Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    There were paladin tanks outside hyjal trash? News to me.

I have a sneaking suspicion that 90% of the crybabies whining about Prot Warrior play NO OTHER TANKS AT ALL! Sad!
    I play DK and DH, and dabbled in Brewmaster in WoD.

I'm happy you enjoy the GCD-locked, resource-starved gameplay that a Protection warrior now is. We're basically shells of what we were in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Someone bring this up to Alex Afrasiabi. I mean, Furor got Paladins kicked in the testicles before Vanilla launch because he didn't like Paladins outtanking him in EverQuest.

"Furor, why have you abandoned your Warrior brethren? Why do we need to play second fiddle to hybrids? Have you forgotten that we should be the best tanks because we are pure tanks?"
    There were no knight tanks in EverQuest and still aren't to this day. SK/Paladin tanks were for very niche "can't get feared" fights, otherwise never used for more than picking up adds.

Warrior was, and still is, the only way to tank content, so that theory really doesn't hold up.

Deleted
    and yet some grow toxic when declined for my latenite high key pugs...

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    There were no knight tanks in EverQuest and still aren't to this day. SK/Paladin tanks were for very niche "can't get feared" fights, otherwise never used for more than picking up adds.

Warrior was, and still is, the only way to tank content, so that theory really doesn't hold up.
    Hmm, that was the story I always heard. He got extremely buttmad that he was outtanked by a "hybrid" so when he became a WoW designer he wanted to put them in their place.

Anyways, Warrior for life. I recently switched back to my Warrior from my Paladin and oh god it feels so much better even with Arms. Prot too, although I'm waiting for 8.1 to do anything serious with Prot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Hmm, that was the story I always heard. He got extremely buttmad that he was outtanked by a "hybrid" so when he became a WoW designer he wanted to put them in their place.

Anyways, Warrior for life. I recently switched back to my Warrior from my Paladin and oh god it feels so much better even with Arms. Prot too, although I'm waiting for 8.1 to do anything serious with Prot.
    Knights didn't have any useful defensive disciplines, while warriors had two that lasted minutes. If you tried to do the same things with a knight tank, it'd work until it didn't. An enemy would connect with four hits of a quad, divine intervention wouldn't proc, and that would be the conclusion of the encounter.

I'm excited for the changes. Ive been a Hunter for god knows how long and recently lvled a Goblin Warrior for some twink pvp only to now realize I actually really fking enjoy playing Fury and Prot - working on getting it to 120! Hopefully in time for 8.1!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acog View Post
    I find it completely ridiculous we'll have to wait until 8.1 to become viable. I personally have stopped playing my warrior and now main a DK. But I'd really like to play my MAIN again....

They cant just hot fix a few small things to make it a little better until then? They completely botched Prot warrior, and they are just gonna leave it like this for an entire tier? That's crazy....

Before you "DEFENDERS OF PROT WARRIOR" come knocking. I'm aware prot can still tank, I'm more then capable of tanking all content. Its just far behind all the others, and you're putting your self at a disadvantage by playing prot warrior right now. So please, keep your BuT pRoT iS GuUuD yUo jUsT SuCk posts out of here. =D
    Actually not sure I am staying subbed for 8.1 even tho it's launching in a week.

Nothing really interesting to do right now, nothing interesting coming. BfA is far way from my expectations for an epic expansion.

Plus the disappointment with unkept promises to Warriors and Shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    Very sad when they will hotfix the corgi goggles immediately but wont for few minor changes to a spec.
    "just wait for X.Y" is a great way to keep subs for longer than they woudl otherwise. This game is all about the carrot on the stick.

Deleted
    There is pretty much no carrot on that stick though. There was only the slightest bit of it early on but it got consumed pretty fast and people left right after. This "hotfix" is nice but too little too late as far as I'm concerned.

Good thing I don't rely on blizzard for that proverbial carrot or l would have starved a few months ago.

I would feel for ya OP but I "want" to play my enhance shaman. Appears though that is just being kicked down the road again though, so much for being fixed in 8.1
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

10+ Year Old Account
    But...but...Blood DK got nerfed! According to some people on the forums Blood's nerf is your buff!

