7+ Year Old Account
    He is right, Retail wow is garbage and unfixable
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by yunito View Post
    i only watch towellie wow streams, i try assmondgold but feel too toxics
    MCCUCK! MCCUCK! SALTY MCCUCK!

Lol, his stream is full of commenters repeating the same thing but I do find his banter with McConnell to be funny

So....if his statement is correct, then why isn't the sub amount dropping like flies? Many people still find some fun in this game, wether it be different things.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    I find it absolutely hillarious that people are talking about the Legendaries from Legion as a system missing in BFA. It is a system that almost nobody liked if you look at the opinions of a lot of streamers, not just one.
    I liked the idea behind execution was garbage legendary should've been renamed artifacts. They also should've been acquired through questing or activiies like pvp, dungoens, mythics, raids, or world quest reputation grinds.

Which should've upgraded them each patch and if one fell behind they should've gotten a buff the difference between the should be .5 - 1 percent in the role they were designed for so people don't fee forced to use them. Every legendary should've been acquired in a month but needed upgrades to reach there potential. Blizzard went with the most aids system and than didn't implement a way to change them in a hot fix or two.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Been playing WoW for 12+ years, one is bound to get bored of it.
    14 years here, I've quit and came back a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaecks View Post
    T1, an challenger adc player who repeadetly hit top 50?
    What??

I understand what you mean, polarizing content and echo chambers etc.

but please don't compare t1 to asmongold "talent" wise lol
    It's not a comparison if they're both the type of people who get people follow them because lul he's gonna say something edgy eventually.

I say Blizz should give him a job so he can put his ideas on how to fix the game into better use.

So he's ending his stream? If there is nothing fun left to do why would people watch him not having fun?
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by SOFTNUT View Post
    he's made enough from the past year(300k after taxes MINIMUM) to buy a nice house for himself and do nothing but play video games all day, so at this point he could lose 90% of his viewers and still make enough to chill in his nice house and stream whatever he wants. the truth that you clearly won't want to hear is that most people watch him for his personality, so he would never lose any more than 25% of what he currently has unless he just sits there trying to be boring. that also doesn't account for gaming and streaming which are both still growing... soooo you're... dumb.
    Keep in mind that it wouldn't be for himself, he would most likely do it for his grandmother. Being a primary caregiver isn't cheap in the current U.S.

To everyone with a minimum degree of intelligence who happens to read this post, and is considering playing WoW or resubbing to WoW:
    It long ago became fashionable and socially acceptable to fill this forum with dribble about how terrible the current state of WoW has become.
    This is nothing new. This has been the case since late Vanilla, and became stronger with The Burning Crusade. By the end of WotLK, it reached the same levels of intensity you see today. "WoW sucks. Its never been this bad. They destroyed everything that made X good. I can't find anything to do in WoW. Y is massively imbalanced. Z should have been done my way, not the way it is." Etc etc...

As long as forums continue to exist, they WILL attract the - understand this well - vocal minority. And this vocal minority loves, absolutely loves, to bitch. Meanwhile, the large yet silent majority quietly log into WoW daily and find a game that, while not flawless, they enjoy enough to keep coming back for more. You won't find them on forums ranting about how good the game is, because they have better things to do than write about how they're enjoying something. They just enjoy it.

So the takeaway is this: no matter how negative the forums get, these miserable gnats are just a blip on the radar. Always remember to keep their observations on the level where they belong.
    Last edited by Jinnobi; 2018-11-26 at 06:08 AM.
    It belongs to the imperfection of everything human that man can only attain his desire by passing through its opposite. - Soren Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Job's a job, mate.
    He can stream any game he likes. He can play wow when he feels like it and leave it at that. He'd probably grow even more by not focusing on wow so much. He can easily make it as a variety streamer.

The first answer is a repost of the OP: this is real Asmongold!
    Seriously though, I can't be the only one that would love this toxic guy and his toxic fan posse to move to a different game.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    I've had this problem since the days of burning crusade. I'd raid, or do dungeons occassionally, but otherwise I'd play other games until new content comes out. This game has always been pretty empty, it's jsut more and more people are waking up to that fact, only they're still pretending it's a BFA problem and not a MMO problem.
    100% this, at least for me. And hell it works better for me, I can play more games with my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazinger-Z View Post
    The takeaway is that Asmongold isn't having fun. Even when he's playing the game, his audience doesn't seem interested in it, providing even less of a reason to play it. ...he personally isn't having fun, and his audience isn't interested in the game. It's not like another streamer who hates the game, but its popular, so they slough through it.
    So my questions are this:

1) Why do I care if HE is having fun or not? Does his fun somehow affect my fun?
    2) Why do I care if his audience is bored watching him play? To be clear, this likely has little relevance to whether or not they have fun, but that's largely unimportant (Again, why do I care if THEY are having fun either).
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    Obviously, if you consume and/or care about the product Asmongold is offering, what he says have relevance to you (because he's basically saying his product offering will be changing). If you don't care about his product, then I agree, it's largely unimportant.
    Do you think asmon could help Blizz improve the game *should he get hired by them* for the better?

