10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    Yup gonna be nice! De Jong didn't play in the last meeting so will be interesting to see how Bayern handles him.
    Didn't play a too good game today, most of the team was below average. De Ligt was good. Obviously, totally different game against Bayern, AEK was terrible. Only danger is that Ajax will play without home audience after the shit that happened in Athens.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    https://streamja.com/apoq followed by Mourinho showing his best grappling technique.
    No drink bottle is safe around mourinho

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    You are watching shit football. Why? Only you can answer that. I have given up on watching Manchester United, even though I am a lifelong fan. I just cant bare it anymore.

Win? Draw? lose? it always feels so shallow and empty. Its mindlessly boring no matter the outcome.

It pains to skip watching them, but as long as businho is the manager, I cant watch. I just cant.
    Pretty much how I feel. As long as Mourinho is in charge I can't be bothered to waste my time watching them play. You hit the nail on the head, even winning feels shallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Pretty much how I feel. As long as Mourinho is in charge I can't be bothered to waste my time watching them play. You hit the nail on the head, even winning feels shallow.
    Look i'd like to see someone else managing and a football director brought in.

He played rashford as a 9, something people have been begging for and who was wasteful and its "parking the bus" like come on.

Dont be a daily star reporter actually watch whats going on and call it properly, a new manager is definatly needed but some of these players are beyond shit.

Ashley young 0 from 11 crosses hitting someone vs crystal palace. Klopp will get these guys firing!!!1

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Look i'd like to see someone else managing and a football director brought in.

He played rashford as a 9, something people have been begging for and who was wasteful and its "parking the bus" like come on.

Dont be a daily star reporter actually watch whats going on and call it properly, a new manager is definatly needed but some of these players are beyond shit.

Ashley young 0 from 11 crosses hitting someone vs crystal palace. Klopp will get these guys firing!!!1
    I've just had enough of Mourinho's shit. Ever since this pre-season he's done nothing but shit talk his own players when things go bad, it's never his fault. I'm not blaming him entirely for the whole situation at Man United at the moment but he clearly is not the right person to be taking the club forward any further, personally I think he needs a break from management because he seems to me to have a few screws loose at the moment.

I've just had enough of Mourinho's shit. Ever since this pre-season he's done nothing but shit talk his own players when things go bad, it's never his fault. I'm not blaming him entirely for the whole situation at Man United at the moment but he clearly is not the right person to be taking the club forward any further, personally I think he needs a break from management because he seems to me to have a few screws loose at the moment.
    I dont think hes the right man for utd, but I dont know who is. The job seems mission impossible (keke).

Also need a massive change in approach to transfers.

Too many people on bloated wages running their contracts down.

Money being available for young superstars but not older experienced players etc

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll agree with you that certain players are underperforming though, and I'll definitely agree with you about too many players being on bloated wages.

I'll agree with you that certain players are underperforming though, and I'll definitely agree with you about too many players being on bloated wages.
    And I agree with you that Jose isnt a good fit at utd.

He kinda proved it this year. Its his 3rd year at the club and theres no growth like from his first season to the 2nd.

Plus he would have sold shaw if he could in the summer who has been our best player this season.

So.....he needs to re-valuate his approach and why you cant treat the likes the pogba/martial the same way you can treat frank lampard/drogba

his man management isnt what it once was.

- - - Updated - - -

Its all just business focused anyway.

As soon as top 4 is out of the question, he'll get sacked.

Stay top 4, he'll remain on.

Why spend 1 billion to win the league when you can float around top 4, get the champions league viewership revenue. And stay in the green. Its why wenger stayed on so long at arsenal until he couldnt maintain top 4.

Nevermind if complacency means players like David De Gea stall on contract negotiations and a potential 100mill+ can walk out the door because they actually wanna win shit. And then you need to spend another 100mill to replace him.

Great business woodward.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-11-28 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    And I agree with you that Jose isnt a good fit at utd.

