Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Tinkerer please. Able to tank inside a tank, ranged DPS, and heal. Wears mail armor.

1. The collector : more collection tabs than other classes / +5% loot when soloing old raids / -20% transmog cost.

2. The casual : 50% chance to spawn a new WQ when completing one / +10% damage/healing in queueable content.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Me le say some kind of mail ranger with 3 cool speces.

1. Warden - melee dps using glaive

2. Void ranger - ranged dps weapons

3. I don't know
    dark/light ranger.

makes a lot of sense in combination with forsaken / lightforged nightelves

also its edgy like hell so people would defo buy into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    The main problem with Tinkers is that they would probably suffer from the same niche appeal as Monks. Especially if they're Goblin/Gnome focused.

Not saying it won't happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to go with something more fanservicey.
    Definitely Goblin/Gnome focused... but a few other races fit with it too. Draenei are very technologically adept, that would include them and Lightforged. Dwarves, especially Dark Irons are known for their mechanical engineering skills.

Horde races might be a little harder to stretch... but at least Blood Elves/Nightborne with the golems are tech adept. Undead would probably work too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    Tinkerer please. Able to tank inside a tank, ranged DPS, and heal. Wears mail armor.
    Not sure how a tinker would heal... sounds more like the Alchemist hero from WC3. I suppose a Tinker could mix those two heroes together.

As for armor classification, i think it would make more sense for Blizzard to get rid of mail altogether. Shaman can be Cloth and Hunters can be leather... Tinker should be Plate.

Tinker is too obvious now

With the introduction to Mechagnomes and a whole Mechagnome city its so painfully obvious now

The thing with Tinker is that it can cover all specs be it Range, Melee, Heal or tank and it can be like a Iron Man suit in a steampunk way so it can look like steampunk Plate armour.

Yes i know we have too many plate classes but with PL now a thing its not like you have to worry about rolling against other plate for gear!

will be a mail wearer with a tank spec for sure, I suspect that Island Alliance NPC could be the proto-type for tinker

15+ Year Old Account
    The only full Classes I think will ever make sense adding to WoW are:
    • Necromancer = Shadow + Bone (Physical damage) + destructible CC (bone prison, bone wall, etc) + Undeath (skeletons/ghosts) + Curses
    • Dark Ranger = (Mail Armor + Bow/Xbow/Dagger) Petless Hunter/Assassin/Necro hybrid
    • Tinkerer = (Mail Armor + 2H Gun + 2H Mace) Gadgets, Robots, Mechs and Explosions! More Explosions!
    • Gunner = (Mail Armor + 2H Gun + 1H Guns)

Warden, Shadow Hunter, Bladedancer, Spell Breaker, Berserker and so on will only ever make sense as Classes (or Multi-class Specs) if Blizzard grows the balls to handle Faction-specific Classes again.
    I think it's doable, but the way they handle balancing shows me they are not up for the task.

Other than that, only additional Specs make sense, such as:
    • With Gunner and 1H Guns we would probably see Outlaw split into 2 specs - Swashbuckler (Melee+Gun) & Outlaw (Dual Melee)
    • Some love for Druid of the Pack and Druid of the Fang.
    • Shockadin
    • Earth focused Shaman tanking
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Inquisitor, Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
    Do you hear the voices too?

atleast try to think that the class you expect as a spec, sub class or class to be part of the lore instead of something that does not make sense and bard! i think something like E.T.C makes more sense that meens more rock music

necromancer does not fit the warlock part warlock = demon while necromancer= undead, death and alchemy and thats the spec stuff that makes well sense for necromancer with the lore!

