Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crashandburn View Post
    You wont think the same if you were that pawn. Clearly, your life has been spared of war, poverty, subjugation from stronger powers.
    I have a sad history lesson for you, the strong have subjugated the weak since the dawn of life, and will continue to do so until the last living creature disappears from the universe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    More please! Give me more nothing!
    I have given you matches, tinder, dry twigs and wood. I will not light the fire for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    I have a sad history lesson for you, the strong have subjugated the weak since the dawn of life, and will continue to do so until the last living creature disappears from the universe.

- - - Updated - - -

I have given you matches, tinder, dry twigs and wood. I will not light the fire for you.
    DA END JUSTIFY DA MEANS DERES MY ANSWER I SED U CANT COMPREHEND DURHUR. Maybe if you said it like that I could of understood better with my stoopid brain. No substance at all.

And like the other guy said, go live ina country that has been ravaged by the US and tell me the same story. You poor naive sweet summer child. Either that or sociopathic.
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2018-11-27 at 06:18 AM.

What's with the low level playground philosophy here? Well duh, strong are stronger than weak, more news at 11. Somehow I don't hear the everyday news of how, I don't know, France took over Monako because fuck yeah, let's dominate them. US could bomb the living fuck out of Mexico at any point of time just to have more land, for some reason they don't do it. And no UN or NATO would do anything, in the "strung against wek" world they do not exist, they were freaking created to prevent its existance.

Is this something people just want to see happen? Scenario where Russia just feels like "yeah, I guess we are stronger so let's go" and takes over everything in its path, recreating USSR and possibly starting the whole "Cold war scenario" anew? Because fist pumpingly cheering "Yeah, fuck the weaker losers!" while Russia takes bite after bite of a sovereign country with no one able to stop it is leading to that. And I don't think having Putin and Trump close to big red buttons during such a scenario is a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    DA END JUSTIFY DA MEANS DERES MY ANSWER I SED U CANT COMPREHEND DURHUR. Maybe if you said it like that I could of understood better with my stoopid brain. No substance at all.
    I said far more than that, but you are unable to see it because of your biases.
    The difference between a masterpiece marble sculpture and a pile of rubble may be but a single missed stroke, so to is the difference between potential ends. Uless of course you are a fool who only desired rubble to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    What's with the low level playground philosophy here? Well duh, strong are stronger than weak, more news at 11. Somehow I don't hear the everyday news of how, I don't know, France took over Monako because fuck yeah, let's dominate them. US could bomb the living fuck out of Mexico at any point of time just to have more land, for some reason they don't do it. And no UN or NATO would do anything, in the "strung against wek" world they do not exist, they were freaking created to prevent its existance.

Is this something people just want to see happen? Scenario where Russia just feels like "yeah, I guess we are stronger so let's go" and takes over everything in its path, recreating USSR and possibly starting the whole "Cold war scenario" anew? Because fist pumpingly cheering "Yeah, fuck the weaker losers!" while Russia takes bite after bite of a sovereign country with no one able to stop it is leading to that. And I don't think having Putin and Trump close to big red buttons during such a scenario is a good idea.
    Cost benefit analysis, the US would lose more than it would gain by invading Mexico.

The UN was based on the strong controlling the weak, the victors of WWII are the only ones who have veto power in the UN after all....

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post

Iraq, Syria, Libya, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Yugoslavia

Nuking Japan

I said far more than that, but you are unable to see it because of your biases.
    The difference between a masterpiece marble sculpture and a pile of rubble may be but a single missed stroke, so to is the difference between potential ends. Uless of course you are a fool who only desired rubble to begin with.
    So you are fine with Russia doing what they're doing? They are looking after their self interests just like the US has been for several decades, just without the subtlety. If you're answer is anything but yes you're a hypocrite, if it's a no you're a special kind of special. And no you didn't answer and if anyone else in this thread can decipher this answer he gave me I'd love to hear it. How about you quote me where you wrote it, will take you 5 seconds. 5 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you are fine with Russia doing what they're doing? They are looking after their self interests just like the US has been for several decades, just without the subtlety. If you're answer is anything but yes you're a hypocrite, if it's a no you're a special kind of special. And no you didn't answer and if anyone else in this thread can decipher this answer he gave me I'd love to hear it. How about you quote me where you wrote it, will take you 5 seconds. 5 seconds.
    I am an unashamed ultra-state-ist, so by definition, I oppose what Russia did as it weakened the US.

