Page 20 of 117 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    The funny thing about this is they are working on the wall as we speak, allocating funding from the defense budget and omnibus.

Here’s what that $1.6 billion is for (see Section 230, starting on page 673):

$251 million for “secondary fencing” near San Diego.
    $445 million for “primary pedestrian levee fencing” in the Rio Grande Valley.
    $196 million for “primary pedestrian fencing” in the Rio Grande Valley.
    $445 million for replacement of primary pedestrian fencing.
    $38 million for border barrier planning and design.
    $196 million for border security technology.

Have already been approved.
    Those are not big beautiful walls. Now this is a wall. It halted the Mongol invasion of China for 75 years.

Top of the wall is as wide as a 4-lane freeway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now before I respond with citations and facts, the first thing I'll bring up is Trump explaining the construction of his Wall.

"Hey wait, that's the famous John Oliver video on the subject!"

Yes, and John Oliver shows the exact part where Trump tells a rally, including a small child, the height and construction of the Wall. Even before "the Wall just got 10 feet higher" it was described in non-fence-shaped details.

We all good? Okay. Let's begin.

Fence. Not a Wall. Ignored.

Ignored.

Ignored.

Ignored.

I'll give you that one. A Wall like this will require designing and planning. Shame we didn't have someone on staff who not only refused payment, but also builds the best walls and, ah fuck it, wanna see the video?

I have no problem with spending on security technology. Please point out which parts of the "security technology" is Wall-shaped.

That sounds like you got $38 million for planning and $0 for building. Since even Trump now admits the Wall will cost about $25 billion, $38 million is 0.152% of that. To put this another way: you're going up to a car dealer, the dealer says "This car will cost $25000" and you respond "Sweet, I can afford that, here's thirty-eight dollars". Fuck it, I have more than $38 on me, that doesn't make me jump up and say NEW BIGLY CAR WOOOOOO OH SHIT IT'S GM FUCK NOOOOOO

I'll give you 24 hours to clarify which of the $196 million for border security technology is Wall-shaped. Assuming you can objectively defend all of it, you're still under 1%, but hey, good luck! Also, hey, when is Mexico sending that check? I mean, Trump said it as recently as this very year so he clearly still expects it, right? I understand there might be a delay in getting it, some dumb bastard just fired live rounds into Mexico and they're kind of distracted. I'm sure their new President will clear the matter right up, right after he signs the NAFTA 1.0.0.2 which, to be fair, he's not 100% sold on, he becomes President the 1st, and it needs to be signed this week. Mexican President-Elect Andrés Manuel López Obrador has openly criticized NAFTA 1.0.0.2 before he was elected, and has still not pledged to support it.

I guess you could say, just like your "approved funding" list, that Obrador is...

(sunglasses)

...on the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    How large is the part that realizes that they aren't smart enough to learn a lesson?
    That's not true. You just need a stick hard enough and then you bludgeon knowledge into them. That's how the stupid learn. Break their will. *shrug*
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    That's not true. You just need a stick hard enough and then you bludgeon knowledge into them. That's how the stupid learn. Break their will. *shrug*
    What if they have skulls thicker than granite? The levels of denial I've seen from resident Trumpkins is just jaw-dropping.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

The funny thing about this is they are working on the wall as we speak, allocating funding from the defense budget and omnibus.

So that will cover a grand total of 50 miles? Replacing other fences? Getting a new IT guy? That's shy of the 2,000 it would take for a proper wall, but I guess you gotta take what wins you can to make yourself feel better when you back a retard like Trump

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    A fence.

[IMG]https://cdni.rt.com/files/2018.10/article/5bd4347ddda4c8781b8b4603.JPG[/MG]
    Trump couldn't even get that made. Good job supporting your Cuck in Chief.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    What if they have skulls thicker than granite? The levels of denial I've seen from resident Trumpkins is just jaw-dropping.
    Let it play out man, there's nothing you can do. The last time these idiots got what they wanted, you lot had to bomb Germany back into the 18th century to make them see reason. What else can you do when you value civil rights. You can't seriously beat them into submission, you have to tolerate their opinion (to an extent, luckily... the constitutions of our nations do implement a limit on stupidity) and otherwise hope that the system you put into place (constitutions!) is robust enough to survive a massive onslaught of stupidity.

