Two quick questions

So I got onto my account for the first time in a long time and I see I have a character boost. My first question is...if I use that boost will I be able to go back and do lower level quests? Or does it just kind of...auto-finish them all? Can you go back and play through your class story on a boosted character?

The second question is about a subscription. It's hard to find concrete details about the perks of having a sub. I'm wondering if it gives any kind of experience bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    So I got onto my account for the first time in a long time and I see I have a character boost. My first question is...if I use that boost will I be able to go back and do lower level quests? Or does it just kind of...auto-finish them all? Can you go back and play through your class story on a boosted character?

The second question is about a subscription. It's hard to find concrete details about the perks of having a sub. I'm wondering if it gives any kind of experience bonus.
    The class quests in general are finished for boost characters. There are a few low level quests that are still open, but they are not really worth mentioning.

Regarding the subscription, here's a link: https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/wiki/f2p

It's about a year old, but I think it stoll covers mostly everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    The class quests in general are finished for boost characters. There are a few low level quests that are still open, but they are not really worth mentioning.

Regarding the subscription, here's a link: https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/wiki/f2p

It's about a year old, but I think it stoll covers mostly everything.
    Ok, thanks. According to that reddit post subs get rest exp and an extra 20% after level 20. Good to know. I wonder if that means subs get bonus exp, or non-subs get nerfed exp. Doesn't really matter I guess.

It's a little unfortunate you can't boost and then go back to play your class story, but I can see why they would do it this way.
    Last edited by Coffeh; 2018-11-28 at 08:30 PM.

Ok, thanks. According to that reddit post subs get rest exp and an extra 20% after level 20. Good to know. I wonder if that means subs get bonus exp, or non-subs get nerfed exp. Doesn't really matter I guess.

It's a little unfortunate you can't boost and then go back to play your class story, but I can see why they would do it this way.
    Non-subs get nerfed XP, the game reminds you of this pretty frequently if memory serves.

And yeah, the way the boosts are handled is a little frustrating. I actually wonder if it's related to the expansion stories for some reason requring you to hvae finished your class story/acquired all your companions. No clue if that's actually the case, but that's the only thing that really makes sense to me.

I wish they had made that 12x exp from class stories permanent. I leveled a character the highest I ever had during that time. If I could just do class stories, I would be much more compelled to play.

I wish they had made that 12x exp from class stories permanent. I leveled a character the highest I ever had during that time. If I could just do class stories, I would be much more compelled to play.
    They didn't nerf it completely to the ground, though. You can still just do class missions and the planetary main mission and be good to go. No need for sidequests.

Or you farm dailiy heroic missions and can get by just by doing class missions.

If you sub, you can. Subs can get to 50 easily through class quests alone, non-subs can do so with class/planetary quests and the odd dungeon here and there.