"The ends justify the means when the ends are correct. When you act without though to grand strategy, the ends are rarely correct."
    I support actions that make the US stronger, power comes in many forms. I also oppose actions taken by the US that weaken our power.

I am an unashamed ultra-state-ist, so by definition, I oppose what Russia did as it weakened the US.

"The ends justify the means when the ends are correct. When you act without though to grand strategy, the ends are rarely correct."
    I support actions that make the US stronger, power comes in many forms. I also oppose actions taken by the US that weaken our power.
    A very naive and immature way to see the things. You need t broaden your horizons and see the death and destruction your strength has paid for. You make me sick.

10+ Year Old Account
    A very naive and immature way to see the things. You need t broaden your horizons and see the death and destruction your strength has paid for. You make me sick.
    I studied international conflict resolution in college actually, I am fully capable of understanding the cost-benefit balance of all forms of power. I also know that the use of one form of power can lead to greater loss of other forms of power if not properly balanced. Can you say the same?

I studied international conflict resolution in college actually, I am fully capable of understanding the cost-benefit balance of all forms of power. I also know that the use of one form of power can lead to greater loss of other forms of power if not properly balanced. Can you say the same?
    You spent tens of thousands of dollars to come up with that naive and sociopathic rhetoric? Money well spent I see. Plenty of doctors can get their degree and still be shit at their job, rather than a degree any monkey can get show me the WORK you've done to do with it. No one cares if you get a phd in physics until you can put it to use and discover something.

10+ Year Old Account
    You spent tens of thousands of dollars to come up with that naive and sociopathic rhetoric? Money well spent I see. Plenty of doctors can get their degree and still be shit at their job, rather than a degree any monkey can get show me the WORK you've done to do with it. No one cares if you get a phd in physics until you can put it to use and discover something.
    It is neither naive nor sociopathic. You are using your biases to ignore what I actually said because it does not fit your narrative.

Here is a hint, answer the question on what action the US has taken internationally that I have said I believe the ends justified the means.

It is neither naive nor sociopathic. You are using your biases to ignore what I actually said because it does not fit your narrative.

Here is a hint, answer the question on what action the US has taken internationally that I have said I believe the ends justified the means.
    "Anything that makes the US stronger". Fun fact, did you know the US knew the Japanese were preparing to surrender before dropping the second atomic bomb? There was a lot of people not wanting to but obviously someone high up wanted to drop it anyway. Figured I'd give you that example as someone mentioned the nuke attack previously. It strengthened the US position globally, by your logic that too is justified?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Anything that makes the US stronger". Fun fact, did you know the US knew the Japanese were preparing to surrender before dropping the second atomic bomb? There was a lot of people not wanting to but obviously someone high up wanted to drop it anyway. Figured I'd give you that example as someone mentioned the nuke attack previously. It strengthened the US position globally, by your logic that too is justified?
    And what have I said made the US stronger?

The status of Japan's intention to surrender prior to the use of atomic weapons is a debate that is not settled. Under the prevailing acceptance of strategic bombing at the time, it was no worse than, say, the bombing of Tokyo. Given the dynamics at that time, it was an acceptable action. Under the realities of today, there is no justification for the offensive use of nuclear weapons, and the defensive use would be viable only under very limited circumstances. Morality is fluid, and often contradictory.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fun fact, did you know the US knew the Japanese were preparing to surrender before dropping the second atomic bomb?
    Repeating a common myth doesn't make it a fact nor fun.

They were not preparing to surrender, they were attempting to negotiate an end to hostilities that allowed them to keep shit, it's not the same. They still refused an unconditional (proper) surrender until they had been nuked twice and the USSR had invaded them.

