Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by makoi6 View Post
    wintergrasp - failure
    Why are you trying to rewrite history?
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

10+ Year Old Account
    Wintergrasp was fun. even the underdog faction could win it with Tenacity.

Maybe that's what Blizzard needs to do is give losing faction Tenacity
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    At what point do we just admit World PvP is unwanted, and would die a quick death if there were no War Mode bonuses, as it should be? What will they do if 30% isn't enough? 50%? 100%? Do we just keep going until everyone just enables the damn thing for no reason but getting a fat bonus? Why should there even be a compensation for "losing time" in PvP skirmishes, isn't that the entire point of old PvP servers, which enabling War Mode is meant to replace?

This whole opt in/opt out system is great, but I also love how it is exposing just how much World PvP is unwanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So... just scrap it? Disregarding the fact it counts as a "rework of the system", you do realize that "scrapping it" would mean no PvP at all aside from BGs and Arenas until the next expansion, right?
    Yes...
    World PvP is not a thing. It hasn't been since another option was first introduced into the game.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    No one is ever going to faction change for the 30% bonus.
    Not even if it were 300% more.
    Not talking about faction change, just toggling mercenary mode.
    Kupo.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    The only way they will get 120s to enable WarMode is to let the % increase apply to reps......and you know they won't do that.
    This^^ but a little more, Give me 50-100% reputation increase with every faction and i will play ally asap!!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Why are you trying to rewrite history?
    You mean the game mode where people would 2 shot you thanks to tenacity runing any sort of balance?

Or the game mode on big servers where factions would literally trade wins for access to weekly bosses/quests?

To be fair to you it was probably the best and most successful of there attempts, but lets be real, if there hadnt been massive rewards tied to it no one would have played it past first week.
    After the disaster of attempting to push wpvp in tbc, they realised the only way to make wpvp was to basically make it mandatory.
    Last edited by mmocb7e0cd2af6; 2018-11-25 at 03:46 PM.

This is a good solution OP.Buffing the rewards is one way another way is to buff the stats like GW2 is doing for WvW https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Outnumbered
    Buffing the lower faction in a way is needed so they are willing to turn on war mode.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    And how you wanna do group quests like Worldf bosses or hard elites (not everyone can solo them)?
    things REQUIRING a group, those things not including griefing other players in groups too large to deal with, are simply sharded to group only shards.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to remove the buff, or make it high enough to make up for everything taking 10x longer as Alliance. There's no way to boost the Alliance population fast enough to match the Horde, so they need to just remove the buff which will remove anyone who's not in Warmode to actually pvp, which is probably most of them at this point. Alliance who want to pvp come back, and problem (potentially) solved. At this point I'd venture to say most Horde use warmode because it's a free buff, not to PVP, and this shouldn't be a thing. You should go into Warmode to pvp and no other reason, that's what it's for. PVP servers never got a buff, let alone one that's only viable to one faction.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2018-11-25 at 04:04 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankminimia View Post
    i love how with the warmode haters in warmode you are just camped by an enemy raid 24/7 apparently
    If you are ally, chances are that it will happen a lot of times. I actually feel sorry for them at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    There's a lot more Horde then Alliance. I main Alliance but enjoy my Horde DH I see a WM Alliance get wrecked by 5 horde at once and ask them wtf that's not even close to a fair fight where's fun in that? The response was that's what makes it fun just destroying someone...beta male mindset... if you want PVP action go ALLIANCE

What they want: Alliance play warmode. Will probably never happen.

What probably might happen: People are nearly completing all world quests outside warmode (kill 7 out of 8), then change into it and gain the increaded reward. That's the most realistic outcome.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, that will silence the "Blizzard's Horde Bias" meme, hopefully.

Too bad the devs are too chicken to remove all rewards from Warmode and admit a failure (one of many) on their choice.

Having Warmode just for the occasional PvP between factions would have been enough. The reward bait was swallowed by the shark. No fish for Blizz. And a bigger bait for Alliance players is only gonna end up worse.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by flowa View Post
    What's funny is how mad you are
    Wasn't actually mad, but if I was, it's still a problem. Thing is, for me it isn't anything to be mad about, cause I don't actually participate anymore. It's not worth the hassle, and if you wanna pvp, I'd rather do that in arena. Most of us just want the boring WQ's done.

Warmode COULD make the world a little more "scarier" and brutal. I've always played on pvp realm before, and with WM it's just gone. Sure there was realms where horde/alliance ratio was fucked, but there was also realms where it was healthy. Got none of that with WM (except maybe on RP realms, which have their own shards).

But go ahead, keep telling yourself we're just angry and to git gud. But that's not the problem.

As an alliance, that'll be enough to get my non-rogues to turn it on.

As a horde, thank goodness, I was out of alliance to kill.

good change.

Deleted
    Remove war mode and delete the concept of world PvP. It was never a good idea to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    There is a massive problem of Alliance not flagging for PvP as is, without the bonuses there is even less of an incentive and therefore will just make this issue worse.

No rewards for the Alliance isn't working and you don't want people to join PvP without being interested in just the fight not the reward. That's just not an option without hearing complaints from the Horde that they have no one to fight.

So at the end of the day, what would you like to see happen here knowing full well that "just suck it up and fight" isn't a real solution?
    Well, you're not wrong but it should be solved in a PvP way. Not how it is done now. If you want to PvP then you'd do it. I don't have any numbers but I just think that the faction imbalance in warmode is exaggerated, a bit. I do think there's a imbalance but not as large as people think it is. I might be very wrong though.

Warmod is just like a normal server where one faction start to become the majority. It's the same problem all over again. And I don't think rewards for doing WQ etc is the way to go, it'll just drag people not really into PvP into warmode where they get smashed and have a negative experience. Where they still feel the need to have warmode on despite the experience just for the reward. It just promotes negativity. I want warmode to be something a PvPer want to enjoy. Give us reasons to PvP instead of doing PvE.

I guess you get my point anyway

An "imbalance buff" for each opposing faction player you're in combat with and a buff to honor/conquest gains for killing other players, scaling the same way as the "imbalance buff" but down so that you gain less from grouping. Something like that.
    Last edited by Zephire; 2018-11-25 at 06:24 PM.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkirth View Post
    They should remove the bonus altogether for both factions so that warmode will be for those that want to pvp. As it is right now it's pretty much a passive faction racial for horde and most Alliance wouldn't even bother turning it on with a 100% bonus, 30% is not going to help.
    With 100% I would endure dying while levelling from 110-120.
    30% will be used below 110. Also, the buff does not work in dungeons or island expedition so no reason to have it on.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    I dont think this will fix it. I like the idea of equel and fair world pvp. but as an alliance player even 30 % more rewards dont make me fucking bother useing warmode. oh nice, I get 30 % more azerite power, cus 30% more of 0.05% of a bar is awesome, but i still get ganked 10 times in 20 min...