Poll: Should the players be "punished" for killing low level characters in the warmode?

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    War is a slaughter, it is not balanced, it is not a matter of skill. Ganking is an essential part of warmode.
    It rewards many taking on few, max level taking on newbs, geared taking on ungeared. And it's very adapted to an MMORPG.

If you are looking for fair play, rated pvp is waiting for you.
    Last edited by krl; 2018-11-26 at 10:20 AM.

those guys have always been in the game

it was fine in classic and tbc and even early wotlk since people cared about their servers so high levels would actually help out

no one cares now so a single high level can shut down an entire zone

this is why when i leveled alts i just grinded dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    War mode is fine, git gud. The people crying just never learned to pvp and show up for the bonus, WM is better off without them.
    are you brainless? he just said he he gets it and it was level 120 ganking level 10,git gud/?omg whats wrong with people on this site are you all friggen 12 or something.

Should be a risk somewhere when ganking low level dudes. Don't know, guards coming swarming or I don't know but keep ganking, warmode is for PvP. Don't like that? Well, turn it off Also with the new scaling, doesn't low lvl have a chance? At least to run away, right?
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by krl View Post
    War is a slaughter, it is not balanced, it is not a matter of skill. Ganking is an essential part of warmode.
    It rewards many taking on few, max level taking on newbs, geared taking on ungeared. And it's very adapted to an MMORPG.

If you are looking for fair play, rated pvp is waiting for you.
    Last time I checked,you don't any reward for ganking a low level. So it's more about persons wish to look mighty and cool - probably,something he isn't in the real life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Should be a risk somewhere when ganking low level dudes. Don't know, guards coming swarming or I don't know but keep ganking, warmode is for PvP. Don't like that? Well, turn it off Also with the new scaling, doesn't low lvl have a chance? At least to run away, right?
    No,they don't have a chance.

So I use war mode and still haven't turned it off. I have always played on a PvP server, so it's kind of like what I've experienced more or less the whole time I've been playing WoW, so i figured I'd have it turned on.

I am, however considering turning it off I guess the problem I have with it is nothing to do with not being able to PvP (whilst it isn't my focus in the game) it's the fact that I sometimes end up camped by 4+ horde characters, meaning that the limited time I have in the game is kind of wasted. No amount of 'git gud' will allow my tank to solo a group of 5 with a healer, and unfortunately it's not like Legion where as a tank I was basically an immortal wrecking ball in WPvP.

Now, there are occasions where I will run into a horde player, on their own and we will duke it out - sometimes I win, sometimes (more often I lose), but that's cool, that's kinda what I signed up for, and I don't have a problem with that.

Haven't noticed any ganking levelling a horde alt with WM on, so who knows....

IT shouldn't be removed as warmode is toggleable now.

The unfortunate truth is there is a large contingent of WoW players who find a lot of joy in ruining the play experience of other players and new players. There is no reasoning with them and no changing their behavior, even if it means it might drive new players from the game. Fortunately the leveling players now have an easy recourse, which is to shut off warmode.

While I think ganking is dumb and annoying, there was nothing in place outside of Vanilla for killing low level players in the old system, so I don't know why there would be in the new one. The only differences are that:
    - You always have WM talents on instead of just during PvP combat (which is a huge boon; some of those choices are amazing).
    - You get extra XP (WQ rewards at 120).
    - You will find people on other servers.
    - You can now choose if you want it on/off, instead of it permanently being on/off based on your server.

Also, they won't be punished because of accidental kills. I've accidentally killed people before just by residual cleave that I didn't mean to do to them but it can't be avoided in my single-target rotation. If you don't want it on and you don't want gankers, don't turn it on.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    War mode is an improvement over the old PvP and PvE servers, that's all it had to be, and it succeeded.
    Does killing low level players even trigger assassin status? One thing we definitely could do is make it easier for people to:
    a) know an assassin is present at a certain location
    b) get to that location, or sufficiently close-by to allow the assassin a chance to run for it

For knowing an assassin is present, you could make a new window that lists all currently active assassins, sortable by #kills, duration of status, reward on kill and location, or have that information displayed on the world map. Further, you could have a visual indication on the game itself, kind of like a wall-hack, that lets you know where the assassin is - it would be disabled or reduced as soon as you got within rendering distance of that player, and it would show you where the player was like 10 seconds ago, not always updated in real-time.

As for getting to the location of the assassin, just give players interested in hunting assassins a free teleport option to the closest faction-friendly/neutral inn, or some random location ~200 yards away from the assassin.

There's plenty of room for improvement without necessarily having to start granting immunities or anything of the like.

If you want to do balanced PvP, then Arenas and Battlegrounds are there for you.
    If you want to do wPvP, which is all about unbalanced advantage taking, griefing and bullying, then you 'warmode'.
    'War', unlike 'sports' is always dirty, never 'fair'.

