15+ Year Old Account
    People have given their reasons for liking eureka, and you're not willing to accept it because apparently its unacceptable for someone to find combat related game play 'relaxing'. And no, i'm not going to edit my post because its my interpretation of your posts, and you've not changed my mind that you are doing anything but continuing to try and force what you feel is acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    People have fun in different ways and find it through different means. I find grinding mobs in Anemos and Pyros really fun and relaxing. Heck I have a friend who basically all he does in FFXIV is do Eureka. He freaking LOVES it. I'm not defending the design decisions of Eureka but I don't think its okay to downplay how other people find fun in games or anything else.

I bet you you could find objectively the worst movie in the world and there's a few people out there that genuinely love it.

pagos can suck my something though.
    pagos sucked but anemos and pyros are easily my favorite parts of stormblood. i think the game has enough small group instanced content and eureka's been a nice change of pace for me. idk why but i love NM farming.

Welp. I realised that the Encyclopedia Eorzea Vol.2 i ordered should have shipped by now so went to check the order status. Turns out its worldwide release/shipping has been delayed and SE just didn't announce it when it was and kept taking preorders.

Remember like a month ago when i said how surprised i was it wasn't a shitshow like last time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    This is factually inaccurate. Dungeons being too easy isn't about raiding getting more love or that the game became more raid focused.

What actually happened and Yoshi is on record stating it is that the community didn't like challenge. They avoided anything and everything in the DF that had a modicum of challenge. AV, PS, SoF, etc. This has nothing to do with raiding taking something away from you. It's your fellow players, the community who did this, and ultimately the developers for failing to correctly implement a proper difficulty curve.

Don't get me wrong, if every dungeon was vanilla PS level I'd probably be subbed right now and thrilled!

This is beautifully ironic. You know you designed good battle content when the playerbase that considers it fun cite sources such as:

• I can AFK in town and just show up for rewards, this is great! - random player on OF
    • I's good content because it allows me to socialize with all my friends. Yeah so do linkshells and FCs, and chatrooms, etc. - a different random player on OF
    • I made a lot of money from loot boxes so I'm having fun in Eureka - Threadz, MMO Champ

This doesn't even cover the gross negligence of systems design that honestly any unpaid intern could have caught (lack of el lv. scaling, lack of a bulk loot box opening function, game engine can't support too many people in same area or shit gets culled, etc.) or the shallow mechanics.
    True many unsubbed because they didn't like challenge but to say they haven't been following in blizzards footsteps by listening to raiders alot more(and it hasn't impacted dungeons) is just foolish

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Welp. I realised that the Encyclopedia Eorzea Vol.2 i ordered should have shipped by now so went to check the order status. Turns out its worldwide release/shipping has been delayed and SE just didn't announce it when it was and kept taking preorders.

Remember like a month ago when i said how surprised i was it wasn't a shitshow like last time?
    Damnit..i had ot pre charged because of budgeting..i could have waited damn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    People have given their reasons for liking eureka, and you're not willing to accept it because apparently its unacceptable for someone to find combat related game play 'relaxing'.
    The problem is, that it is TOO relaxing, to the point that you run around like a mindless zombie and have to watch a movie on a second screen to not fall asleep.
    At least that's how we felt in Pagos.... that was pre NM train hotfix though, where you were forced to spam your way through boring mobs w/o abilities.

Imho tanking / healing dungeons are the right kind of relaxing. Not super punishing and frustrating at times like savage but they actually make you play the game and watch what is happening.

Just paid another visit to Pagos... ugh, just the fact that I cannot use my mount is reason enough to quit instantly. Bleh, guess it's really no relic for me.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2018-11-28 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    People have given their reasons for liking eureka, and you're not willing to accept it because apparently its unacceptable for someone to find combat related game play 'relaxing'. And no, i'm not going to edit my post because its my interpretation of your posts, and you've not changed my mind that you are doing anything but continuing to try and force what you feel is acceptable.
    I'm more than willing to accept a coherent well designed argument for why someone finds Eureka fun. I've given plenty of examples as to why I DIDN'T find it fun. You've given none. To add to that keep in mind that this all started because you made made a comment about me to another poster. I'm simply defending myself. Despite all this back and forth, you've not once taken a stance and defined WHY you think Eureka is fun. Your entire stance has been attacking my character, rather than the content of my posts.

