Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Didn't a bunch of the old-timers leave to make wildstar or something? Wouldn't want those guys back
    yea, wildstar was a lot closer to a real mmorpg. cant have that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure theres an ex dev who livestreams who wanted to come back but their design philosophy doesnt really align with the current WoW team's. And other devs that worked on the game for a long time probably moved to other projects for a breath of fresh air so, it doesn't always pay off to have the same peeps.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri View Post
    Exactly. Jeff was the reason why WoW content was so good back then.
    No thanks. Kaplan was the raid or die hey lets lie at Blizzcon and pretend it's anything but a niche activity guy. As a raider today who was also a raider at that time I don't want that line of thinking in WoW. Since Blizzard made raids more accessible and justified the resources put into raiding, my content as a hardcore raider has gotten better and better. Zero desire to go back to his archaic MMO philosophy.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Ion should be the first to be booted. He's a soulless corporate lackey.

Until they ditch the modular expansion concept of reverting the game back to level 100 and rebooting it the game will never get better. It is basiclly designed to make devs lives easier by being able to ditch all the advancement in an expansion minus one or two things they liked and then just restart it with some "amazing item" that fills the gap. Started with the weapon that you progressed and eventally lost all that progression. Now its a neck that you somehow call it progression and it too will be zapped away from you at the end so you can start grinding the next progression item that will have all you gain from it deleted and removed so they can claim new expansions by just removing a grinder item and replacing it with another with a copy cut past system behind it over and over. Ability bloat was so much better to deal with than grinder item expansion design in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    I am afraid but wow is going downhill. Blizzard are not listening to their core customers. They have watered down wow into a diablo like game. They have removed a lot of the complexities of classes. They have but killed raiding. pvp is a joke.

Since the wow team was joined by people that used to work on diablo, the game has had a diablo make over that goes against what is an mmo.
    I agree, it boils down a lot to a lot of decisions that sacrificed immersion and community for 'convenience' that ruined that feel as well, when everything was gradually made more cross-realm, and then individual realms got sharded.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Why would they want to come back? Few people want to be stuck at the same project for a decade.
    I think ppl with a pasion for WoW or the MMO genre in general wouldnt mind working on the same game for 10+ years, seeing vidions realized. The problem with the WoW dev team is that they themselves are casual MMO players at best.

Quote Originally Posted by klepp0906 View Post
    yea, wildstar was a lot closer to a real mmorpg. cant have that.
    Yeah and how did it do with all those "real mmorpg" elements?

Oh right it's shutting down in a couple of days. While those elements were not the only cause it was one of many.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    No thanks. Kaplan was the raid or die hey lets lie at Blizzcon and pretend it's anything but a niche activity guy. As a raider today who was also a raider at that time I don't want that line of thinking in WoW. Since Blizzard made raids more accessible and justified the resources put into raiding, my content as a hardcore raider has gotten better and better. Zero desire to go back to his archaic MMO philosophy.
    Better and better? having to farm boring ass islands for AP, hoping for WF/TF/socket and being disappointed with a base ilvl piece or spamming 5 mans for the chance at better than mythic ilevel? going by the current success, it sounds like they need to bring back the raid or die mentality because what they are doing now doesn't seem to be working

Quote Originally Posted by Diezel View Post
    I agree, it boils down a lot to a lot of decisions that sacrificed immersion and community for 'convenience' that ruined that feel as well, when everything was gradually made more cross-realm, and then individual realms got sharded.
    blizzard making bad decisions it's not the only thing that did not bring new players or lost them, as much as the community don't want to admit it, the toxic part of it, prevents new players from coming and every player who enters the hate circle like this is politics makes it easier for them to leave, sometimes even hating something that they don't use.

As I said, at least 20% of the fault (trowing random numbers here, but you get what I mean) of the decline of wow population lies with is own toxic community. Just go to a youtube video from mop that is now regarded as a great expansion and someone sayin "maybe I should give it a try it looks cool" and a lot of people say to him "it's shit" "it's not what it used to be" "don't even try" and so on, a potential new player not coming because of the community, are they being toxic because of blizzard did not make their expectations?, yes sure, as much as I like wow I also understand if you don't like were it's going and you are not happy with it it makes you angry, hell we are humans and we are all different me liking something does not give me the right to say you should like it, and the other way.