(In case you didn't guess I was being sarcastic and I'm not stupid enough to think that a nerf to another class is meant to be a buff to someone else)

All I can say is welcome to the club, seems to be Blizzards answer to everything these day..."Your class sucks, well today is your lucky day!" they buff a few numbers and apparently to them that means all better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    I would feel for ya OP but I "want" to play my enhance shaman. Appears though that is just being kicked down the road again though, so much for being fixed in 8.1
    Just unsubscribe like >30% of the player already have since launch of BFA. Sure the next patch will entertain you for 1 additional month, but there are more entertaining games for 13 Dollar on steam then WoW. No reason to play a bad game.

Lol hol up. Surely game isn't in it's best shape but lets not compare it to your average steam greenlight bullshit. and that's prob all you are gonna get for 13 bucks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dwarfeckiy View Post
    Lol hol up. Surely game isn't in it's best shape but lets not compare it to your average steam greenlight bullshit. and that's prob all you are gonna get for 13 bucks
    Actual currently you get:
    Far Cry 4
    Dishonored 2
    Prey (15 bucks)

If you grap good offers you can get Witcher 3, Nier:Automata or Nioh for less then 15 bucks.

Edit; Oh and the new Path of Exile Season just startet.
    Last edited by mmocc439c57469; 2018-12-07 at 12:08 PM.

And any relevant games that were not released year or two ago?

Except PoE maybe, you got me there.

I hate how all this "we aint viable" shit is around all the time. I raided as feral at start of Xpack and now. We had a prot warrior as our maintank all the way to Zul mythic before he had to quit raiding due to work. Warriors aint the most OP no. But there not dead in the water. you just need to adapt and change things. I think our healers found our DH tank harder to keep alive then our warrior...

The whole point is that prot warrior has little to no utility in his arsenal. No one said he was made of paper or anything, cause he certainly isn't. Just no stuff to stack mobs together or keep them away from yourself. (Something warrior desperately needs considering gaps in mitigation.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    I hate how all this "we aint viable" shit is around all the time. I raided as feral at start of Xpack and now. We had a prot warrior as our maintank all the way to Zul mythic before he had to quit raiding due to work. Warriors aint the most OP no. But there not dead in the water. you just need to adapt and change things. I think our healers found our DH tank harder to keep alive then our warrior...
    It was explained before and the only part to agree with.

Prot Warrior is unforgiving compared to other tanks, well bear dudu is around the same level also after Legion.

If a Prot Warrior fucks up a bit, its really hard to recover compared to other tanks.

Combine that with the new (old) mentality of dungeons/mythic plus to every pack having 10 spells to counter when everyone got used to the 1-3 spells to counter Legion mentality and you get Protection Warrior tears.

Also with the retardation of GCD which makes you literally decide "Survive the next second or produce threat".

Most problems are actually fixed in 8.1, the people crying are the usual people that "I WANT TO BE THE BEST WITHOUT TRYING LIKE <insert class they thing is OP>"

Thats the only actual problem, the rest is just usual people crying about MDI balance while they are trying to finish their +5 on time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Most problems are actually fixed in 8.1, the people crying are the usual people that "I WANT TO BE THE BEST WITHOUT TRYING LIKE <insert class they thing is OP>"
    You really think it was right to wait 4 month to get buffs that should have come in a hotfix?

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeBit View Post
    You really think it was right to wait 4 month to get buffs that should have come in a hotfix?
    Why would it matter, i mean there are problems with the class, but the mass complaining does not come from people like me, i will just adapt and go with the flow.

As i said at the post above, sure Prot needed some fixes but forums make it sound like they cant even complete a M+10, which for the last 2 months the HP bar barely moves at most times with a competent group.

The problem has been and always will be the community.

Random player that does LFR cant complete M+5 spams the forums about "tank balance" because he saw the MDI tank doing something.

It also helps that after 15 years i really dont give a fuck as much as i used to and since i can complete a 10-13 without a problem i couldnt care less.