View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    In the eyes of Dribbles, every bad thing that happens is the fault of the EU. If it rains on a day he wants to go to the beach, then that is because the EU weather machines.
    Don't be silly. There are no weather machines. However, we do have regulation on rain consistency and frequency, which absolutely are to blame for his rainy days.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think people were only unfriendly when provoked. I mean back in 2014 there was this joke circulating (I don't know if this actually happened) that some idiot tourist told the locals at the inn they were staying that they now own this place in Crete and the innkeeper pulled a rifle. Crete is like Texas, everyone has two guns or more there.
    Well that's just rude and asking for trouble on the best days... I was more referring to the general burning of flags and calling Merkel Hitler 2.0 things that happened back then. But it doesn't matter anymore, we're all crossing our fingers that you can sort it out, though.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by padie View Post
    The EU does not have a direct role in raising taxes or setting tax rates. The amount of tax you pay is decided by your government, not the EU.
    But national governments legislate under instruction of EU policy, imposing levels of taxation and regulation as a result of this.

The amount of tax and regulation you personally, more importantly businesses, are subject to directly affects how competitive and what the growth of enterprise is.

The EU could choose to encourage or it could stifle an economy, unfortunately it always chooses the latter. That is why the EU is so scared of an unfettered Britain just off its shores and seeks to constrain its competitive ability by binding it ad infinitum to EU rules.

I'll just drop this in here as proof.

Despite Brexit! Were any economists predicting that at the time of the referendum? Were they hell.
    Last edited by dribbles; 2018-11-26 at 12:00 PM.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    the first consequence of-not-so-certain HoC vote has emerged: Japan PM Shinzo Abe's visit is now postponed until january. May needs all her focus to bring the vote home, but Abe's visit was scheduled to give some support to Brexit.
    But will she even stay in office until then ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Proof of what, did you leave yet?
    Nope. Those performance figures were produced despite the UK still being constrained by the EU ball and chain.

Imagine again how the figures will look once our EU emancipation is complete and we no longer have to subsidise our EU masters.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Proof of what, did you leave yet?
    easy counterproof:

"Today’s we’re getting the first proper economic analysis of the Brexit deal agreed between the UK and the EU and signed off at yesterday’s Brussels summit. And it says that, under this plan, after 10 years the UK economy would be almost 4% smaller than if it would if the country remained in the EU."
    source: Guardian online article

flip a coin and decide who to believe ...

btw: meaningful vote is within 2 weeks.

"Labour sources are saying there could be as much as five days of Brexit debate in the run up to the meaningful final vote on or around December 12"

dec12 is a wednesday, so debate would arise wednesday next week or so unless HoC plans to sit on weekend too.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    But national governments legislate under instruction of EU policy, imposing levels of taxation and regulation as a result of this.

The amount of tax and regulation you personally, more importantly businesses, are subject to directly affects how competitive and what the growth of enterprise is.

The EU could choose to encourage or it could stifle an economy, unfortunately it always chooses the latter. That is why the EU is so scared of an unfettered Britain just off its shores and seeks to constrain its competitive ability by binding it ad infinitum to EU rules.

I'll just drop this in here as proof.

Despite Brexit! Were any economists predicting that at the time of the referendum? Were they hell.
    Again, those differences are less than seasonal fluctuations. Your picture proves very, very little indeed. Shite propaganda is still shite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Again, those differences are less than seasonal fluctuations. Your picture proves very, very little indeed. Shite propaganda is still shite.
    It's just fascinating to read his posts. In one post he argues that the EU stifles growth and the UK is doing great just because of brexit, which hasn't happened yet, to then say that despite everything the UK was not stifled by the EU, and apparently the EU isn't even trying to but they are trying to chain the UK to abide EUs rules forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

How is factual reporting of figures propaganda? It is quite fair to say that Germany might be in recession by the end of the year and if Germany is in recession you might as well say the EU is in recession. And soon without the safety net of British charity subsidies to offset it. You could also summarise, if that is the case, that the EU economy is about to fall off a cliff without a UK parachute to save it.

