Poll: Should the players be "punished" for killing low level characters in the warmode?

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Red is dead. How has nobody said this yet?

OT: Warmode is a choice in which you are given an incentive to take a risk. YOU ARE WILLINGLY TAKING THIS RISK. You don't like the result of the risk you took? Do not take that risk again. There are plenty of ways in-game to handle being camped but honestly, it's not worth the effort going over them like other people here have been kind enough to do for you. In the end, you made the choice to take a risk.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like to be ganked.

But those max lvl players are just using an earned advantage (max lvl) to win fights against you. And this problem has a PvP solution: ask your friends to defend you. Everytime my GF is leveling her alt Void Elf Mage, my alt Human Rogue lvl 120 is close nearby, in case some Horde Champion gets some ideas.

To answer your question: No, they shouldn't be punished. They are having fun. You can have fun too, if you want to. Warmode is optional, not having anyone to defend your low-level ass is also optional.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    PVE rewards don't exist, you and your little labels are getting boring
    That’s the kind of unintelligent response I expected from you.

Glad I could end on a high note.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Yea,not sure if your advice "get good" will be helpful for level 20 player who faces fully geared level 120.
    If your dumb enough to get ganked more than a few times it is all on you. You actively have to turn it on. There is no use running to the forums every time a bad person kills you . It makes you look pathetic. Learn to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Another person who wants the reward without the risk. Either suck it up and stop being a crybaby or turn it off. It is that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    The world is and should be a dangerous place.like, use WM at your own risk? you can always disable you know
    This isn't directed at you specifically, there are many players with the same advice.
    Do you really not comprehend that "just turning WM off" will eventually kill all world PvP?

I don't even mind personally, I always thought that WoW isn't a game designed with WPvP in mind and while arenas/BGs are fun, WPvP is not.

But clearly there are people who enjoy it, so I don't see any harm in having it in the game as an opt-in. And in trying to make some improvements that promote reasonable PvP against similarly strong opponents while removing some of the griefing.

It saddens me that the majority of "PvPers" here would rather see it die completely than have griefing against level 20 players removed.
    It kinda confirms my opinion about what "WPvP" is about.

Warmode shouldn't have exp boosts. That's the problem.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas Prime View Post
    We woudlnt have a problem with ganking if blizz would make everyone scale to the zone they are in. Yes, not everybody would like that, but it would help more than it would hurt in my opinion
    People would still gank. It happened all the time at level cap every single expansion. The people being ganked would simply have a fighting chance no matter what level they are. I'm sure the bottom feeders would cry up a storm about a "sense of danger while leveling" or some such bullshit, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post
    This isn't directed at you specifically, there are many players with the same advice.
    Do you really not comprehend that "just turning WM off" will eventually kill all world PvP?

I don't even mind personally, I always thought that WoW isn't a game designed with WPvP in mind and while arenas/BGs are fun, WPvP is not.

But clearly there are people who enjoy it, so I don't see any harm in having it in the game as an opt-in. And in trying to make some improvements that promote reasonable PvP against similarly strong opponents while removing some of the griefing.

It saddens me that the majority of "PvPers" here would rather see it die completely than have griefing against level 20 players removed.
    It kinda confirms my opinion about what "WPvP" is about.
    WM has its own problems but trying to suggest low level ganking will be the overall death of the system is utterly ridiculous.

I think,that people like that druid should be "punished" - they should get debuffs or lose their honor points when they kill low level players. What do you think?
    No. Working as intended. You can always escape. Queue for a dungeon/battleground. Walk to another graveyard. And as always. You signed up to be ganked when you enabled warmode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never been killed more than once by the same player while leveling my alts. Or my main. Or while doing WQs.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Neromius View Post
    Red is dead. How has nobody said this yet?

OT: Warmode is a choice in which you are given an incentive to take a risk. YOU ARE WILLINGLY TAKING THIS RISK. You don't like the result of the risk you took? Do not take that risk again. There are plenty of ways in-game to handle being camped but honestly, it's not worth the effort going over them like other people here have been kind enough to do for you. In the end, you made the choice to take a risk.
    Agree 100%. If you can't handle getting ganked then turn it off.

I think if anything they if you've died to a player X levels above you, they should allow you to turn off WM wherever you are or something, even if for a limited duration.