He kinda proved it this year. Its his 3rd year at the club and theres no growth like from his first season to the 2nd.

Plus he would have sold shaw if he could in the summer who has been our best player this season.

So.....he needs to re-valuate his approach and why you cant treat the likes the pogba/martial the same way you can treat frank lampard/drogba

his man management isnt what it once was.

- - - Updated - - -

Its all just business focused anyway.

As soon as top 4 is out of the question, he'll get sacked.

Stay top 4, he'll remain on.

Why spend 1 billion to win the league when you can float around top 4, get the champions league viewership revenue. And stay in the green. Its why wenger stayed on so long at arsenal until he couldnt maintain top 4.

Nevermind if complacency means players like David De Gea stall on contract negotiations and a potential 100mill+ can walk out the door because they actually wanna win shit. And then you need to spend another 100mill to replace him.

Great business woodward.
    Any team has a dry spell. Any team will struggle and have bad periods. Football and sports are like that. It would be boring if not.

Mourinho has been in charge for 3 seasons now, spendt alot of money and the football has always been boring. It worked the first season cause he won something(finals are always fun), and the club just came out from spells with Moyes & LVG.

He slates his players in public and as you say wanted to sell young players like Shaw & Martial. Now Martial is probably the one that has kept mourinhos job the last month.

The team has players with creativity, smartness & Pace. What we see week in and week out in slow mechanical football were the focus on not fucking up is stronger than the desire to create. It looks like the team is so afraid to do a mistake, they actually do them more often than ever before.

When the football is bad, boring and a general snoozefest only 1 thing can save you: ALOT of wins and thropies.

If the club shows potential, desire to play attacking football and is developing, people will accept a loss now and then.

Now im bored even when its a win, draw or loss.

Didn't there use to be a few diehard Mourinho apologists around here?

Like others have said just feels like the club is in limbo at the moment. Feels bad writing off a season in November already but it is what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's basically zero chance we make top 4. There are at least 5 teams better than us in the league, and they're better by a considerable margin. Mou reckons we'll be top 4 by the end of December, we're playing Liverpool and Arsenal in the next couple of weeks so we'll see exactly where we are then.

We have plenty of players who are good enough and have shown it, but there's something so clearly wrong with how things are being run that it just doesn't add up to anything. That problem can't be anything other than Mourinho. It was always going to be a gamble with him, it was always questionable whether he was going to be a good fit. He isn't.

That's the thing though, everyone knew he wasn't a great fit for united but it was meant to be a short term thing, to pull in some big names with a big name manager, stabilize CL spots and spend a year or two looking for a great younger manager to fit the ethos of the club. But that never happened. Somewhere along the line the club just forgot the last part and started throwing money at the problem.

Now we're 2.5 years down the line and I don't think the club has any idea who is going to take over. If they sack M before xmas they will just pick whoever is available and the cycle continues. The foresight is astonishingly lacking.

It's definitely on Mourinho considering what we've spent. I see a lot of ridiculous deflection like "oh you cant win the league with players like Jones or Valencia", but it's not just not winning the league, it's the fact that we went from being the top team, to top4 at best, to top6 at best in just a few years. We've still spent money on par with City in the last few years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners

Greek popo and hoolies being absolute cunts. Hope this gets them a ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Greek popo and hoolies being absolute cunts. Hope this gets them a ban.
    Yeah, this is shit considering that Ajax is on probation, and threatened with a game without audience. AEK fans pretty much had free reign to throw all sorts of shit at the Ajax fans after which the police charged them on top of it. There were also fights the evening before but they were apparently between AEK and Panathinaikos fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    "oh you cant win the league with players like Jones or Valencia"
    Except, you know, we did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Except, you know, we did.
    6 years ago. Might as well bring Cantona and scholes out of retirement as well.

Porto already on the next stage, winning 2-0 vs shalke04, ending on top of the group. Feels good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners

PSV should have won the game but Barca has Messi