Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Its honestly possible.

WoD had little new content, but the systems in place were at least functional, the new features worked as intended (mostly).

Whereas BFA has a lot of content in the form of zones and new features, but the majority of those new features are messes.
    BFA has made one thing very clear.

All the pretty art, impressive cinematics, plentiful dungeon and raid content and cool* story means nothing if class design and reward systems suck. WoD had great class design and reward systems and felt better to play than BFA. We all ran out of stuff to do (because they'd all started working on Legion instead) and there was the (no)flying kerfuffle, but other than that WoD didn't have the fundamental systems issues of BFA. What there was of WoD was way more fun than all the stuff they have in BFA.

*I know the lore of WoW is terrible and never got into it myself, but I think the story seems to be engaging people more now than ever, so they're doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    He is 100% correct.

WoD is better than BFA and i am not meming about it.
    Blizzard really have to ask themselves, how hard did we have to fuck up to make wod look like a good expansion in comparison. Might be me getting old but most of my memory with wod is hazy however what I do remember is logging in to play a hell of a lot more than in BFA. At least they were doing SOMETHING right then to make it worth while to play.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I'm not the OP.. lmao. You're so salty it's hilarious.
    must be hard living your life. I smh.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I see...guess I'm wrongfully enjoying it. Part from the azerite armor, which is just a bore compared to the artifact weapons, the game is good enough for me to keep playing casually, which I has since WOTLK. I was kinda impressed with the Blizzcon presentation, I'm sure there is more stuff coming soon enough.
    yeah thats my feeling. i've been casual since cata days, and its fine with me, means I go at my own pace and don't burn myself out on content to soon like some.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post
    Might be me getting old but most of my memory with wod is hazy
    It definitely is if you actually think WoD with almost literally no content other than raiding is somehow better than BFA.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't WoD about to (or did?) release a new raid at this point in time? With actual tier bonuses that improved the gameplay of many specs and offered something new to look for? It was still pretty lacking for non-raiders, but... Meanwhile, we're still couple weeks away from 8.1 - and it's not like it will fix all of BFA problems. It's merely a start, with currencies, targeted Azerite gear and minor class balancing... and yet it's dragging for so long that one might think it has tons of amazing content that needs rigorous testing. At that time in Legion, we got a new raid and still had artifact to develop, as well as legendaries to collect.

The patch cycle simply feels too slow in this expansion... which is a result of the entire thing going live far too soon. And lot of the stuff from 8.1 could have easily been hotfixed, but it's still being delayed for... reasons. At very least, releasing exp changes right now would have given people something to do in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dormie View Post
    lol, Asmongold. The fact this thread made it past a page is what's wrong with the gaming community.
    Not sure about the "gaming" part.

This bitching threads get a lot of approval from the the waiting-for-classic-unsubbed-since-many-years pool of players and some casuals playing the game 1 week each year but watch wow streams regularly, with zero other inputs to the current game.

The legion whine was even worse, I guess its good content since the viewers enjoy parroting opinions and spamming MMO-champion off-topic gets boring after a while.

i agree with asmon, i used to watch his stream quite a bit, but since my own interest in BFA has dwindled.. I have not signed in since i beat heroic ghuun..
    i thought the new troll race would be enough for me to come back to the game, so I will have to see about that..

all in all.. i think it might be the end of the road for me in this game.. atleast until i feel something that is commanding enough to return, i will remain unsubbed

ive never watched anyone stream on any platform ever. never seen any reason to when I can just play the game myself. I have zero knowledge of who this asmongold is. all I can say is the past 5 months, the game final fantasy 14, I have never seen so many players playing this game before. capitol cities in final fantasy are fucking packed, small villages are full of level 5-30 players (trying out the free trial, as me trying to whisper them and I get nothing. trial accounts cannot whisper back). I have never seen so many people not playing wow. im on the second most populated server in north America and capital cities are empty, once upon a time you look up in the sky and seen nothing but flying mounts everywhere. now your lucky to see a handful. MMOs are dying we all know this, the genre is fading, but wow is fading faster than the genre. que times in wow have never been worse. I had to wait for an LFR the other day, as a tank. so I switched to healer, had same wait time. I have never had a 15 minute que as a healer ever playing wow, for any random que. shit even rift capitol cities are more populated than usual. I myself am playing both rift and ff14 more than wow. I log in Tuesday get my cache, knock out my m10 within an hour of reset, wait till raid, knock it out. emassaries are a joke. the azerite rewards from emissaries for my class are the worst in slot. but im 386 so doing them for the reward is completely pointless. not even worth DEing as shards and crystals are fucking everywhere a week after launch. long gone are the days of real grinding. everything you get now is easy to obtain with minimal effort. the only real grind is the azerite to level that neck piece, and do you even really need to grind that out? shit I got the dungeon meta the second week at less than 330 ilvl. even in cata it wasn't that easy to obtain lol. id say asmongolds opinion of the current state of wow is pretty accurate. im 31,500 achievement points deep in this game and it tears me up when I even think of deactivating my account.