You should have complained when the utter morons at Blizzard decided griefing simulator, a failed gamemode if there ever was one, should be a core part of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honorless kills were introduced back in the days to stop this.

I was not ganked when I leveled my last char (end of Legion) apart from obvious areas like Hellfire Peninsula.
    Not sure how the sharding works in association with Warmode. I never met players from the other faction who were much higher from the level I was, but that could be ralated to the usual way of leveling by completing all 10-20 zones for efficiency reasons first.

My problem with Warmode is a different one: After the initial "Warmode: ON" because I always played on PvP Servers I used to switch it off quite fast for the daily routines and never looked back. Due to the nature of world quests the playerbase is assembled on few small spot of land. When you arrive there with Warmode on you'll find a huge shitshow 80% of the time with anonymous players you won't meet again most of the time due to sharding. The faction with more players will dominate the ground. You will almost never get attacked outside of world quests in 1vs1 situations.

I prefered the old system without sharding when you knew your enemy.

Leveling on a PvP realm has never been any different in 14 years except now you get bonus XP to make up for the time spent running back to your corpse, if you have never liked PvP or how you get ganked by much higher levels, simply turn it off and take the XP hit and play as if you were on a PvE realm.

Ganking is fun, griefing is fun and people enjoy it, you have ways to remove yourself from those people even easier now, so don't sook about it....
    Last edited by xcitng; 2018-11-26 at 10:40 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I thought they addressed this through scaling so you wouldn't get stomped by a single auto-attack and actually stood a chance ganging up with others in the zone? Enabling PvP makes love not war-craft.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Yeah, even if you have Warmode toggled "on" it should be toggled "off" to any character 10 levels above yours...

Ganking is not PvP.
    Part of vanilla pvp, was killing weaker characters which than incited a mass players banding together or logging on their main resulting in a large battle.
    So in that aspect their shouldn't be put a limiter on it.

That said I don't know if the sharding technology allows for this gameplay as a result of ganking. If you log on to your main will you be sharded into the same one you were previously? Can you chase that person down to another zone? What are the chances of meeting that person in the future for some revenge?

If these factors are different from vanilla and thus prevent that experience than a change should be considered. I honestly thought you wouldn't be sharded in with players of much higher level.
    Something to consider is that Warmode is shit atm anyway, and needs to be balanced more around the difference in faction presence of the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by pfbe View Post
    Does killing low level players even trigger assassin status? One thing we definitely could do is make it easier for people to:
    a) know an assassin is present at a certain location
    b) get to that location, or sufficiently close-by to allow the assassin a chance to run for it

For knowing an assassin is present, you could make a new window that lists all currently active assassins, sortable by #kills, duration of status, reward on kill and location, or have that information displayed on the world map. Further, you could have a visual indication on the game itself, kind of like a wall-hack, that lets you know where the assassin is - it would be disabled or reduced as soon as you got within rendering distance of that player, and it would show you where the player was like 10 seconds ago, not always updated in real-time.

As for getting to the location of the assassin, just give players interested in hunting assassins a free teleport option to the closest faction-friendly/neutral inn, or some random location ~200 yards away from the assassin.

There's plenty of room for improvement without necessarily having to start granting immunities or anything of the like.
    Not sure the teleportation towards the assasin from anywhere in the world,but that could be a fine way to solve this issue too - for example,the person is marked as an assasin,the something similar to local defense informs the others about the assasin - people go there and take him out. Then people would be more motivated to take him down than when somebody is crying out for help in the local defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    I thought they addressed this through scaling so you wouldn't get stomped by a single auto-attack and actually stood a chance ganging up with others in the zone? Enabling PvP makes love not war-craft.
    Scaling only affects mobs, not players.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Last time I checked,you don't any reward for ganking a low level. So it's more about persons wish to look mighty and cool - probably,something he isn't in the real life.
    The reward is called schadenfreude and it's a very intense pleasure for some people. A video game is the perfect thing for such feelings because it is not reality.
    Those people do not try to look mighty and cool. They try to grieve others. Schadenfreude is a very widespread characteristic of humanity.

Its 100% retarded that a maxlevel can gank lowlvls. Why blizzard allows it is beyond me. It doesnt add anything to the game, its just griefing.
    A player should only be able to attck a char within his or her exp range. So 1-60 fair game. 61-80 fair game. and so on.
    111-120 fair game.

Lets not forget its not like you are stuck leveling in STV like vanilla either, you can level in any zone of your level range, would have taken less time to move to another zone than make this post.

I've always thought Dishonourable Kills (DKs) should have included players much lower level than you too. You'd still get griefers but if you lost whatever currency? you get for PvPing now for DKs then it would reduce the number of them.