Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Up until now I haven't even realized the "rise of women" in WoW. You know why? Because it doesn't matter if it's a male or female. They are characters and personalities, their gender is of NO importance. Seriously, I think the best solution is to just make all characters genderless so people can stop wasting time/thoughts on this absolutely pathetic topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Excerion View Post
    Have you been living under a rock the past month? They said that DURING BLIZZCON.
    They said they were going to change the appearances of certain locations, and the Culling of Stratholme trailer implied they were going to rerecord lines with the voice actors from WoW. As far as I'm aware, they did not mention anything about an increased focus on "secondary characters" or having Golden "clean up" the dialogue.

Having different voice actors was bad enough. I really don't want anyone currently involved with the writing in WoW to go anywhere near the original story and/or dialogue of WarCraft III.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Yeah they've always been around but now they've doubled down and added even more (Princess Talanji for example). You also have Christie Golden basically leading the story writing and we all know she wants to push the narrative. To have all of them at the same time, while Golden, while she goes on her Burning Crusade with her feminine hero Manduin is highly on the nose.

Also, the fact they have asked Golden to "repair" the WC3 dialogue is going to make it even worse. Expect her to shit on the story even more
    "THEY ADDED A FEMALE CHARECTER, THIS IS FEMALE BIAS!!!"

Yes we so happen to have an expansion with a few female leads...
    but how many MANY expansions have we had where its literally entirely male leads, can we not have atleast some females for once?
    im not for forcing females in the spotlight, but just as often or atleast abit closer to how often males are the lead...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Golden is the new main writer for anything WOW related, it seems.

Oh, well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I don't like hearing how they plan to ''fix'' WC3. Why fix something that is already a masterpiece??
    So we can virtue signal in past !

>No remade cinematics
    >Golden

Boy im glad my fanboyism didnt get the best of me and i didnt preorder

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "THEY ADDED A FEMALE CHARECTER, THIS IS FEMALE BIAS!!!"

Yes we so happen to have an expansion with a few female leads...
    but how many MANY expansions have we had where its literally entirely male leads, can we not have atleast some females for once?
    im not for forcing females in the spotlight, but just as often or atleast abit closer to how often males are the lead...
    That's not the point though, its the motivation behind the female leads that I don't like. As much as they want to spin it, it's not organic...

Articles like this reinforce it, having an 'inclusion' stage at blizzcon reinforces it, Christie Golden champions it.

Lets just hope she doesn't fuck my beloved WC3

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    That's not the point though, its the motivation behind the female leads that I don't like. As much as they want to spin it, it's not organic...

Articles like this reinforce it, having an 'inclusion' stage at blizzcon reinforces it, Christie Golden champions it.

Lets just hope she doesn't fuck my beloved WC3
    The motivation behind the female leads? what do you mean
    jaina is finally getting revenge on the horde, and helping her people
    talanji is a princess who is helping her people
    tyrande is getting revenge on the horde and recapturing darkshore

what is there not to understand?
    other then sylvanas, which seems odd, but we will have to wait till the full story fufills as to see why.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Is it just me that's actually excited to see them develop more story for Jaina/Sylvanas for reforged? They're great characters, Jaina has always been my favourite since the old WC days so more story for her is fine by me.

As for hating on the writing for WoW, I actually don't have a problem with it. The story in BfA so far has been about the only aspect of the content that I've actually felt was strong. Warfronts, M+, islands, WQ, Azerite gear all suck atm but leveling and going through the zones and stories was really fun. Yeah there are plot holes and bits that don't make complete sense but that's what happens when you have so many people working on a project this large. Hell even a lot of Tolkiens work is full of holes and he's considered the grand master of fantasy writing.

Honestly until its out I'm going to stay excited about it. If it comes out and turns out to be shit then yeah I'll join in the complaining but complaining about it before anyones even played it is pretty stupid. And if your reason for hating it or BfA is because they want to flesh out strong female characters, then holy shit get over it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Well basically they corrupt Warcraft 3 with Goldie and todays "strong women" focus to make this a game about Silvanas / Jaina.