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    The notion that Blizzard should "give out jobs" to people who most likely would never even consider applying is strange one (but quite common here).
    ahh..gotcha. I just meant that Asmon mentions that the game is not fun anymore and is constantly streaming on how bad this and that is. I really wonder if he could give Blizz solid ideas *not like Blizz would impliment them mind you...* that would improve the game and bring up its lost player base.

Quote Originally Posted by Putin-Chan View Post
    He should branch out to other games. He's a funny guy. It doesn't matter if he's playing WoW or not.
    His viewership WILL take a hit if he starts doing something else and he knows it.

Take another streamer example. Quickybaby streams World of Tanks, mostly, to 3-5k viewers on the average. He also threams World of Warcraft occasionally. On those evenings he gets sub 1k viewers.

Like it or not, streamers do get "type cast" and asmongold is that to a very high degree.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

He should stream more games, its a risk streaming only one game. Even if that game is wow. If streaming is something he wants to do for many years, he should mix it a bit up. Who knows, his wow streams might be become better and more enjoyable.

All of this has been a long time coming for him and many others like him who started back in classic. Its not the same game anymore and it does not help that we have been playing this game for 14+ years.

Besides, we are not kids anymore. Sure we might play games alot, but we are grown ass men now and we will never get back that awesome feeling of playing wow with your bes buds. You and a couple of other friends playing wow on shit computers all weekend, talking smack and just have a great time. Even if we do that today, its just not THE same. I think asmongold, as many of us, miss that alot and how wow used to be.

wow is a shell of a MMORPG compared to what it was. I enjoyed BFA the first couple of months, but when I suddenly realised I had 5 lvl 120 before december, it dawned on me that theres really nothing at max lvl. I have played since classic and I have never had 5 max lvl characters so quickly in a xpac. Heck, I rarely got 5 up to max lvl.

Theres been so many changes im not sure it fixable. They have decided a path for wow with quickly consumed content, all teleported non interacting playstyle that rewards minimum effort. Its more or less like playing Call of duty. You log in, queue up for something, leave 20 mins later with something.

I was one of those who were not going to bother with classic. Honestly, at this point, classic might be my main MMO. Sure, I dont have the time anymore like I used to. I cant sit whole days/weekends playing. I might spend months reaching max lvl. But you know what? thats ok. End game is not everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Well Nice to see this days of Random ass hat streamer, who is super toxic towards the game, for that is what popular, and so he feeds into the toxicity circle jerk.
    I have not been subbed for. what. about a month and a half. Maybe he should try like me, and if you hate it so much, or are bored, Then go play other stuff. But no, People like the OP, who Loves and feed into this negativ hostile toxic circkle jerk, want to come back to him to "i wounder what he will complain about today" and that is what people want the most.
    completely agree with you ^^

Why do people only post asmondgold saying this is shit, or one video of bellular saying this is shit, but no videos of others streamers saying at least something good about it?, I can answer that, because it's better to be toxic about something you don't like than any other thing, once you start being toxic you start to enjoy it, and seeing other people agree with you gives you a feeling that you are part of something. It happens in politics, it happens with friends, it happens with a lot of stuff in our lives, but in this case, you are not part of something because this is virtual and this is a videogame.

And as much elitists people don't like Taliesin because he is "chill" he analyses all of it way more than most of the people and he is not wrong to like something and I enjoy watching him more than I would enjoy asmondgold even If I agree partly with asmondgold with what he says, because I don't want to form part of this toxic circle, it consumes you and doesn't let you enjoy shit, even out of wow. But the ones who doesn't like the game right now are not wrong either. As much as you don't like to read it, this is the truth: If you don't like something, just go on, maybe return in the future, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    His viewership WILL take a hit if he starts doing something else and he knows it.

Take another streamer example. Quickybaby streams World of Tanks, mostly, to 3-5k viewers on the average. He also threams World of Warcraft occasionally. On those evenings he gets sub 1k viewers.

Like it or not, streamers do get "type cast" and asmongold is that to a very high degree.
    Indeed. I bet asmongolds has been tierd of wow for a much longer time than I wants to admit. He knows it can hurt his stream if he change it up. But, I think he will be better of in the long run. He can be quite fun to watch, regardless of game.