Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    And the world, as well as the game, keeps on spinning.

No, most people are NOT dumb enough to continue paying for something that they do not enjoy. That honor goes directly to his ilk, as well as the most zealous forum-whiners.

Assmongold doesn't even partake in large swats of content that's on offer. He's a dirty kid in a toy store where he refuses to visit all but the first aisle.

Doesn't help matters that a lot of the people seemingly agreeing with him, are still here, still paying regularly for the game, still playing despite some having spent the past 8 years (!) lamenting how the game "just isn't fun anymore hurr!"...
    I mean if you think for a second you’ll realize you don’t actually have to pay money for the game. Gold is so incredibly easy to come by that it’s very reasonable to use gold to pay with tokens, so the only thing you’re paying with is your time. Yes, someone else pays for the token but that’s not you, you just pay the player. Tokens are super cheap now too.

Regardless, complaining about the game doesn’t mean you need to quit. That’s a dumb thought process. I honestly think BfA is hot garbage, I loved legion, quit during WoD and loved everything before it mostly. I’m really not a hard player to please, good raids and good class design is what’ll make me happy. I can play the entire game including islands and warfronts while enjoying it if my spec is fun to play.

To me it’s blatantly obvious most classes including my own (Paladin) are just versions of legion class design with Artifacts, legendaries and tier sets stripped away. This makes the entirety of the game boring for me and honestly if I wasn’t using gold to play and didn’t have the raid team I do now I’d have quit. The content that came with BfA is horrible imo and the rest is basically leftovers from legion either worse or the exact same.

Not only that but even leveling was bad. The alliance zones were fantastic but leveling from 110-116 without gaining anything and then losing legendaries felt terrible. It was a very noticeable nerf especially if you were using speed legendaries. Then we went another 4 levels without gaining anything again. First expansion where we’ve actually lost more than we’ve gained (lost: tier sets and legendaries, gained: nothing).

However, even though I dislike this expansion, I love my raid team and the progress we’ve made (world 1k to 500 to 300) makes me happy which is why I play. So yes I dislike this expansion and hope that they actually make class design a focal point again especially now that we have these janky artifact systems in the game however I don’t want to stop raiding with my current team and I pay with gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Why would I care about what he wants? The majority of players at large would appreciate drip fed content that is easier for them to make then NOTHING at all for 4 months.
    Agreed.

It's also quite a slap to know that the new raid won't be coming for several weeks still beyond 8.1 hitting.
    But then again, I suppose Blizzard's got access to the data and if what they saw reflected the sky-is-falling-narrative in terms of player engagement, they'd just throw everything at us...

Oh well, Banished and RDR2 it is (aside from raids and some collecting).

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Based on his September sub count (14390 as per here https://twitchtracker.com/asmongold/subscribers) he would have taken home 36k that month. That's just in sub money, not including donations.
    Which is still less than Sodapoppin(not all that much surprisingly), and it's well known he makes just under a mill.So, again he's not worth millions, but def hundreds of thousands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Agreed.

It's also quite a slap to know that the new raid won't be coming for several weeks still beyond 8.1 hitting.
    But then again, I suppose Blizzard's got access to the data and if what they saw reflected the sky-is-falling-narrative in terms of player engagement, they'd just throw everything at us...

Oh well, Banished and RDR2 it is (aside from raids and some collecting).
    I would actually like if it came out in feb since we're still working on mythrax so it would be nice if, for those of us switching mains to finalize our roster for bfd, we could do another couple of clears.

If you don't care about aesthetic rewards, then why is it an issue that "everyone looks the same, there's no unique looking gear anymore"...?
    I'm not sure we've ever been playing the same game though, since it always suffered from a bad case of "same-ness" once enough players got to certain levels of play. At least since the end of Cata, transmog makes sure people can look different, hence why the "no uniqueness" doesn't compute... And now, there's even special looking gear for the highest difficulties to further set those players apart from the others.