Also, the best way to deal with stupidity is better education. We're at a time when education of the liberal arts is being shunned in favour of the STEM fields. You're seeing the results of that. A nation entirely focused on rocket science and ignoring history/social sciences is prone to ask silly questions like "what happens if we just equip our nukes with better propulsion and warheads" instead of "what good would more destruction of humanity do to us? shouldn't we try to just get along?"

It's a wonky example, but you get the drift of what I mean.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

A fence.

[IMG]https://cdni.rt.com/files/2018.10/article/5bd4347ddda4c8781b8b4603.JPG[IMG]
    A fence

It's quite amusing and somewhat satisfying, seing ignorant Trumpkins, trying to sell a fence as a wall. Shit you must feel dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    While it's good news what you describe, it's got one little disadvantage... Trumpsters can go on and pretend like the wall would've been a good solution. And they'll continue to fight against you, grating on your nerves. Building a wall is a bad idea, but it would've been worth it to prove these imbeciles why it was a stupid idea to begin with.
    Yeah but come on, if they built the wall and it was an abject failure they'd just trot out one of the following:

1) It's working fine, Breitbart told me so!
    2) We need to build TWO walls!
    3) Hillary Obama something something!

- - - Updated - - -

A fence.

Ahahahaha! You could've linked that image from anywhere but you chose this one: cdni.rt.com

You're not even trying these days.

Here, I'll help you, you clearly need some. One of the first hits on reverse image search is NBC:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...all-it-n924941

DHS chief marks first section of Trump's border wall. (But it kinda looks like a fence.)

U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen unveiled two new miles of border fencing on Friday and declared it the first new section of the President Donald Trump's border wall.

"It's different than a fence in that it also has technology. It's a full wall system," she said in Calexico, Calif., when asked about whether the 30-foot tall barrier made of steel bollards was actually just a fence. "It's a wall, this is what the president has asked us to do. It’s part of a system."
    I can't believe that's an actual quote and not an article from the Onion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    A fence

It's quite amusing and somewhat satisfying, seing ignorant Trumpkins, trying to sell a fence as a wall. Shit you must feel dumb.
    Not a fence. Part of a wall system. It's got technology in it.

- - - Updated - - -

I love watching you brag about how much of your money it's already cost to build no walls.

Though it is a sobering reminder of the incredible cost of upkeep for these ridiculous things. I wonder who we'd find behind the curtain if we started digging into the companies that take all these contracts ahaha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    That 2020 Senate Map isn't really that bad for Republicans
    Let me stop you right there.

You clearly don't know what that the words you are saying actually mean. Allow me to educate you.

Senate seats are divided into three classes of 33 each (except Class 3 which has 34 to make the full 100 Senate seats), and each class goes up for election every two years. The 2018 election was a "Class 1" election. 2020 will be "Class 2" etc.

Going into this year's election, 9 of the Class 1 seats were Republican and 24 were Democrat (including two independents who caucus with the Democrats). That's what's meant by the map being "bad" for Democrats in 2018 - with twice as many seats up as their opponents, the probability of losing rather than gaining seats is higher.

But see, while Class 1 is a "bad map" for Democrats, Class 2 AND 3 are both "bad maps" for Republicans.

https://www.senate.gov/senators/Class_I.htm
    https://www.senate.gov/senators/Class_II.htm
    https://www.senate.gov/senators/Class_III.htm

Class 1: 9-24
    Class 2: 12-21
    Class 3: 12-22

So the Democrats have the "advantage" that Republicans had in 2018 in 2020 and 2022. You're looking at six years before you get a Senate map as favourable again.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2018-11-28 at 11:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account

So now you're adding "wall" to the words you don't understand? Come on man, none of that stuff you listed is a wall. Fences, are not walls.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    So now you're adding "wall" to the words you don't understand? Come on man, none of that stuff you listed is a wall. Fences, are not walls.
    I'm pretty sure that anyone who voted "for Wall" will be sufficiently pleased by equally impenetrable fence (and image above certainly looks like one).

