Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I think there is a problem in perception. Developers bring out a game and players pay to play it. But since a few years, it looks to me that players think they pay to have developers make a game. And it is getting worse when the game shares something with an earlier game. I remember quite a shit show, when nightelves where introduced in WC3. Or about forsaken being a playable race in WoW.
    When developers take existing material and make a new game out of it, most of the time it's okay. But god beware if they decide to add material (like important NPCs or new storylines). Or if they remove material.
    A new game could say "Hey, remember what you learned about the story in the last game? Guess what, you're character was misinformed, in reality this and that is different". People wouldn't see it as a new twist or added information, they would see it as "developer rapes story".
    I have seen it quite often, players take information their character in a game receives as the ultimate truth and don't reflect on it. Then, when the "truth" comes out, the go apeshit about it. It seems not possible that you don't get all the information or that you have been giving false information or something.
    Take blizzard for example. It doesn't matter that the next diablo is a mobile game. It matters that it isn't a game like before. The next diablo could be a cross between Fallout 3 and Dark Souls and people would be mad about it not being like either of those and for not being like the old diablo games.

People think the pay for a product so they own future production.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmalta View Post
    Yeah, no, you're paying for what they make you. If you dont like it, dont pay for it. But they dont owe you shit but a game you can play.

Also, "rose tinted glasses" applies to gaming and is a real thing.. its a thing people experience often in all aspects of life.
    Saturday a friend of mine visits. We haven't seen each other for about 8 years. We will go to an event hosted by a former bar we regularly visited. Since the bar closed down, the owner organizes concerts and other events. We will try it out to see if it's like the past. I guess it won't. I know, I have nostalgic feelings for the time. I am wearing rose tinted glasses. Still, I guess we will have fun.
    Last edited by Naramag; 2018-11-27 at 06:29 AM.