It's sad if your friends quit and that's making you not want to play though. Then again, there's always people wanting to play, and they need others to get somewhere worthwile same as always, so potential new friends are always present.
    It's what my guildmates say before they quit. I'm acknowledging that the vast majority of people like things i don't care for. I like the struggle and challenge of a team accomplishing things. Also... complete uniqueness in a game and in real life is already impossible, don't nitpick details because you'll never achieve a game that has that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestuff1992 View Post
    *snip* (but I read it all)

Regardless, complaining about the game doesn’t mean you need to quit. .
    I agree with you on several accounts, and I think the above spared line needs addressing.

I've never said that complaining about the game has to mean that someone should quit, no sir. I complain myself, sometimes a lot, but as long as the overall is positive enough, I stay playing. I imagine this holds true for a lot of people. It's possible for most to have gripes without harnessing hatred.
    My gripe is with the crowd that's complaining year in, year out, seemingly about the same things, never enjoying the game, always forcing their views down the throats of others about this game that's apparently been shit since X point in time... THEY could have the self-control to quit and do other things, but they just don't. And their hyperbole is detrimental, not helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

I would actually like if it came out in feb since we're still working on mythrax so it would be nice if, for those of us switching mains to finalize our roster for bfd, we could do another couple of clears.
    Well, there you go. I'm guessing their decision to release raids is based on actual data, rather than my own feels so I'm glad if you indeed get those extra clears.

But boy, do I look forward to a new raid...

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    BFA just has no target audience. Nothing really satisfying or new for high-end players to enjoy, and not enough content outside of raiding for casuals to enjoy, as WQs/IEs/Warfronts are either not nearly rewarding enough or have very low replay ability. BFA is like a bad mix of Legion and WoD.
    BFA feels like a worse version of of legion in almost every respect. Other expansions you always had goals to work towards and could see progress toward them. With BFA you pray to RNGesus to give you a 380 titanforge with a socket for doing m0. And outside that you have no real control over loot, say targeting a specific piece of azerite armor from a dungeon thats over 340 ilvl. I know we're getting that with 8.1 but it seems like too little too late. I've been playing since vanilla and never have I felt like I've played such an incomplete and rushed game this early into an expansion cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    He won't stop streaming wow, because otherwise he will have to leave his mothers basement and get a real job. Can't have that.
    he's made enough from the past year(300k after taxes MINIMUM) to buy a nice house for himself and do nothing but play video games all day, so at this point he could lose 90% of his viewers and still make enough to chill in his nice house and stream whatever he wants. the truth that you clearly won't want to hear is that most people watch him for his personality, so he would never lose any more than 25% of what he currently has unless he just sits there trying to be boring. that also doesn't account for gaming and streaming which are both still growing... soooo you're... dumb.

I don't think WQ were better in Legion. I think they are about the same. The problem is that playing your character is now shallow and not very fun or engaging. They intended to streamline the classes but instead of dumbed them down. Everything is overly simplified and too casual friendly. Nothing wrong with being casual friendly, but it has gone too far and removed depth and character identity. Rewards aren't rewarding and RNG is way too high and chaotic for anyone to set any sort of personal goal for themselves. Outside of mythic there isn't any challenge and even on mythic several of the dungeons have very poor flow and pacing. Warfronts and expeditions are too shallow and easy and they feel like a grind after you do them more than once.

I don't feel like the developers have any trust or faith in player abilities and are so scared of someone not having fun that they have put everything and everyone into boxes.The RNG of loot drops use to be ok, but now the numbers are out of control and loot rewards now feel more like loot boxes. Gotta hook those gambling addicts in with more random chance rewards from our slot machine dungeons.