A lucky escape we have had indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    It's just fascinating to read his posts. In one post he argues that the EU stifles growth and the UK is doing great just because of brexit, which hasn't happened yet, to then say that despite everything the UK was not stifled by the EU, and apparently the EU isn't even trying to but they are trying to chain the UK to abide EUs rules forever.
    The UK, as far as it can, tries to filter as many EU rules away as possible to enable industry. Other nations embrace them all down to the finest minutiae and stifle enterprise as a result. It isn't that hard to understand post Brexit, as long as we don't get Mays deal, how the UK economy can fly set free of this burden.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The UK, as far as it can, tries to filter as many EU rules away as possible to enable industry. Other nations embrace them all down to the finest minutiae and stifle enterprise as a result. It isn't that hard to understand post Brexit, as long as we don't get Mays deal, how the UK economy can fly set free of this burden.
    Sure, I've yet to see how since you weren't able/willing to provide examples but I'm positive the UK post Brexit will fly!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    So there's going to be a debate most likely and labour for some reason think they can get a better deal because a single european prime minister said there might be a chance for that, what they won't find a majority for between two parties.

And everyone who wants brexit that isn't potentially devastating is considered undemocratic since it doesn't match the fringe movement wishes of a brexit what seems to be build of nostalgia and smoke screens, essentially banking on the idea the EU isn't as insane and wants to prevent social bloodbaths due to an economic shock, unwilling to accept that the EU has been preparing for a no deal scenario for quite some time, unlike the UK who have yet to reach any consensus of how the brexit should look like, while at the same time dismissing all 'experts' and trading them in for populist politicians, who most likely all come from money or have money and so are able to withstand the economic train wreck better, and i suppose being in denial does make people sleep better.

Maybe all of this is some sort of long term plan to go back to the era of lords and servants, although i probably give the average brexiteer far too much credit in the headspace department when saying that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dribs if you stretch the y-axis even more it will look so much more impressive! Also you keep telling us tick tock so that means you must be watching the time until Brexit actually happens yes?
    I wouldn't want to be accused of exaggerating though, I mean its bad enough from an EU perspective already? But then again some wise sages have said in the past Brexit would hurt the EU more than it would the UK!

And oh yes am I counting the days. It will soon be time to organise the street parties and other celebrations, me I'd make Brexit day a national holiday. In time perhaps it will be and brexiteer heroes given the true recognition they deserve.

Anyhow here is where we are...

So many ways for the EU puppet Maybot to lose, a minefield to navigate for the win.

Tick tock.
    Last edited by dribbles; 2018-11-26 at 04:35 PM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    as mentioned ago, the time is set for the stage to play this charade before dec12, now with a real schedule:

CCLA (scheduled for wed 12) means Commons Consideration of Lords Amendments, the vote itself is on tue 11.

theresa may wants to debate corbyn on tv

she's a masochist lmao

I honestly have no idea where this idea for a televised debate has come from and seeing as the public are not involved in whether May's proposal (or whatever) is accepted it all seems a little pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    theresa may wants to debate corbyn on tv

she's a masochist lmao
    The same May that ran away from debates during the last election. She now wants to debate?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I honestly have no idea where this idea for a televised debate has come from and seeing as the public are not involved in whether May's proposal (or whatever) is accepted it all seems a little pointless.
    I assume by pointing out the disaster a no deal scenario will create and making the electorate put pressure to vote Yes for this deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh look Russia's prime bitch is trying to further make an already volatile situation more problematic. not that this will change much about the public opinion the deplorables will eat this up and the same people will ignore him.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I assume by pointing out the disaster a no deal scenario will create and making the electorate put pressure to vote Yes for this deal.
    Maybe, however the electorate can only truly exercise its power when it is given a vote which is not due happen until 2022.

My money is on the ECJ saying it has to be accepted by the member states unilaterally. What the original draft intended is only one of the methodologies to interpret the law, practicality also comes into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Populists hyperbole. Of course the UK won't stop trading with the US regardless of the outcome. That's just as preposterous as saying the UK won't deal with the EU in a no deal scenario. People are way too prone to just believing anything they're told, if it only sounds scandalous enough.