Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    I dont think guilds which want resumes and applications are very enjoyable.

There is voice chat for a reason. And its not about a job, but about playing together.
    Shut up you filthy casual.
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    So if you do anything challenging you must be unhappy with life? Think we need to feel sad and deep pity for you if thats what you think rofl
    Doing challenging things isn't serious business. It's the people that take it so seriously that they get frustrated, annoyed, and angry that have a problem. I prefer to stay calm and have fun with the challenging things I do. If someone else is ruining that for me, then I have less than zero time for them and I move on and away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    This wasn't supposed to be a thread about this, but I will respond anyway - The amount of effort you're willing to put into your application indicates the amount of effort you're putting into the game and finding a community for yourself. If you do it correctly - an app written in under 20 minutes can yield you years worth of friendship and gaming. No guild wants to invite someone without knowing some information prior to inviting you even for a voice chat.

So yeah, it KINDA is like a job, but takes like 20x less effort to get into a guild than it is to land a decent job.
    Applying for an opportunity to play a game is the reductio ad absurdum of hardcore elitism.

Voice chat interview + tryout run on farm bosses

- - - Updated - - -

people's general perception of gaming is that they log in whenever they want, do whatever they want however they want it and don't want to be judged or evaluated by other people.

Yes, exactly. There's words for that, btw.

Relaxing, and fun.
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

That one at least has some semblance and trying to fill the thing out. I've seen ones that just say "I dont do applications just interview me"

The app justifies the interview in most cases but the majority of the prescreen is a look at past logs and current gear set. Does the person do good numbers for their gear, do they put in effort to improve (ie run Mythic +) and such

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Our guild has one. A Google doc that gets posted as a link in a chat channel on discord once someone fills it out. Get with the times.
    No need to, we are just messing around waiting on Classic atm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    Applying for an opportunity to play a game is the reductio ad absurdum of hardcore elitism.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, exactly. There's words for that, btw.

Relaxing, and fun.
    I'm sure you're having fun in the game.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

So, as the title says. Post the worst guild applications you personally saw made, abiding by the forum rules (no naming and shaming, doxxing etc).

This is mine as of recently:

https://imgur.com/a/Abh9YUM
    That wasn't half bad tbh. I've seen worse, sadly I don't have anyone saved What you linked is a valid application, just a bit sparse on information and over all not very good. I've seen those who think social status IRL have a baring on their application so they basically just post IRL stuff instead of what they've done in game. Then there are those who simply doesn't have remotely any experience "most difficult thing you have killed: I cleared Stratholme UD part once" -> wanting to join a nax guild back in vanilla
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

There is really no need for applications if your guild isnt hardcore progressing (top 10). My guild always stays in the top 50 and never has done written applications. The officers just scout for good people in other guilds and add them on battlenet or people add them and they get invited to voice.

People who legit do written applications for rank 700 guilds must be really desperate lmao.

This wasn't supposed to be a thread about this, but I will respond anyway - The amount of effort you're willing to put into your application indicates the amount of effort you're putting into the game and finding a community for yourself. If you do it correctly - an app written in under 20 minutes can yield you years worth of friendship and gaming. No guild wants to invite someone without knowing some information prior to inviting you even for a voice chat.

So yeah, it KINDA is like a job, but takes like 20x less effort to get into a guild than it is to land a decent job.
    Eh, my guild ninja invited me out of the blue. Heck, might not of ever went back into raiding had they hadn't and invited everyone on a run to remind of the fun. Heck, most fun Ive had in a guild too.

Its a video game, not a job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    There is really no need for applications if your guild isnt hardcore progressing (top 10). My guild always stays in the top 50 and never has done written applications. The officers just scout for good people in other guilds and add them on battlenet or people add them and they get invited to voice.

People who legit do written applications for rank 700 guilds must be really desperate lmao.
    I'm sure you are in a Hall of Fame guild.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post

Where is the difference? Whether you're filling out a form before having a recruitment interview or not you're still "applying to play" a game either way.

well yeah stop reading after ‘turkish’

I've never found this to be the case. A lot of people that will type out an application are also the type that never provide mats for guild feasts, cauldrons, and such. I always farmed my part of the mats for those, always had my own pots, sometimes extra, and I hated the application forms you had to fill out for some of these guilds. I wouldn't consider anything I've done since Archimonde to be decent but even back then the application almost never reflected how much that raider contributed.

I remember filling out my first app for a guild. I just deleted the question asking about logs.

Yeah being in the top 50 and playing horde usually means its in Blizzards "Hall of Fame" . Could we do better if we used written applictions? Who knows! So far the quality of people we get without it is enough for the goal.

I've raided in top 20 and competed for WF from 2015 until I quit late last year. Haven't really written an application since early Cata, 2011.

Guilds still have application sheets?!

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    I'd say top 10 probably doesn't need written applications either since the recruitment pool is pretty small anyway.

To be honest, people say that written applications are used to filter people who don't want to spend some time/effort on it but in guilds like OP's, all they do is cover up the fact that their recruitment officers either aren't good enough to separate good logs from bad logs or don't want to spend time themselves. It was surprising to me when I first realized that better guilds usually take a more active approach in finding new people while worse guilds get into that "They should prove themselves to us" mentality.

Macconnel from Asmongold`s stream
    The imbecile actually thinks he musn`t put any effort in cause he is "famous" - actual quote