Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Except I don't, and I don't care if Blizzard does, either. I don't play their games because they listen to chumps on social media, I play them for my own entertainment, and I don't need to know every jack off's opinion on social media to know whether I enjoy a video game or not, whether they have 0 followers or 25k followers.
    Yeah, you don't care so much that you've replied to a thread you could have ignored at least 3 times now.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    I find it absolutely hillarious that people are talking about the Legendaries from Legion as a system missing in BFA. It is a system that almost nobody liked if you look at the opinions of a lot of streamers, not just one.
    I’m not sure if someone addressed you yet but this is wrong. People hated the way you -got- the legendaries however once you got a good one you felt it. It was super nice and very noticeable depending on the class.

Don’t know anyone that liked the acquisition method. It was hot garbage, but legendaries did make the classes feel better that’s undeniable. I can give you multiple examples from my spec alone how legendaries changed gameplay or added to it in a way and even changed based on tier.

I complained about legendaries forever so I was around a lot of people that felt the same way however the complaints were never aimed at the actual legendaries (aside from very specific niche problems with certain specs) just the way you got them.

The main point is, legendaries once all is said and done contributed to your spec. They influenced gameplay whether it was in a small niche way or a large way. This, along with tier sets and artifact weapons made classes fun rather than bland and boring. What you see for most classes right now is literally legion class design without those 3 class systems and yes, legendaries count whether you love them or not.

Its not like bringing up legendaries means you liked everything about them. If they were to come back in legion format again I’d want wakening essence (the shit you collected from raids) to be in the game immediately so we can target the ones we want. That’s literally all they needed to do for legendaries to be a beloved system from legion imo.
    Last edited by Thestuff1992; 2018-11-26 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Yeah, you don't care so much that you've replied to a thread you could have ignored at least 3 times now.
    It's still a discussion forum, I didn't click the link and go to Twitch or whatever, did I? Just continuing to make a point in the thread in a discussion I chose to partake in. I still don't know who he is and I'm still not going to go on Twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    If you look, more guilds have killed bosses in uldir than antorus so participation is up.
    Actually you want to compare the first tier of legion with the first tier of bfa, because the current trend is that the longer an expac exists, the more participation falls. So the correct comparison is uldir to emerald nightmare.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    I actually kind of liked the garrison and really enjoyed Ashran. Those two things alone make WoD better than BfA.
    I didn't love the garrison, however I did love all the free gold. I also enjoyed Ashran quite a lot, especially in the early weeks when it was people from my own server. I would love to be able to do it again, if only to finish my last few slayer quests... goblins and pandas still escaped me.

And classes weren't completely garbage in WoD, either. They'd been pruned, but I still enjoyed playing all of my alts at that time.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    He makes heaps more money than you dream of (can only guess but a salty reply like that, you are probably average wage at best) and pays more taxes because of it, thus doing much more than you for society.

Not bad for not a real job.
    I don't know. All he does is make videos about some video games that he apparent hates. And people throw money at him for it. Sure he pays taxes on those money he receives. But those same money thrown in another direction would also be taxed and eventually ends in some government.

Anyway. if he is making that much money just being negative about a game, I do not blame him for continue to do so.

Personally, I would prefer to subs to some one that talks more about the product and less their rant about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Content release cycle literally killed the fucking game. Tired of people crying about a bunch of bullshit from assmongler when the fact stands: releasing tons of content LIKE LEGION did: is the only fucking way to keep everyone involved. Blizz tripled the release schedule they had in Leg, and literally have done nothing since the release of bfa August 14th.. the next patch isn’t even due until December 11th making it 4 months before even a PATCH hit... the raid won’t even be out until January 15th, and that means 5 months between the launch to a new raid.. Leg had a new raid barely 9 weeks after LAUNCH.. yet here we are looking at LEAST 5 months. Shits fucking bad and nobody even gets it

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Content release cycle literally killed the fucking game. Tired of people crying about a bunch of bullshit from assmongler when the fact stands: releasing tons of content LIKE LEGION did: is the only fucking way to keep everyone involved. Blizz tripled the release schedule they had in Leg, and literally have done nothing since the release of bfa August 14th.. the next patch isn’t even due until December 11th making it 4 months before even a PATCH hit... the raid won’t even be out until January 15th, and that means 5 months between the launch to a new raid.. Leg had a new raid barely 9 weeks after LAUNCH.. yet here we are looking at LEAST 5 months. Shits fucking bad and nobody even gets it
    The problem is they poured a ton more effort into Legion than WoD and subs still were flat to down. That tells them more content isn't the answer. So, its not surprising they stopped. There was little to no return on investment. I think the devs are lost and probably want to push out WoW Classic to see if that sparks a sub boost, and if so they will try to figure out why.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    He should branch out to other games. He's a funny guy. It doesn't matter if he's playing WoW or not.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    BFA is the worst xpac I've ever played. Even wod was better. Classes were destroyed 3 xpacs in a row and people are bored out of their minds.
    You are one of the people that understand why people are dropping BFA.