If you're silly enough to level with WM on, you sort of deserve to be exploited. The bonus isn't worth the annoyance of dealing with people who suck so bad at video games that god-moding through lowbies is their only path to victory.

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    You want the XP boost without any of the drawbacks right???
    Well, the Horde is there for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dremmy View Post
    WM has its own problems but trying to suggest low level ganking will be the overall death of the system is utterly ridiculous.
    It's not low level ganking specifically, just an example of griefing.

I feel the same way about shamans/boomkins camping fly masters knocking you off a cliff before you regain control of you character to die in an area that's not accessible forcing you to take resurrection sickness at the spirit healer for example.

How is that a good game play or healthy for the game? The only reason to do that is to frustrate other players.

I think that limiting griefing and getting more players to participate in WPvP as a result is a worthy goal.
    Campaigning for keeping the option to kill players 100 level lower and similar just sounds counter-intuitive, how could it hurt anyone's experience if players outside of 20 level range of your own were not attackable? (And say you lose this protection if you enter enemy controlled city/zone to prevent some abuse)
    I honestly can't imagine a situation where such a restriction could bother anyone unless you are specifically looking to grieve lowbies.

Ganking complaints: Old since 2004.

I remember back in Vanilla, when people rolled on PvP servers and complained about being corpse-camped for hours in STV... Ahh the good old days.

You have an option: Turn off Warmode. Plain and simple. You also have another option: Move to another zone. With Zone Scaling it's now super easy to find another place to level.

World PvP is World PvP. That's how the game is.

I mean, why would you even turn on Warmode ? It's literally written black on white: Turn this on if you want to experience World PvP. Oh well.

15+ Year Old Account
    The XP boost is not meant to be an incentive, it's supposed to counteract time lost due to PVP occuring.

If a high level player is ganking you, do what people did in the old days: ask other players for help. Get a group, form a defense squad, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Well, the Horde is there for you.
    Yep. Because Alliance players are overwhelmingly afraid of PVP.

If you want carebear happy land, just turn warmode off. It's not hard.

Personally if I'm having problem on an alt I just have my main parked nearby and gank the fuck out of whoever is that bad they need to fight ppl 60+ levels under them. Usually by the fifth kill they leave and don't come back.

Working as intended.

While in other topic people are discussing about the changes in warmode in 8.1., I made this topic,to find out what do you think about the players,who use the warmode to gank low levels for hours.

Recently I started to level my dark iron alt and decided to level him in the Duskwood. Now,before you start yelling "you have a warmode on,what did you expect?", I want to point out one important thing - It's understandable,that you will get killed in the warmode - once or twice,but when a 120 lvl is camping the area for hours,forcing people to bring their mains,gank him and in the minute they relog back,that guy is back and killing low levels,I think,that's quite pathetic. In the end,you are forced to stay online on your main to safeguard the zone instead of actually doing what you want - leveling an alt.

Eventually,it leads people to porting to Stormwind and turning the warmode off - what's the point of having the warmode enabled,if you end up at the graveyard in 10 seconds? And so,people who don't have 120 lvl characters,just port away,disable the warmode and never enable it again - which brings us to the situation,that is being discussed about the buffs for the least represented faction.

I understand,that the World PvP has never been "fair" - no and it won't, and I think,it's fine,when 120 lvl players make raids and raid zones - it's part of world PvP. But when such individuals,who got nothing to do,camp a low level zones for hours - well,that's just pathetic.

I think,that people like that druid should be "punished" - they should get debuffs or lose their honor points when they kill low level players. What do you think?
    the 120 guy is farming honor? I'll plow trough westfall anyday for easy honor tbh . War mode isn't a blizzard +10% free gift , if you sign up for the good you also sign up for the bad.

Should people be punished for participating in an opt-in system, with other people who also opted-in? Hell no.

You wanted PvP, you got it. If you don't want PvP, opt-out. It is as simple as that.

I complained about having to be on a PVP server for YEARS because I despise PvP in WoW, but had to be there because all my friends were. Now that I can opt-out of the shitshow that world PvP has always been my enjoyment of the game has gone up significantly.

No, they shouldn't be punished, but.. I'd like a system similar to how Runescape does it with the Wilderness. You can't attack someone below or above a certain level depending on where you are in the World.