So - why do YOU find Eureka fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    True many unsubbed because they didn't like challenge but to say they haven't been following in blizzards footsteps by listening to raiders alot more(and it hasn't impacted dungeons) is just foolish
    I just gave examples of how they listened to the lower skilled community and how it impacted dungeons negatively (IMO). You then claim that I'm foolish because I don't think they've been following Blizz's footsteps, but you don't cite any examples to solidify your claim?

Do you have any examples of where SE's been demonstrating listening to raiders more and evidence or insight into how that has impacted dungeons negatively?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    The problem is, that it is TOO relaxing, to the point that you run around like a mindless zombie and have to watch a movie on a second screen to not fall asleep.
    At least that's how we felt in Pagos.... that was pre NM train hotfix though, where you were forced to spam your way through boring mobs w/o abilities.

Imho tanking / healing dungeons are the right kind of relaxing. Not super punishing and frustrating at times like savage but they actually make you play the game and watch what is happening.

Just paid another visit to Pagos... ugh, just the fact that I cannot use my mount is reason enough to quit instantly. Bleh, guess it's really no relic for me.
    As ironic as it is for me to say this in the context of an MMO where you're expected to group with other people to accomplish something....the real turn off for me in Eureka is the absolute full reliance on other people to get anything of value done at all and how I can't do anything else while trying to get a group. Granted it usually doesn't take long at all to get a group...when you're of the right level and class and doing the right thing in the right area, but it just reminds me far too much of how pre-dungeon finder party forming worked. "LF2M for Black Morass, Need Tank and Heals, PT!" or "Level 15-18 party LFM to open Liquefaction skillchain, Valkurm Dunes Snippers at <pos>, PST!"

/shudder I don't ever want to go back...YOU CAN'T MAKE ME GO BACK! The dark times, in the long ago, far far away...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    the real turn off for me in Eureka is the absolute full reliance on other people to get anything of value done at all and how I can't do anything else while trying to get a group.
    Yup, lost 300K xp because despite being with the zerg, no one wanted to rez or invite me (probably because I am only lv 27).
    Also, most people in there are now on their mounts and thus, you are lagging behind the train as a lowbie getting all the attention of the mobs.

Yeah.... luckily there is a lot more to play in my steam list before I would be bored enough to bother with this kind of slog w/o my friends (they also abandoned Eureka completely).

Yup, lost 300K xp because despite being with the zerg, no one wanted to rez or invite me (probably because I am only lv 27).
    Also, most people in there are now on their mounts and thus, you are lagging behind the train as a lowbie getting all the attention of the mobs.

Yeah.... luckily there is a lot more to play in my steam list before I would be bored enough to bother with this kind of slog w/o my friends (they also abandoned Eureka completely).
    Yup, I've been exploring other options for my gaming addiction lately with the lull in content in my MMO's. Been relaying the full story on a new character on another server in FFXIV, currently working through Heavensward. Also just got Spider-man on PS4, which is phenomenal, am planning on getting Red Dead Redemption 2 tomorrow, picked up Vampire:The Masquerade on Steam for $5 and am replaying that, and have SEVERAL others on both PS4 and PC.

There are a TON of great options out there, so I've been checking those out.

everyone has such horrible stories but pagos only took 2 or 3 days and i was done in there never got left behind and had a couple of people offer to let me ride on their mount. sure it was boring but it was much quicker than any other mid-relic stage. last week i was lvl 28 and now i'm lvl 50 farming pyros.

I think the problem with Pagos is that you can do challenge logs in Anemos. I'm way behind you all, and only hit elemental level 20 last week. The last few levels of Anemos were pretty good, because there were two distinct paths. You could do challenge logs in small groups for XP, or you do the train for crystals. It made a nice mix, and it was reasonably easy to find groups for challenge logs.

When I hit 20, I went to see Pagos, but there are no challenge log groups there. They're all in Anemos levelling even though the cap is supposed to be 20. There's only the train, and the train is not fun when you're very low level. No loot from the majority of NMs, and you die too much.