No thanks.
    Yeah, Transgenders are getting strong nowadays. Pushing their trash. I miss the real females who needed a strong, self-conscious, leading man. The ones who made men's home warm.

Trashing Christie Golden seems to have become a rite of passage for a lot of people. With that attitude you have pre-judged any changes made. I wonder if they had said Chris Metzen was coming back to lead the changes in dialogue if anything would have been said. Or if they had just not said anything if you would have noticed some big departure. I say wait and see before starting the "hang Christie Golden" mantra.

Feminazi culture trying to find dark and light stories to promote their views ...there isn’t a story to begin with Blizzard here, in all their franchizes there’s good representation of men and women- as villains and heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    Trashing Christie Golden seems to have become a rite of passage for a lot of people. With that attitude you have pre-judged any changes made. I wonder if they had said Chris Metzen was coming back to lead the changes in dialogue if anything would have been said. Or if they had just not said anything if you would have noticed some big departure. I say wait and see before starting the "hang Christie Golden" mantra.
    It's because Christie Golden is a shit-level writer and has been the worst thing to happen to WoW since patch 6.0. Metzen was actually a good creative director who led WoW through many glorious moments. Funny how as soon as Golden signs on, we have the expansion with the WORST FUCKING STORY IN WARCRAFT HISTORY. So, yes. Golden is going to shit all over Reforged just like she did with BfA. This is the same living trash that gave worgen tails.

The cartoon absolutely nailed it.

I honestly do not understand why everyone blames Golden when the story has been in the works for years...

Story being organic? Sure doesn't feel that way with the way Sylvanis is being handled. I like her as the next guy but she's turning into another Garrosh or into another Kerrighan.

Quote Originally Posted by davidcryix View Post
    Give me a break, dude. Jaina, Sylvannas, Azshara, Tyrande are all about as OG as it gets in Warcraft. Unless Blizzard used time travel to seed WC3 with just enough women so that a whole generation later, they could spend one expansion's worth of time on letting them shine, I think you're reaching
    I think that Sylvanas 1v1'ing Malfurion ez is a new thing though, that's not something that was built for years

And I think nobody here is really complaining about Jaina, Sylvanas, Azshara or Tyrande. But introducing Rastakhan for the sole purpose of pitifully getting rid of him to promote his pristine flawless Talanji, this is shoehorned.

If they're qualified, then congrats to them for moving up. If they're not qualified and were promoted or hired for those positions for "affirmative action", then fuck 'em, they're not worth what they're getting paid because they aren't qualified.

I'm ready to see what Arizona Bay looks like. Can we just blow the fault line already?
    Last edited by Surreality; 2018-11-27 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    I think the main problem is that she is a neo marxist feminist, or radical feminist, whatever you want to call it. Things like her talking on twitter, about how Anduin and Thrall are an example of "non toxic masculinity", or the ridiculous line in the Before the Storm novel where she wrote Sylvanas thinking something like "She knew that she was the first female warchief, and she was proud of it"...because you know...the woman that was the commander of the high elf army for thousands of years, now the leader of an entire race, would obviously care about positions of power not being occupied by females...right? we all know about the rampant misogyny in Warcraft, right?...Jesus Christ...

The worst thing for me is that I love how Christie Golden writes, her dialogs are great, when you read her works you feel like you are reading two friends talking, if that makes sense, her dialogs are really natural, but she fucked it up with her ideology, she is bringing her poisonous radical ideology to Warcraft, and now the doors are open, she already tainted the story, so from now on, people will be skeptic about her in everything she touches. It's sad, but she was the one that started this whole mess, and I doubt that it will change any time soon, I still have hope tho.

I'm really hoping they do a full cinematic for Arthas vs. Illidan, since they always said they meant for it to be a cinematic, but ended up with that short cut scene instead, which left a lot of us thinking Illidan had died