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    I'm pretty sure that anyone who voted "for Wall" will be sufficiently pleased by equally impenetrable fence (and image above certainly looks like one).
    That's an oxymoron.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    You're right, stupid people will be appeased by nonsense.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    trying to sell a fence as a wall.
    I mean, what choice do they have? They chanted "Build that Wall!" so much they either have to take any construction, including repairs and reconstruction, as a win, or admit that one of Trump's biggest selling points was a lame-ass limp-dick IMPOTUS result that withered and drooped in the cold light of day like a tiny orange penis.

Shit you must feel dumb.
    Well yeah, but remember, all the rabid fanbase have left is the act. They know they lost. They know they backed a lying loser. They know they're left with "But Mueller's investigation didn't cover Russians laundering money through the NRA to attack the election!" (a blatant lie, they know it) and "GM was going to fail anyway, Trump's trade war and steel tariffs and pushing for higher gas prices had nothing to do with it!" (another blatant lie, they know it) and "Uh...it's Obama's economy that's why the stock market is dropping!" (a blatant lie even by rabid fanbase standards) and, my increasing favorite, "What blue wave? I don't see any blue wave. Do you guys see a blue wave? This is a light rain." Not only historically laughably false, Trump doesn't walk in a light rain.

Again: it's all an act. They're dying inside. They know they put all their hopes and dreams into someone they were told was a con man, they voted for him anyhow, they know everything's breaking, they know it's all their fault, "I never voted for Trump!" is increasingly commonplace and they're lying to pollsters about who they vote for because they're embarrassed by their own life choices.

But they will not admit they made a mistake. Not publicly, at least. Some of them would literally rather die.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I wonder who we'd find behind the curtain if we started digging into the companies that take all these contracts
    The press has been watching about who's getting these, let's face it, relatively low contracts for a while. Yes, the government is still paying out multi-million dollar contracts to...um, contractors, is that where the name comes from?...and that's hardly new. I've been watching too, but other than Whitefish (HAH) there hasn't seemed to be anything out of the standard US Govt policy going on here.

Granted, the contracts so far have largely been fence repair. At time of writing, there's no giant bidding war for building the Wall because there's no funding. I'm honestly not even sure there's an accepted design. Jeezy posted a $38 million payment for wall design, you don't typically do that if you have the design. And I'm like 95%+ sure that none of the builders of the Wall prototypes got a contract -- also, every single Wall prototype failed at least one test.

Also, good shot calling out Nielsen. Trump fired her.

Trump supporter here. Never was a fan of the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Let me stop you right there.
    Well sure if you want to totally disregard the rest of my argument then it's bad, but you're only counting seats and not if the Democrats can actually flip those seats.

Allow me to quote the Wikipedia article on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_U...nate_elections

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    In 2014 (the last regular election of the Class 2 Senate seats), Republicans won a net gain of nine seats from the Democrats. Therefore, Republicans have significantly more seats to defend in 2020 than Democrats do, though many of those seats are not initially considered competitive.
    The class 1 seats aren't going to be as bad for Democrats next time around either since most of their Red State seats went down this year. There's more to being able to win these senate races than just who has more seats up for reelection.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

So which part of that is "THE WALL(tm)"? Because "secondary fencing" doesn't sound like a wall. "Primary pedestrian levee fencing" doesn't sound like a wall. "Primary pedestrian fencing" doesn't sound like a wall. "Replacement primary pedestrian fencing" doesn't sound like a wall. "Border barrier planning and design" doesn't sound like a wall (or at least not being built). "Boarder security technology" doesn't sound like a wall.

Can you clarify - is this a big, beautiful wall?

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    You're right, stupid people will be appeased by nonsense.
    Plenty of ways that could be used against wall will work equally well against fence (so, no difference there), and it doesn't look wide enough for adult to get through.

As long as you accept that wall is needed/useful/whatever, sufficiently robust fence should be equally acceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Can you clarify - is this a big, beautiful wall?
    And also, if a fence is good enough, why do we need someone to run their campaign around the Wall? I don't remember seeing anybody at Trump rallys cosplaying as a chain-link fence.

We have a fence. If a fence is good enough, why was Trump so adamant about making a Wall? It sounds like someone's Special Pleading again!

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    And also, if a fence is good enough, why do we need someone to run their campaign around the Wall? I don't remember seeing anybody at Trump rallys cosplaying as a chain-link fence.

We have a fence. If a fence is good enough, why was Trump so adamant about making a Wall? It sounds like someone's Special Pleading again!
    But...will Mexico pay for the fence?