Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltsmasher View Post
    I'm just sick of getting people that think that saving 3 minutes by making it a spammy AoE fest is actually worth how boring they make it.

No wonder people can't stand doing islands when they just AoE trash mobs constantly. When they do this it's basically like doing M+ where all there is, is trash.
    And what's worse is they manage to collect up every wolf, croc, and spider (none of which seem to have a chance at loot - maybe just the rares?) when doing it...

This design is like so many other things that have been in wow in the past. A massive, and often futile, time sink in the beginning and progressive nerfs until the end of the expansion when you can practically get everything as a participation reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    This design is like so many other things that have been in wow in the past. A massive, and often futile, time sink in the beginning and progressive nerfs until the end of the expansion when you can practically get everything as a participation reward.
    In this case, that would mean putting every item on a vendor to buy with doubloons (which would lead to AoE'ing islands quickly being the norm to farm as many doubloons in as short of time as possible). They seem to be against that idea right now. Maybe they'll cave by the end of the expansion, though it doesn't seem likely this time...

Shame this forum doesn't have a !Remind me function, but I'm willing to bet by fall 2019, things are much easier to come by.

Shame this forum doesn't have a !Remind me function, but I'm willing to bet by fall 2019, things are much easier to come by.
    What is your point, exactly? Fall 2019 is a long, long ways away.

The content sucks, badly, right now. Blizz seems to finally acknowledge this, sort of, but they havn't built up a huge store of credibility that they'll make it not suck, badly, in any sort of reasonable timeframe.*

* I hope they do, though.

Deleted
    Doubtful. They never did put the rep paragon mounts on a vendor for 200-ish curious coins each which would have been reasonable. That said, 8.1 will increase mob density, more chance of loot from higher difficulty and gear will make it easier. Will the entire reward list be on doublon vendor someday? I think not.
    Last edited by mmocce3e2c6f69; 2018-11-27 at 08:33 PM.

I understand people doing their own thing like mining nodes when I spam queue expeditions at 120 just looking for the cosmetics. It's a queue with random people, what are you gonna do?
    The one thing I CANNOT stand is when I'm doing my own thing running around just going for rares and the other 1 or 2 members purposefully pull every mob they see on the island and bring them to me so I can kill them!
    I've learned to just chi-torpedo away as soon as I see it coming so they at least don't wipe all of us.

Side Note: 318 Expeditions>No Mounts> 7 unique pets > 3 toys

Quote Originally Posted by Mercruxio View Post
    I understand people doing their own thing like mining nodes when I spam queue expeditions at 120 just looking for the cosmetics. It's a queue with random people, what are you gonna do?
    The one thing I CANNOT stand is when I'm doing my own thing running around just going for rares and the other 1 or 2 members purposefully pull every mob they see on the island and bring them to me so I can kill them!
    I've learned to just chi-torpedo away as soon as I see it coming so they at least don't wipe all of us.

Side Note: 318 Expeditions>No Mounts> 7 unique pets > 3 toys
    So you dont help your group...at all?

Why not just que up with your own group then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post

If he's contributing to the Azerite count, he helps.

Though I usually post in the group if I expect to farm rares and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post

I would say on average I contribute at least 65% of the total Azerite count at the end, if not more, by going and doing all the objectives and not just killing all the non-rares worth 6-10 Azerite each. My team is also completely welcome to follow me and speed up the process; what I get frustrated by is the other randoms on the team mounting and pulling everything they see and specifically bringing them to me so they'll aggro to me and I'll kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercruxio View Post
    I would say on average I contribute at least 65% of the total Azerite count at the end, if not more, by going and doing all the objectives and not just killing all the non-rares worth 6-10 Azerite each. My team is also completely welcome to follow me and speed up the process; what I get frustrated by is the other randoms on the team mounting and pulling everything they see and specifically bringing them to me so they'll aggro to me and I'll kill them.
    This is my core frustration with randoms. I'll have someone go off on their own for like 75% of the game (which is totally fine) and then the invasion comes and suddenly BAM. Soon as I pull a big pack of the invading Mogu here comes 112 Warlock with three dozen crocodiles to get caught up in my Multi-shot. Thanks!

