes and there isn't really anything drastic, it's the same game that you left with a few changes. They're trying to address the gaping wounds rather than add new content. If you didn't enjoy BFA then 8.1 won't really do much to change that.
    Hey now. The Xal'atath and Crucible story stuff looks neat.

yea, save your $. i only came back due to friends begging me and my ultimatum that ill be playing more casually (wont raid more than 2x etc). Regret it wholly. Leaving soon. you know how it is ;p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Eh. If you quit right after 120, you have time, if you get in now, to gear up in preparation for 8.1 and it's raid(s). (and get those Azerite levels up, because higher itemlevel Azerite armor requires like flippin' level 27 to unlock everything). Catch-up systems are in place, so waiting until december is doable.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey now. The Xal'atath and Crucible story stuff looks neat.
    The story progression is always good as I am heavily invested in WoW lore, but you can read that online. The classes still feel like trash and slow, the progress system is still fundamentally broken and you're still doing daily quests for weeks on end.

I echo others, unless there's something you absolutely want to do now, I think it's better to wait until 8.1 or 8.1.5.
    Waiting until 8.2 might set you back too much, not sure. If you want to raid, maybe come back some time before Dazar'alor opens to gear up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemuron View Post
    There is nothing new so far and the next patch looks pretty lackluster.

No point to return at this point.When 8.1 is here then subscribe.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Deleted
    I honestly wouldnt bother, 8.1 isnt really adding in anything spectacular its mainly just damage control.
    There are much better games to spend your money and time on right now.

Unless your planning to raid i would wait till maybe 8.2 or a future patch.

Deleted
    I'm also playing since vanilla and this week I just had enough.WoW has changed way to much and not really in a good way.You are better off taking your money elsewhere.Sub number are dropping...scaling is bad,no flying,allied races are way to late and some are locked behind old expansion...Game had way to much problems at start and instead of getting content we were getting fixes.This doesn't feel like an expansion more of a messy patch.

I played all blizzard games and they are my favorite games but think the ship has a big hole and it will sink soon if they don't do something like give wow for free and just keep monthly fee.With content being slow and unfun people won't stick around.Not to mention this whole m+ bs that is going on with raider.io.People getting declined for keys they already done but its not registered on the site.Even if you try to do your key people leave after they see the score....just find another game would be my advice.
    Last edited by mmocc3388425cb; 2018-11-25 at 04:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Wait til 8.1 if you already have a 120 imo.

Here's the working 8.1 release calendar so far
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=288840/...lease-calendar
    8.1 Doesnt really add anything to the game. It is just small fix to broken systems nothing els. I would wait for last patch. You will be able to catch up with others in 1-2 max weeks anyway. Right know it really isnt worth putiting any work into the game. As everything what takes months to do you will be able to finish in few days in 8.3.