Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It's because Christie Golden is a shit-level writer and has been the worst thing to happen to WoW since patch 6.0. Metzen was actually a good creative director who led WoW through many glorious moments. Funny how as soon as Golden signs on, we have the expansion with the WORST FUCKING STORY IN WARCRAFT HISTORY. So, yes. Golden is going to shit all over Reforged just like she did with BfA. This is the same living trash that gave worgen tails.
    LOL.......

i mean i not defending Golden, but back in the day of Metzen ppl critic him bc Green Jesus.

WoW community become the most terrrible community out there when it come about story and lore, bc of some reazon they think they own it.
    If they get something they dont like they just QQ like baby

Im glad they making W3 more in line with wow bc the game was super diconnect in some part, not big one but it feel wierd. Now it will be a proper past for wow.

Ppl need to accept the future and stop crying like babies.

Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post
    LOL.......

i mean i not defending Golden, but back in the day of Metzen ppl critic him bc Green Jesus.

WoW community become the most terrrible community out there when it come about story and lore, bc of some reazon they think they own it.

Im glad they making W3 more in line with wow bc the game was super diconnect in some part, not big one but it feel wierd. Now it will be a proper past for wow.

I'd be fine with them changing some of WCIII if fucking Golden wasn't the one shitting all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by dranlord View Post
    LOL.......

"It is what it is" is a terrible excuse for ignorance and stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    "The rise of female characters was not done on purpose. It happened organically as the story progressed and wasn't a marketing angle"

I think my bullshit meter just exploded
    I don't recall Yrel doing anything important besides attacking my ears during the Archimonde fight or injuring Blackhand during a cinematic. She was completely useless and added nothing to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "THEY ADDED A FEMALE CHARECTER, THIS IS FEMALE BIAS!!!"

Yes we so happen to have an expansion with a few female leads...
    but how many MANY expansions have we had where its literally entirely male leads, can we not have atleast some females for once?
    im not for forcing females in the spotlight, but just as often or atleast abit closer to how often males are the lead...
    well, up until the end of cata, there wen't really any strong characters period. There were faction leaders, but those were mostly there to be killed during city raids. In MoP, I didn't really play horde, but iirc it was mostly thrall and garrosh (and we all know how those two ended up), while alliance got 2 prominent female characters (wink wink). In WoD, as Alliance you end up with a female tagalong that you got to boost to become the leader of her people. On Horde side I can't recall anything similar. Both Alliance females basically skipped legion, while horde had their only female leader appointed as warchief. So yeah, if you count faction leaders as leads, sure, but ever since wow became story driven, it's been mostly female, or pretty much female at most.
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2018-11-27 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    Trashing Christie Golden seems to have become a rite of passage for a lot of people. With that attitude you have pre-judged any changes made. I wonder if they had said Chris Metzen was coming back to lead the changes in dialogue if anything would have been said. Or if they had just not said anything if you would have noticed some big departure. I say wait and see before starting the "hang Christie Golden" mantra.
    Regardless of who is doing it, I don't feel any changes are needed for the dialogue, story, or characters, period. They didn't change any of that for the StarCraft remaster, why is it necessary for WarCraft III?

Also, you seem to have missed, or don't remember, the jokes about Metzen's "green Jesus". People have been complaining about WoW's story, myself included, long before Golden was as involved as she is currently.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Ass and Titties I’m talking bout asss and titties. https://youtu.be/h_4aaqMNLck

5+ Year Old Account
    Why change anything in the original story and dialogue? I don't understand this at all.

Did they not learn from George Lucas' "fine" example of the Special Editions of the original Star Wars movies?

I for one think that the Warcraft universe has done a fine job of keeping both male and female lore characters front and center with a nice NATURAL and ORGANIC fit in the story. That Forbes question is such a lame bait question.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varleen View Post
    I don't recall Yrel doing anything important besides attacking my ears during the Archimonde fight or injuring Blackhand during a cinematic. She was completely useless and added nothing to the story.
    I agree, out of all of the characters of the WoD xpac, she felt the most forced.

As for Christie Golden, I think that her writing/writing style is done well in most cases. However, I believe the feminist ideology she forces into the game is a hindrance more than anything.

Isn't the way to develop a character well accomplished by "showing" and not "telling" the reader/player?

Pushing a character through a slog of events quickly, no matter how actually plausible, is only another way of "telling" the reader about a character instead of "showing".