I find it very interesting..you cant make ANY post with his name on blizz forums wo getting you suspended and the post deleted.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing since Vanilla. I missed WoD and most of Legion but when I did play the little bit I managed to, I enjoyed. And I didn't play because of my life and no computer, not because I didn't want to. I kept up on news just like I had been playing. Class changes, systems changes, new expacs, features, whatever. There's plenty of people like me tho. Millions probably who genuinely like the game. Enjoy the content and story. We don't need to complete pick apart everything about the game to complain about. Sure, do I dislike some things? Of course. But there's much more enjoyment I get out of what I do love about it. The same stuff I've always loved about it. So ya, there have been ups and downs but this game isn't bad and there's plenty of fun stuff to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    must be hard living your life. I smh.
    I feel bad for you honestly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaecks View Post
    Have to agree.

I understand that Blizzard needs new players and doesn't want to overwhelm them right of the bat, but there should be better options then pruning classes until basically some moba heroes/champions have an more interesting kit...
    There are no new players for WoW anymore. Thas what Blizzars screwed. They compleltly allienate their corw audience in hope ro get more people playing wow and they all quit while no new blood is coming. You are not supostu chase more players but retain your established player base which time where wow earned it is core audience was during TBC.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    He is 100% correct.

WoD is better than BFA and i am not meming about it.
    Sad but true

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    I usually watch it on 2nd monitor while playing grindy games. Btw you seem more like an asshole here for calling people assholes jusr because you don't enjoy their content or whatever reason you have.
    I most certainly am an asshole, theres no denying that. but those people are stupid assholes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Yeah. Not like it is 2018 and most people own 2-3 monitors so you can actualy play and watch stream at same time. You are delusional if you think people just sit in front of their screen waching stream and doing nothing.
    so they like hearing this guy shit on a game that he plays and the person watching plays regularly, and will continue to play, while playing said game?

some of them need to watch fatboss guides instead of assmangold, that's for sure.

I should add that i'm not just targeting the golden ass man. I hung out with some friends for blizzcon this year. they were super into the championships of all these blizzard games. I sat by the fridge drinking their beer trying to understand what the appeal was. I guess I just prefer traditional sports. like I prefer traditional entertainment that is dramatic or comedic or action packed. not some skinny over sugared gamer.
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2018-11-28 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NtflxnChill View Post
    So....just jealous of him, gotcha
    Loooool, not one bit. I mean, just looking at him nobody could be jealous of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    I most certainly am an asshole, theres no denying that. but those people are stupid assholes.

- - - Updated - - -

so they like hearing this guy shit on a game that he plays and the person watching plays regularly, and will continue to play, while playing said game?

some of them need to watch fatboss guides instead of assmangold, that's for sure.

I should add that i'm not just targeting the golden ass man. I hung out with some friends for blizzcon this year. they were super into the championships of all these blizzard games. I sat by the fridge drinking their beer trying to understand what the appeal was. I guess I just prefer traditional sports. like I prefer traditional entertainment that is dramatic or comedic or action packed. not some skinny over sugared gamer.
    Show me 1 single time where asmongold trash talk game? Everything he says is contructive feedback. Sorry but if you didnt notice BFA isnt exactly good state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    No one is jealous of that human dumpster. Seriously.

And honestly, if you think they are, then I would presume that you think there's something to be jealous of. Meaning that there's actually something about him or his persona that you actually aspire to, which says a lot more about you than you might like.
    Go try play the smart guy somewhere else mate, it's not working.

Quote Originally Posted by NtflxnChill View Post
    Just because it's "profitable" doesn't mean it's not in "trouble"
    If it is profitable it isn't in trouble. For it to be in trouble it would start LOSING money.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    If it is profitable it isn't in trouble. For it to be in trouble it would start LOSING money.
    Less profit means less investment. The team gets less money to create and develop, leading to fewer improvements and less content released over time.

And at some point, if management believes greater profits can be achieved by axing the product and shifting resources to a larger money maker, they will.

And as an side, it finally happened.

I had time to log in today. But couldn't be arsed. And frankly am not missing it.

Played Ace Attorney and left the PC to finish updating Warframe.