If you couldn't earn XP past cap in Anemos, the low-20s would move to Pagos to do logs, and that would make Pagos flow better.
    Last edited by RohanV; 2018-11-28 at 05:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    everyone has such horrible stories but pagos only took 2 or 3 days and i was done in there never got left behind and had a couple of people offer to let me ride on their mount.
    Well congrats. I guess it all depends on the kind of randoms you meet in there.
    Some care, others ... not so much.

everyone has such horrible stories but pagos only took 2 or 3 days and i was done in there never got left behind and had a couple of people offer to let me ride on their mount. sure it was boring but it was much quicker than any other mid-relic stage. last week i was lvl 28 and now i'm lvl 50 farming pyros.
    To be fair - this sounds like you got boosted, which unfortunately makes your experience a lot better than someone who had to do it manually. I've seen people say Mythic Raiding isn't challenging at all I just full cleared no problem when they have a single recorded kill a week before the next expansion.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your post.

To be fair - this sounds like you got boosted, which unfortunately makes your experience a lot better than someone who had to do it manually. I've seen people say Mythic Raiding isn't challenging at all I just full cleared no problem when they have a single recorded kill a week before the next expansion.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your post.
    boosted in eureka lol? i just joined in on NMs like everyone else was doing and got through it.

So about that FFXIV x FFXV collab... *cricket noises*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyndeleron View Post
    So about that FFXIV x FFXV collab... *cricket noises*
    I mean it was probably just gunna be one side, or we get more news of the FF14 side in the next live letter

10+ Year Old Account
    boosted in eureka lol? i just joined in on NMs like everyone else was doing and got through it.
    Well the whole concept of the NM train IS to get boosted by high levels via FATEs that would not work with a group of low levels.

Doing pagos "correctly" would mean chaining mobs.

You got somewhat lucky then, and were likely "carried" but that's pretty standard at some point in your tenure in those places for certain level ranges, you're only gaining experience because other higher level people are able to actually make the kill while you plink away at it or raise/heal-bot away to get credit.

I had a similarly good experience in Anemos, the train is always going, but anyone who's been in it can tell you the difference between a well organized train/ instance and a horribly managed one, most are somewhere in between. I did levels 10-20 in Anemos in one sitting simply because the train was being managed by a group of people who were seriously on point with NM spawn times and making a point to call out the lower level ones that were open so folks of all levels could have a good leveling experience and maximize their xp/hour.

My experience with Pagos is limited, admittedly, and I'm only level ~23? 24? now but the three times I've been in Pagos were all horrible, and the prospect of heading back into Anemos to slog through the challenge log just really doesn't inspire me to log in and do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the whole concept of the NM train IS to get boosted by high levels via FATEs that would not work with a group of low levels.

Doing pagos "correctly" would mean chaining mobs.
    Which in a decent group is not bad. It's pretty straight forward and not all that challenging, but it does require you to pay attention and constantly be on the move to find the next mob to chain kill. Very reminiscent of the old school FFXI xp grind skill chain groups, which were no doubt a grind, but were still fun since they required constant attention and coordination else you could potentially die...which was a HUGE deal for many reasons.

idk maybe it's because I quit BfA a few weeks ago due to almost no content worth doing, but I didn't mind the grind. also rolled 520 crit/400 direct hit on my pyros weapon so now I can just wait for the next area. i'll still probably farm NMs for cap each week. i find it more fun than doing the same 2 dungeons every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more than willing to accept a coherent well designed argument for why someone finds Eureka fun. I've given plenty of examples as to why I DIDN'T find it fun. You've given none. To add to that keep in mind that this all started because you made made a comment about me to another poster. I'm simply defending myself. Despite all this back and forth, you've not once taken a stance and defined WHY you think Eureka is fun. Your entire stance has been attacking my character, rather than the content of my posts.

So - why do YOU find Eureka fun?

I just gave examples of how they listened to the lower skilled community and how it impacted dungeons negatively (IMO). You then claim that I'm foolish because I don't think they've been following Blizz's footsteps, but you don't cite any examples to solidify your claim?

Do you have any examples of where SE's been demonstrating listening to raiders more and evidence or insight into how that has impacted dungeons negatively?
    2.2 they changed gearing to focus on raiders forst

Heavensward they made savage a full on difficulty mode instead of a prestige mode it was originally pitched as(i also expect ultimate to be similar and become our mythic)

They nerfed crafted gears ilv

They obviously are not releasing as many dungeons which could be eureka raids or both

And it isn't about skill level but types of content and gear disparity to me and frankly ffxiv is getting too close to wow already in the idea of less dungeons and larger ilv gaps for my liking.