Content is irrelevant, as long as the vehicle I ride in is enjoyable and fun, then I could careless how crappy the content is rolled out.

Class design is absolutely trash. We lose:

-Artifact Weapon traits
    -Legiondaries
    -Abilities rolled into talents
    -Set bonuses
    -Artifact weapon traits, legiondaries also rolled into talents

Gain:
    -Azerite Armor

So technically for every 6 things we lose, we gain 1 thing which is.... not good.

PEOPLE ARE QUITTING BFA BECAUSE CLASS DESIGN IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS LEGION, BUT WORSE AND PRUNED.

I emphasize the last sentence because this is the reason Asmongold is quitting.

It has virtually NOTHING to do with playing for 14 years straight. I've played wow since BC and by god I have enjoyed every single bit of it, never once was I ever tempted to unsubscribe, even in legion. It's not a coincidence that people, including myself, are quitting wow because of sheer boredom. It's because blizzard has stopped caring for their consumers and paid little to no attention to class design. There is nothing to enjoy this expansion because of azerite armor, and mainly class design being a 0/10 rating.

Fun fact, we haven't gotten a single new spell or talent since WOD.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2018-11-26 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The problem is they poured a ton more effort into Legion than WoD and subs still were flat to down. That tells them more content isn't the answer. So, its not surprising they stopped. There was little to no return on investment. I think the devs are lost and probably want to push out WoW Classic to see if that sparks a sub boost, and if so they will try to figure out why.
    Obviously this is speculation on both our parts, but more than willing to wager subs shot back up to 10 mill on Legion release, which is really impressive given they were down to almost 3 mill by the end of WoD, and stayed fairly consistent until 7.2. At that point I can totally see subs taking a nose dive, 7.2 was garbage.

So after playing 80 hours a week for 3 months and denying himself the actual endgame content Asmongold is bored with the game. That's almost as shocking as his conclusion that people who haven't watched another wow stream in 7 days aren't playing wow.

i think i have 2 hours of play time in BFA

maybe 3

im still waiting on Zandalari and flying

flying makes the game bearable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazinger-Z View Post
    I do not enjoy playing my character.

I don't think I'm ever going to stop streaming WoW, but I do think that I'll start streaming other games too.
    While I truly do not know this individual (I gather it's one of those oh-so-popular YT streamers), I'd say that this is a pretty clear sign of being held hostage by an addiction right there.

If the game is no longer fun, simply QUIT. Stop the whining, just realize that it's a computer game and either take it easy by picking the parts you like and ignoring the rest or quit cold turkey if there is nothing you like anymore that warrants paying a monthly fee.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Can you quit already? Vote with your wallets and move on, best thing you can do for everyone involved. Move on.

FFXIV is getting a new job soon and the game focuses on a bigger variety of content than just combat like WoW, try that for a while. I know I'm enjoying it alongside BfA.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

15+ Year Old Account
    He should probably become a variety streamer. But from what I've seen, he doesn't really like many other games.

5+ Year Old Account
    As a casual-tryhard player, the fact that a 'grind' (for AP) is built into the core of the game means I can't just log on and do whatever I really want like nonstop dungeons. I level to 120 and my xp bar disappears and the grind feels like it's done, but a new one for AP appears that affects the ilvl or strength of one of your item pieces. I never was big into dailies even if they had some nice perks, but now dailies got even more important for a piece of your character you can't ignore even if you wanted to. I was not a huge fan of this aspect of the artefact system even in legion but legion put some varied story into all the different AP weapons and introduced a tonne of cool cosmetics for the weapons that made them bearable and even pretty cool to have. Obviously it was very hard to 1-up in BfA and all is left is the shallow grind you can't really opt out of (unless you dont play for a while and let catch up mechanics take you through.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Leg had a new raid barely 9 weeks after LAUNCH.
    Yeah, but Nighthold opened January 17th 2017... 5 months after Legion launched.

Crucible of Storms is the miniraid they're doing in 8.1, but they're positioning it between the second and third raids instead of the first and second.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Won't be long until the WoW streamers jump ship en masse to other games, similar to what happened with Destiny 2.

Its sad, but thats whats going to happen. People aren't interested in watching others play bad games.
    It seems they do. Or maybe WoW isnt bad? I just think it is pretty stupid to put any stock in what some streaming celebrity thinks about anything. People should be able to make up their own mind about games without being told what to think. Remember the last time that celebrities tried to tell us what to think and do? Yeah that's right. Trump got elected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I think Asmongold is facing more problems than the rest because his life is based on this game

WoW have not been a 24/7 game since WOTLK and by now its been declining so much that the game feels over in less 2 days of playing BFA
    Thats what it felt like for me at least but I havent based my life around this game so im able to maintain some excitment at least

With that said I cant but agree with this line
    "The developers are fundamentally disconnected with the playerbase on an emotional and psychological level which is what leads to the many instances of Ion explaining to us that we're having fun in the wrong way."

This goes for Blizzard as a company