Still not the right call to just being plain toxic, i'll never agree to that, i've seen that affecting the game in a negative way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    Better and better? having to farm boring ass islands for AP, hoping for WF/TF/socket and being disappointed with a base ilvl piece or spamming 5 mans for the chance at better than mythic ilevel? going by the current success, it sounds like they need to bring back the raid or die mentality because what they are doing now doesn't seem to be working
    mind you, he is not talking about Ilvl but the content itself and it's difficulty (or I understood it that way)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Can you give examples of who we should replace with whom? Incase you didn't know there are still old timers working in wow.
    ex-diablo 3 as already stated, that is a great start
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

You actually don't need to to any of those things...
    and people actually stop playing. Partly because they do not need another WF/TF or AP level to feel good, partly because beating the same thing on just another difficulty is not what most people aspire to do and partly because most of the other content does not have a high replay value.

It takes a lot of time for the first time (compared to "normal" and new mobile and multiplayer games) but after that... achievements, transmogs etc help. But obviously blizzard has not found a way to keep most people interested after the first few weeks of new content.

I did not see it coming, but because a lot of other people in the guild stopped caring to play after launch... i got less to do as well. And i don't feel motivation to get on the treadmill if i can just do it after a new content release cycle.

Overall i think people underestimate the amount of time they play the game and they should not be suprised that enough is enough and you stop playing for a while...

The current and future WoW teams should focus on quality because they can never reach the quantity to keep people playing 5 hours a day without getting bored.

Sounds like you are doing it wrong. None of the activities you list are mandatory nor efficient.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Here is the thing.
    You are right that they most likely have two teams. But those teams would be focused on creating the world, art assets, quests and maybe dungeons as well as workshop new features. They would not be dealing with narrative, class design OR with reward structures; you cannot do class design two years ahead and reward systems are almost the last thing added in every expac. So the main issues with BfA are not subject to the two team divide. MoP, WoD, Legion and BfA all had amazing art, great looking zones and fairly solid questing experiences. It's the base team (which likely includes most of the higher management at operational level) that sucks.
    The base team are controlled by upper management and the shareholders yeah. You can see that different amount of resources are allocated to each expansion. MoP and Legion were huge expansiond in terms of content and new systems that took a lot of time to develop, WoD and BfA(so far) not so much. Resources (money) directly affects game developement and sadly also gameplay. WoW has and still is a testing ground for figuring out what works and more often I do not agree with the devs choices. Design choices players think are easy fixes might be the work of 2-3 programmers and 2 months work because Blizz is so obsessed with quality control(no bugs and so on). And trust me I do not defend Blizzard on the current state of the game, class and world quest/dailies design sucks balls and I can't make myself play at all. If I play I just do older content, which is tragic.

Not sure bringing back the 'old crew' would help that much. At least some of them got caught up in the money train and conformed to the corporate way of thinking, so I'm not sure they would even have the desire to make WoW great again. Besides that, even if they wanted to, the development shots are called by the share holders and boardroom executives. This is why WoW is in such poor condition these days and will continue to decline. The game was once designed and produced by real nerds with a passion for amazing games and gaming experiences. Long gone are those days. Like most things in the current corporate climate, they have either sold their ass to corporatism, or moved along elsewhere.

Back in the 'day it was create amazing and mind blowing games first, then money follows. Now its money first, and game is what it will be. Why do you think there is so much "preorder" and "early access" going on. Its all about the money now.
    Last edited by Demithio; 2018-11-26 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Clarity

Try to compare this guy to that bot called Hazzikostas
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Bring back Jeff Kaplan and i am happy.
    This, we need Jeff with urgency!
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

7+ Year Old Account
    as longs as its not the wod team or the team that put bfa together~

And who's to decide which point was objectively great...? The players? Lol.
    This is just the usual crap that's been a fact of this fanbase since forever. Inability to enjoy the present, living in the past and shooting arbitrary blame around hoping something sticks.

And exactly none of them will make a difference of any sort.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-11-26 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    And who's to decide which point was objectively great...? The players? Lol.
    This is just the usual crap that's been a fact of this fanbase since forever. Inability to enjoy the present, living in the past and shooting arbitrary blame around hoping something sticks.

And exactly none of them will make a difference of any sort.
    I think most people have a general idea of what good is or not, this is why WoW became so popular to begin with, not because it was some "special time" in the universe where people were drastically different. However, you are correct, Blizzard could give a rat's ass about anyone's opinion here, including yours, pro or con.
    Last edited by Demithio; 2018-11-26 at 03:08 PM.