None of the writers are immune to this, but let's step up the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    All dialogue is being rerecorded and utilizing the voice actors from WoW.
    Fuck sake. Arthas' Warcraft 3 voice actor was so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Fuck sake. Arthas' Warcraft 3 voice actor was so much better.
    Unfortunately, they burned that bridge all the way back in Wrath of the Lich King.

Though, given how they have a weird tendency to randomly recast people anyway, even when the original voice actor is talking about how they are available on social media, there's a good chance we probably would have gotten someone different as Arthas regardless.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    I think the main problem is that she is a neo marxist feminist, or radical feminist, whatever you want to call it. Things like her talking on twitter, about how Anduin and Thrall are an example of "non toxic masculinity", or the ridiculous line in the Before the Storm novel where she wrote Sylvanas thinking something like "She knew that she was the first female warchief, and she was proud of it"...because you know...the woman that was the commander of the high elf army for thousands of years, now the leader of an entire race, would obviously care about positions of power not being occupied by females...right? we all know about the rampant misogyny in Warcraft, right?...Jesus Christ...

The worst thing for me is that I love how Christie Golden writes, her dialogs are great, when you read her works you feel like you are reading two friends talking, if that makes sense, her dialogs are really natural, but she fucked it up with her ideology, she is bringing her poisonous radical ideology to Warcraft, and now the doors are open, she already tainted the story, so from now on, people will be skeptic about her in everything she touches. It's sad, but she was the one that started this whole mess, and I doubt that it will change any time soon, I still have hope tho.

I'm personally fine with Golden writing. That said, I appreciate this comment since instead of just mindlessly joining in the hate wagon without any personal examples to back it up (since most probably don't actually have any), you actually gave a solid, intelligent example. Well done.

Christie Golden will be polishing dialogue, so expect:

King Menethil: Hey, what's that? What's the happy hap son, mkay?
    Arthas: I'm succeeding you, dad, okay?
    King: Okay!

She keeps stuffing modern expressions into a fantasy dialogue and she has no idea about dialogue development. The characters she writes can go from an angry emotion to an agreeable emotion in one sentence. Good thing only few of us left are actually reading quests and paying attention to dialogues in WoW, but I fear what she'll do to "polish" dialogues in War3.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Que the incel shitstorm.
    Incels don't exist, it is just sad men who were not taught that women can also be assholes when they were young and harbor anger towards them for failed relationships or being "friendzoned".

Even if it is forced, honestly, I never minded all three warbringers being female characters, because they're three characters that have had an influence and real involvement in the story since the Warcraft RTS games. Yrel was pretty garbage. I'm glad she isn't as prominent as the other three this time around -- big mistake that'd be. Even though they're the warbringers, if I'm being completely honest, this story's had way more involvement with troll princess, Rexxar, Bwonsamdi and Saurfang than our "main" three from the Horde end. It's not like everywhere I look it's some Vagina Mongolue-fueled estrogen-powered rant about how men are ruining Azeroth or something crazy, it's a pretty reasonable story so far. They still have time to mess it up, but their main three are almost too big to fail, unless of course they Green Jesus Jaina and Garrosh Sylvanas, then haha Blizzard does it again bravo.

This rise in female characters was not done on purpose. It happened organically as the story progressed and wasn't a marketing angle
    That is false. I'd have to search through the right folder for source but no, they said diversity was their goal, it started in legion and they feel there is more they can do (of course, there is no ending when it comes to this belief system), for women in WoW.

"The team doesn't necessarily believe that they have to balance the story about how many main characters are of each gender. They just want to tell interesting stories that players care about."

But muh male entitlement to be represented the most!!!!

There's nothing feminist nor empowering about the female characters, they're as damaged as any other.

So much for gamers being sexist like the dumb leftist narritive will have you believe. Women rising to power organically, everyone loving it and no one minding it is women.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Warcraft III Reforged! /clap

Thank you, chaud! I know it came late, but I still appreciate it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Solamon View Post
    I'm really hoping they do a full cinematic for Arthas vs. Illidan, since they always said they meant for it to be a cinematic, but ended up with that short cut scene instead, which left a lot of us thinking Illidan had died
    I believe someone mentioned at BlizzCon that it would be redone, since it was a cutscene. I don't have a source, it's just something I remember hearing.

EDIT: The amount of people already claiming Christie will 'ruin' Warcraft III is hilarious. Y'all need to take a fucking chill pill for a moment. Keep in mind that old voice lines and old dialogue will still be an option for you to enable in-game if you want to keep the previous ones. You don't need to listen to the new voice lines or dialogue. They already said this.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2018-11-27 at 03:24 PM.

WarCraft has never been about Gender. It has always and forever will be about Race / Species.