I don't care about cosmetic rewards and I no longer care about stat rewards. Which only highlights more to me what it is I truly miss. I miss my guild on my server. I miss the community. I miss my guild having a place in the community of my server. I miss knowing people and having a list full of other players who I had grouped with in the past that I would occasionally team up with again and again. I miss this dude named Chanman who ninja'd the Onyxia mount and got black listed by everyone and everyone knew his name and didn't like him. The real reason I am waiting on classic now isn't because I think it will be a better game mechanically, but because it will give the game a soul again. I just wish I didn't have to leave everything I have behind to get that back.

My ideal situation would be for Classic and BfA to both be worth playing, but...

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Based on his September sub count (14390 as per here https://twitchtracker.com/asmongold/subscribers) he would have taken home 36k that month. That's just in sub money, not including donations.
    And even with your math he's not making millions.....

Why would I do anything for his country when I don't live in it? I will give you credit at least: Your post was at least somewhat amusing, if not idiotic.
    Doesn't matter where you live, you pay taxes which allows government to invest in technology, education and to provide goods and services for the country.

He makes heaps more money than you dream of (can only guess but a salty reply like that, you are probably average wage at best) and pays more taxes because of it, thus doing much more than you for society.

Not bad for not a real job.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you on several accounts, and I think the above spared line needs addressing.

I've never said that complaining about the game has to mean that someone should quit, no sir. I complain myself, sometimes a lot, but as long as the overall is positive enough, I stay playing. I imagine this holds true for a lot of people. It's possible for most to have gripes without harnessing hatred.
    My gripe is with the crowd that's complaining year in, year out, seemingly about the same things, never enjoying the game, always forcing their views down the throats of others about this game that's apparently been shit since X point in time... THEY could have the self-control to quit and do other things, but they just don't. And their hyperbole is detrimental, not helpful.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, there you go. I'm guessing their decision to release raids is based on actual data, rather than my own feels so I'm glad if you indeed get those extra clears.

But boy, do I look forward to a new raid...
    If they released the raid in 2 weeks, ghuun would have been one of the least killed bosses of all time, even less than kj https://www.wowprogress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Netherius View Post
    And even with your math he's not making millions.....
    I never said he was making millions. I'm replying to the guy who doubted he made hundreds of thousands.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    Doesn't matter where you live, you pay taxes which allows government to invest in technology, education and to provide goods and services for the country.

He makes heaps more money than you dream of (can only guess but a salty reply like that, you are probably average wage at best) and pays more taxes because of it, thus doing much more than you for society.

Not bad for not a real job.
    A society that I don't live in. Hilariously poor attempt at a comeback there fam.

Did I upset you by insulting your unwashed god? Pity.
    Last edited by Doomchicken; 2018-11-26 at 02:20 AM.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

If they released the raid in 2 weeks, ghuun would have been one of the least killed bosses of all time, even less than kj https://www.wowprogress.com/
    that could also reflect on participation rates. Which is also a good indicator of the game not holding it's retention rate anymore. Could be a vast majority of people actually do agree somewhat with him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylamoo View Post
    that could also reflect on participation rates. Which is also a good indicator of the game not holding it's retention rate anymore. Could be a vast majority of people actually do agree somewhat with him.
    I would argue uldir is the only thing that is actually holding people right now. Me included.

A society that I don't live in. Hilariously poor attempt at a comeback there fam.

Did I upset you by insulting your unwashed god? Pity.
    Way to dodge my point because you lost

Quote Originally Posted by Dylamoo View Post
    The only official word on it was that no, subs are not hemorrhaging despite randoms parroting that sentiment.

It could also be that G'huun is a pretty tough boss to kill. And let's face it, the raid hasn't been out as long as some of us feel that it has. Not that the raider playerbase was ever a majority to begin with in any case...

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    Way to dodge my point because you lost
    Need a point to have one to dodge. Your lame attempts at derailing this thread further is getting a bit tiresome now, so it would be wise for you to stop before you get yourself into trouble. Thanks.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

I find it absolutely hillarious that people are talking about the Legendaries from Legion as a system missing in BFA. It is a system that almost nobody liked if you look at the opinions of a lot of streamers, not just one.