The idea that the Japanese Empire would be given preferential treatment by the USA compared to Germany after committing more heinous crimes and being the Axis nation that initially sneak attacked the USA is just comical.
    Last edited by caervek; 2018-11-27 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    And what were the results, again?
    A Russian rigged Crimean referendum. The sort you'd expect from an extremely corrupt country;

2014 Crimea referendum fraud:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidad.../#53ab96146d41
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.06890eaf2e96
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimea...ferendum,_2014

Corruption:
    https://themoscowtimes.com/news/acce...suggests-63193
    https://www.csce.gov/international-i...ussia-overview
    https://www.transparency.org/country/RUS

Transparent voting boxes!!! WTF man! Shit nation Russia man, wtf...!!! Russia is an insult to humanity.

Last edited by Adolecent; 2018-11-27 at 09:26 AM.
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

Deleted
    It's fascinating to me how people keep refering to this as a complicated conflict. Sure, it may be somewhat complicated in how it plays out and why it happens, but at the core there is nothing complicated; Russia has invaded a foreign nation and is waging war on it.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Repeating a common myth doesn't make it a fact nor fun.

They were not preparing to surrender, they were attempting to negotiate an end to hostilities that allowed them to keep shit, it's not the same. They still refused an unconditional (proper) surrender until they had been nuked twice and the USSR had invaded them.

The idea that the Japanese Empire would be given preferential treatment by the USA compared to Germany after committing more heinous crimes and being the Axis nation that initially sneak attacked the USA is just comical.
    You are correct, I was mistaken about that.

Saw this on reddit, I think Putin reads this before bed every night: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Founda...of_Geopolitics
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2018-11-27 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    A Russian rigged Crimean referendum. The sort you'd expect from an extremely corrupt country;

2014 Crimea referendum fraud:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidad.../#53ab96146d41
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.06890eaf2e96
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimea...ferendum,_2014

Corruption:
    https://themoscowtimes.com/news/acce...suggests-63193
    https://www.csce.gov/international-i...ussia-overview
    https://www.transparency.org/country/RUS

Transparent voting boxes!!! WTF man! Shit nation Russia man, wtf...!!! Russia is an insult to humanity.

And I'm sure you have proof of your accusations and aren't just spouting what the media fed you? Crimeans wanted to seperate from the Ukraine for a long time. You can look that up ín the same wikipedia article you linked. And with the UN deciding that all people have a right to declare their independance during the seperation of Kosovo from Serbia, I really don't see any scenario where Crimeas ownership will change any time soon. EU doesn't have the teeth to do anything, and the US has no interest. Way more money in letting Russia keep its newest addition than going to war over it.

Look at all the shit that happened the past years. The Netherlands made huge accusations of consecutive proof that Russia shot down that civilian plane over the Ukraine, and what happened? Nothing. No proof was presented, either, btw. Remember the journalist that faked his death earlier this year, who said Puting had put a hit on him? Nothing came out of this either.

The very simple 'truth' behind it is that Poroshenko is doing very poorly, and needs to create drama to keep his position. Russia is the obvious 'bad guy' to point at. I'm not saying Russia hasn't given the Ukraine more than enough grievance in the past, btw. But look at how fast congress were willing to declare martial law, barely 24 hours have passed. No international inquiery, nothing. Just two nations with dozens of reasons to lie telling different stories.
    Last edited by Skulltaker; 2018-11-27 at 10:17 AM.

Transiting through water that is legally yours != crossing sea border of another country.......
    Sure, mr I-know-everything, the thing is they crossed the border that was there even BEFORE Crimea shenanigans. You people amaze me, you don't know shit, but always so opinionated about everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I love the fact that so many Russia bots that have laid dormant since the Ukraine threads only to activate for these boat incident threads lol.
    Sure, everyone who disagrees with you is a clear russian troll/bot. Damn, how easy it is for you.

I hope for the trollfarm employees that they pay for overtime...