Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God King Rastakhan View Post
    Warcraft flopped pretty bad in the box office, so there will most likely never be a sequel.
    It wasn't a commercial high puller, but on a global scale was PRETTY FAR from being a flop...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    It wasn't a commercial high puller, but on a global scale was PRETTY FAR from being a flop...
    Not true, in the Chinese market it blew up. One of the biggest films yet. Outside of China it was struggling to scrape a couple mil at the box office. It has an average rating of 27%, it all but shot Fimmels movie career to shit. They sold off the props. They have actually tweeted that it 'doesn't look good' for a sequal.
    How are there still people who can't won't accept the Warcraft film was a commercial failure in just about every metric used to measure that shite?

I'm not saying there aren't people who liked it, go right ahead. But liking something personally doesn't change the fact that it was a box office flop (outside China).
    It also doesn't actually mean the film was bad or unpopular (I think it was but thats just like, my opinion, man) some of the biggest cult hits ever were total flops when they hit cinemas. Its not a personal dig at anyone or anything to say it was not a success commercially, because it wasn't. It is a fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    Sucks I liked it. And everyone I know liked it. But apparently, we were in minority.
    Ditto, I liked it too. Had alot of promise like The Last Airbender film.

I do think we might see a live-action miniseries on Netflix like there will be for Avatar: The Last Airbender down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Nope. First one wasn't good enough to make it a sure thing, and I doubt WoW will ever recapture the heights of popularity enough to warrant trying for another in the distant future.

...Sadly I must agree.

The time to make and release the WoW movie was when Wrath or Cataclysm were current. Fact is, they waited way too long. They should've never teased a movie almost 10 years in advance. They should have waited until it was production at least. Then even worse is it was obviously a rushed production. Hopefully, lessons were learned and will be applied in the future.

I do think a live action TV series could work personally. A slower paced story telling would be best.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Considering how China is becoming more and more important for Hollywood, it might. I don't think it'll happen in the next couple of years though, depending on Bli$$ard destroying Warcraft with BFA there might not be any Warcraft content in the future.

Regardless, the Chinese market is becoming more and more important for Hollywood, even more so than the US market in the next 10 years I'd imagine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The movie looked too redicilous.
    The live action vs CGI was just too weird.

The high elves and humans with their ridiculous armor and aesthetics just looked weird.
    If this entire movie was CGI or 2D it would have done way better.

Simply put when it went live action it suddenly had a lot to live up to and it failed spectacularly.

This looks like a bad sci-fi tv show.
    plain and simple.
    The movie was 80% CGI, I don't know why they never went all the way and just make it all CGI (obviously budget must have had something to do with it). When you saw that shot of Stormwind when Lothar was leaving for Goldshire, and it panned out you could so easily notice the CGI. The actual cast looked out of place on most backdrops.

But I did still enjoy the movie in my own way, I even watched it again last week.

The whole thing would have been better as a TV series, either animated or live action, the story of the first war cannot be summed up in a 2 hour movie, this was the same problem I had with the Last Airbender movie, when they tried to shove a full first season into one movie. You can't do that and do it justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    It won't happen. They fucked up when they didn't start with Warcraft 3.
    Would have suffered the same fate, (as mentioned above), there's no way you could fit the Warcraft 3 story into a 3 hour movie.

The First War couldn't even be fit into he lore and there's less to explain there, The Third War in Warcraft 3 is like 4 times as big in scope, because at least in the first war it was Orcs & Humans with subtle demon undertones.

With Warcraft 3, there's Orcs, Humans, Dwarves, High Elves, Kirin Tor, Undead, Demons, Trolls, Ogres, The Lich King Ner'Zhul, and thats just the human campaign. There's no way people are going to know all about the characters and races in 2 hours. If you thought they would be lost in the first movie the third movie will blow their mind lol.

I mention this as the main complaint of the Warcraft movie was pacing and critics saying they had no idea what was going on. And that's in a movie which was supposed to be about about Orcs and Humans, but they shoved so much more in, they put in dwarves and elves, they tried to get in too much orc backstory. Durotan and Draka had no place in that first movie as they were not even mentioned until the end of Warcraft 2. Unless they were planning to do an orcs origins story on Dreanor (a'la Rise of the Horde)..
    Last edited by mmocfb48d32508; 2018-11-29 at 02:33 AM.

First one didn't do well enough to warrant a sequel (plus they auctioned off all the movie props, so it's pretty much over for Duncan Jones' version). Shame, really - I would have liked to see a movie about the Lich King storyline at some point. Perhaps one day.

I'd be down for a series of it too since it would mean they wouldn't have to cram everything down to a 2-3 hour movie.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-11-29 at 02:33 AM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i hope it never happens, the first one was the epitome of trash cinema

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    If only you could split up a movie into many parts.
    If they had the mentality of the first movie going in to a Warcraft 3 movie they probably would not be thinking about sequels and try stuffing as much in as possible in that movie too. Otherwise the recent Warcraft movie would have been split into a trilogy instead of being the rushed mess it was. Even Warcraft: Orcs & Humans has so many factors that warrent it to be more than one movie especially with the way they approached the movie by giving us multiple sources. Rise of the Horde by Christie Golden The Last Guardian by Jeff Grubb as well as the Warcraft RTS game itself.

If they had stuck to one of those sources instead of as many as possible we might have gotten a better paced more understandable movie. But they wanted to give us so much to digest that audiences outside of the Warcraft universe were like "whats happening? who is that? whats that? why did that happen?"

Sure if the movie was made with a bigger budget some better narrative and the confidence the movie would do well, then I would say a Warcraft 3 Trilogy would of been possible.. But with that mentality also they would have done the same with the recent movie but they did not

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Contrary to what countless haters blabber about, the movie wasn't nearly as bad as they make it look, it made tons of money in China and did well enough in Europe, only in the US the movie tanked ridiculously hard and clearly for reasons that had nothing to do with the quality of the movie. Nonetheless, the movie was severely flawed and had Duncan's skills and creativity undermined by Universal's approach, too frightened and "safe" to give the movie the barest chance to succeed, a literal self-fullfilled prophecy. There was no point in continuing a project led by people that never put any trust in it to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.