Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    But how are we supposed to reliably do that?

Most of the things I own has at the very least a few parts in them that says made in china and we often won't know about it unless we disassemble them.
    Become a more responsible consumer, and actually put your money where your mouth is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    good ol' china not standing for that religious bullshit.

Also is this thread even allowed? no threads on religion and this story isn't possible without the fact they're Muslims.
    Yeah, putting people in concentration camps and committing genocide for thought crimes is very normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Become a more responsible consumer, and actually put your money where your mouth is.
    So pretty much buy no electronics? Aren't most cars off the table too?

I'm not even 100% sure where my mouth is, and it can be difficult when most countries does something disgusting.

What country do you buy your stuff from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    They are putting the kids in orphanages because of the ethnicity they part of, you go on and deny reality.
    If that is the case I am against this full stop. But I can't be sure, because in the past history what we know China DOES treat threats against it's authority pretty seriously. So while I am not arguing it isn't ethnicity, I am just not seeing any evidence here of it.

They also have done some pretty harsh things to lots of religions in China, Tibetans being closest to mind, and I wouldn't put it past them to do this same kind of thing to them, and it's not because of their Ethnicity, it's because of their defiance of the state.

If that is the issue, totalitarian states, and Chinese aggressive nature in that, then that is a lot to unpack. I could be wrong about a lot of things especially China, another practice I disagreed with was their 1 child policy where lots of girls were cast out and placed in orphanages. The counter could be desperate measures requires they curb an unsustainable population.

My point is I do NOT always agree, however through my bias obviously some practices I disagree with much more than others. If it's for sure Ethnicity I am against it, if it's however to target their religion like they do with others, I have no credibility to condemn them on that issue based on my own personal biases.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    So pretty much buy no electronics? Aren't most cars off the table too?

I'm not even 100% sure where my mouth is, and it can be difficult when most countries does something disgusting.

What country do you buy your stuff from?
    Well, if you really believe in something, then work at that as a consumer. I have purposefully held off buying electronics, because I hate where they came from.

As for me, I tend to live a pretty simply life, and don't buy a lot of shit for myself. Most of my food is from the United States or Central America. My water bottle was made in America. Everything else around me was purchased by my company.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    It's not ok. I am not in any way communicating it's ok at all, I have only said I am not going to defend it as a means of being critical of China. As for my bias yes I am Christian so yes, I am flat out being honest about that.

As for the Ethnicity I mean they also discriminate against Tibetans, I don't defend them either. That isn't to say I approve of how the Chinese handle their conflict, but that's just it, it's their conflict with a religion.
    Tibet is treated as it is because it's the source of the rivers that enable the growth of most of China's food while acting as a natural barrier against India. They're being bred out and pushed out of administration so that in the event of conflict, an invader wouldn't find a sympathetic population capable of helping their occupation.

In contrast, the current treatment of Uighurs is part of an ongoing campaign of segregation and relegation to second class citizens, blamed mainly on the actions of a small number of fringe groups operating on China's western border. It's at the point where they're being forced in to 'reeducation' camps and imprisoned if they choose not to eat pork or consume beer. This is frankly incomparable to what China are doing in Tibet, it isn't a conflict as the extremism they claim to be combating has been grossly exaggerated and in some cases, fabricated.

What this will do however, is mobilize an entire region against them resulting in either forced assimilation, exodus or death.

Well you lot always bang on about "no borders" well, no borders also means no borders around your homes.

Perhaps now you would agree that borders are a great thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by dunhildas View Post
    Well you lot always bang on about "no borders" well, no borders also means no borders around your homes.

Perhaps now you would agree that borders are a great thing.
    The hell are you even on about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    Tibet is treated as it is because it's the source of the rivers that enable the growth of most of China's food while acting as a natural barrier against India. They're being bred out and pushed out of administration so that in the event of conflict, an invader wouldn't find a sympathetic population capable of helping their occupation.

In contrast, the current treatment of Uighurs is part of an ongoing campaign of segregation and relegation to second class citizens, blamed mainly on the actions of a small number of fringe groups operating on China's western border. It's at the point where they're being forced in to 'reeducation' camps and imprisoned if they choose not to eat pork or consume beer. This is frankly incomparable to what China are doing in Tibet, it isn't a conflict as the extremism they claim to be combating has been grossly exaggerated and in some cases, fabricated.

What this will do however, is mobilize an entire region against them resulting in either forced assimilation, exodus or death.
    So the conflict with Tibet is about power and resources?

Are you saying Uighurs are being targeted because of their ethnicity then?

You speak pretty intelligently about both issues, so I am going with what you are saying here for the moment.

If this is about Ethnicity and not religion and religion is just being used a a device then, yeah I am against that bullshit. By Vehicle I mean there are other Muslims who are Han for example being left alone, that would suggest it's just a ploy.

Like with the U.S Muslim ban being to reroute terrorism but leaving off countries that is home to the most terrorist directly responsible for attacks on U.S Soil.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

It probably won't be much longer before the Chinese government starts to perform eugenics and perhaps worse on these people.

If I were them, I'd definitely look into leaving the country.

Yeah, I am thinking that at this rate it is sterilisation soon, hidden at first and "legal" forced one later.
    And while I am scared of how the shit China does, the whole propaganda and mass prison camp thing, what scares me as much are some of the people in this thread, who quite obviously support a lot of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    It probably won't be much longer before the Chinese government starts to perform eugenics and perhaps worse on these people.

If I were them, I'd definitely look into leaving the country.
    Hard to leave a country legally when the country your currently are living doesn't allow you to leave.

The duality is ofcourse that Uyghurs have been experiencing abuse for a while now and that the more they struggle the worse the Chinese government reacts to this which results in more conflict because.

China is a sovereign nation and right now our options are limited in what we can do to stop this kind of treatment of other people. Personally strict sanctions would be best to force them to clean up this path that can only lead to genocide. And no, I don't think that random sanctions like what Trump is doing is useful.

Yeah I care about race, sex or orientation, to me religion is a choice the only one I would fight for or defend is Christianity.
    A brave white knight of social justice is an idiotic hypocrite?
    Who could have guessed?

but...but

Orag maan

bad?

If that is the case I am against this full stop. But I can't be sure, because in the past history what we know China DOES treat threats against it's authority pretty seriously. So while I am not arguing it isn't ethnicity, I am just not seeing any evidence here of it.

They also have done some pretty harsh things to lots of religions in China, Tibetans being closest to mind, and I wouldn't put it past them to do this same kind of thing to them, and it's not because of their Ethnicity, it's because of their defiance of the state.

If that is the issue, totalitarian states, and Chinese aggressive nature in that, then that is a lot to unpack. I could be wrong about a lot of things especially China, another practice I disagreed with was their 1 child policy where lots of girls were cast out and placed in orphanages. The counter could be desperate measures requires they curb an unsustainable population.

My point is I do NOT always agree, however through my bias obviously some practices I disagree with much more than others. If it's for sure Ethnicity I am against it, if it's however to target their religion like they do with others, I have no credibility to condemn them on that issue based on my own personal biases.
    LOL, lefty white knight apparently readily roots for fascist practices when it against people he doesn't like.

China is a damn scary place.

Thankfully I dont live there and never plan to visit. God that would be my nightmare getting stuck there.

So glad that I'm not Chinese.