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

On a lighter note I'm looking forward to 8.1 where island expedition pets become tradable. At least I'll have something to do with all my repeat pets.

Deleted
    Just had a pirate invasion spawn and got to kill.....2 of them, before my teammates ended. Ugh, why can it even spawn as later as 5000+!??

Quote Originally Posted by Sukramo View Post
    Just had a pirate invasion spawn and got to kill.....2 of them, before my teammates ended. Ugh, why can it even spawn as later as 5000+!??
    Because it us based on combined azerite gathered between both teams. So if alliance do really bad odds are.you will win before an invasion happens

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    This is my core frustration with randoms. I'll have someone go off on their own for like 75% of the game (which is totally fine) and then the invasion comes and suddenly BAM. Soon as I pull a big pack of the invading Mogu here comes 112 Warlock with three dozen crocodiles to get caught up in my Multi-shot. Thanks!
    Had some asshole pull a bunch of shit to me when I was leveling which I'm used to (even though I really wish they wouldn't), what pissed me the fuck off was that the dude stood on top of me with his mount until my aoe aggro'd it all and then immediately bounced to god knows where. I was so mad I straight up did laps around the island not doing anything until it got completed. Dunno why they didn't kick me but fuck people like that, bunch of selfish pricks.

Sorry if this has been asked before, just want to make sure:
    Is normal still the most efficient difficulty if you want to farm for mount and pets?

Quote Originally Posted by Uniqed View Post
    Is normal still the most efficient difficulty if you want to farm for mount and pets?
    I think it's still hard to tell. The most efficient way is to wait until 8.1 and hope for better drop rates on top of other improvements, such as early and sometimes multiple invasions, wider paths between mobs to navigate better and additional rewards from new creep types. I see no reason to struggle right now, unless you have time to burn and enjoy the grind.

imo, yes. It's easy to get the final phase invasion to happen on Normal. It's easy to go off on your own and mow things down if your group wants to split up to look for specific mob types. Even if the drop rate for stuff on Mythic is slightly higher (which its supposed to be, but I've never found it to make a damn bit of difference personally) the fact is you can get more stuff dead faster in normal and if you're intending to bash your head against the RNG wall as much as possible more dead mobs = more success with drops.

Unless further changes are made, normals are definitely still the way to go.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

7+ Year Old Account

Blue say not... but the perception from players is different because the "quantity" and the possibility to have an Invasion is better than Heroic. You can run more IE in Normal and its easier to have a final Invasion. But Higher difficulty can allow you to receive more than one loot.

ttps://www.wowhead.com/news=288498/latam-content-creators-interview-with-jeremy-feasel-and-paul-watkins-flying-in-n

"You have a higher chance of obtaining Island Expedition loot by playing on higher difficulties."

A side from that, I noticed that the very first run after the reset (I do only heroic) have a granted loot. Can be just a coincident but in the last 4/5 weeks, I always got a loot: a toy but mostly blue or green equip.

Did you notice the same?
    Last edited by Tartys; 2018-11-30 at 10:17 AM.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Blue say not... but the perception from players is different because the "quantity" and the possibility to have an Invasion is better than Heroic. You can run more IE in Normal and its easier to have a final Invasion. But Higher difficulty can allow you to receive more than one loot.

ttps://www.wowhead.com/news=288498/latam-content-creators-interview-with-jeremy-feasel-and-paul-watkins-flying-in-n

"You have a higher chance of obtaining Island Expedition loot by playing on higher difficulties."
    I don't think people dispute or disbelieve higher difficulties having a better chance at loot. The problem is this the time spent to loot ratio. Even if heroic had say 100% more loot chance than normal, if it takes more than 100% more time than a normal, then normal remains the more efficient with a better time spent to loot ratio.