dark ranger most be sub class becus there is not many spec to follow and prefer leather over mail for 1 ranged weapon user and still can work as a 4th spec for dk

blade master is a monk so 4th spec

Tinker probly one that makes most sense as next choice with 3 spec tank, ranged dps and healer

shadow hunter fits with shaman as 4th spec voodoo magic fits the shaman theme

rouge culd get a ranged spec throwing knifes maby warden aswell but wuld prefer ranged

removing outlaw from rouge and harpoon spear man from survival to make a pirat class or sub class becus survival plays like a pirat... with bear form ability

but y list goes on but try to think abut the lore

hunter 4th spec kinda needs to be mechanical hunter becus of the mechanical pets

but shadow hunter as a own class wuld be hard becus alliance wuld not really have anyone that is a shadow hunter to learn from it fits horde but not alliance

i wuld think tinker makes the most sense to be the next spec becus the lore to dark ranger wuld pretty much be the same as death knight if you seen the way sylivanas acts...
    i think void ranger and dark ranger that use the same ability but look diffrent with the void ranger for alliance and dark ranger for horde wuld make alot sense becus a faction diffrence!

but tinker wuld serve as a something new and diffrent and more lore for gnome and goblins and with the new gnome lore we are getting this wuld be really nice new edition

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather see a 4th subclass for the rest of the classes and 3rd for demon hunters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Inquisitor, Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
    So a rp scarlet crusader?

I always hear about this tinkerer class... and always laughed.
    Then I did Isle expeditions and had some kinda tank that rode a sky golem in his "tank" mode... and could rebuild it after I smashed it...
    Looks like tinkerers are for real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell maybe they can take the warden turn it into a 3rd class for demon hunter. Like after Legion a few wardens shared their knowledge of being a warden with demon hunters and trained some of them who were open minded enough and there we have a 3rd spec for demon hunters. I'm guessing it would involve slows, lockdowns and mobility.....I don't know.

100% guarantee it will be Dark Ranger with Sylvanas on her way to leave the Horde.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2018-11-27 at 05:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I always hear about this tinkerer class... and always laughed.
    Then I did Isle expeditions and had some kinda tank that rode a sky golem in his "tank" mode... and could rebuild it after I smashed it...
    Looks like tinkerers are for real.
    Gazlowe putting a hurting on me in island expeditions....that mech and all those turrets was cool as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragtox View Post
    but tinker wuld serve as a something new and diffrent and more lore for gnome and goblins and with the new gnome lore we are getting this wuld be really nice new edition
    If Tinker ever did make it in, they would not be restricted by race because literally almost no one plays Goblin or Gnome, most people hate those races and it would become a huge deterrent to playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crudence View Post
    What if... They don't make a new class and instead starts removing 1 spec from each class. Now, hear me out. Instead of having a bunch of watered out specs to fill the 3 spec quota, they merge them together and make more complex and interesting specs with plenty of choice. And maybe they can bring back more of the classic style of playing, where you could make yourself a custom hybrid spec if you wanted. Some kind of additional talent tree to the one that exist today. I mean, BM and Survival could easily be the same spec, just have the choice between ranged or melee and playstyle change depending on which path you take in the BM tree.
    I think this would be for the best, thematically speaking, but it's entirely irrelevant to the reality that new classes sell boxes. We will never stop getting new races and we will never stop getting new classes, until Blizzard stumbles upon something else that can coax $50-60 dollars out of millions of wallets.

After seeing how generally well-received both Death Knights and Demon Hunters were (likely owing to the fact that they are/were already mainstays of the setting), I suspect Necromancer or Ranger is more likely than Tinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    So a rp scarlet crusader?
    With the ability to call in exterminatus, one shotting azeroth.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Debased View Post
    None.

Let's be honest. We don't even have finished classes now. Why would they add more?
    They would add more because that seems to be their thing every other expansion and next expansion is the next one to do it (assuming there is indeed a pattern bring continued)

So why do it? Easy flashy thing that makes a majority of people excited.

Are there really good reasons not to? Of course. But that isn't really the point of this discussion. The point of it is if they added one next expansion what do you think it would be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Me le say some kind of mail ranger with 3 cool speces.

1. Warden - melee dps using glaive

2. Void ranger - ranged dps weapons

3. I don't know
    No new class!!!
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    After all these themes around death, I really want it to be Necromancer, but I doubt it'll ever happen..

ANd yes, nobody has to mention how it'd be an undead summoning warlock or whatever, fuck off! D: I WANT NECROMANCER!
    Last edited by Dalheim; 2018-11-27 at 07:50 PM.