10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking about canceling my Smash physical and just get it digital since its probably gonna have patches and dlc up the wazoo.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I got my wireless switch gc controller yaaaay, time to get smashed
    Think of the input lag you casul, on a similar note i got my original GC controller and the adapter is on it's way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    Think of the input lag you casul, on a similar note i got my original GC controller and the adapter is on it's way.
    I still have my wii u adapter and gc controller.

Not sure what controllers to get for smash, I'm not really a hardcore player so I can't justify buying a bunch of GameCube controllers for local multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just using the joycons because their shorter analog stick range makes it feel more responsive for faster movements.

GameCube controller was shit compared to the Xbox S pad. I used converters to use those and my PS2 pads on the GC.

How convenient, there's an eBay 25% off coupon tomorrow. Time to buy an Eshop card.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2018-11-29 at 02:38 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is the nintendo pro controller worth getting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Switch is probably considered a failure by some if it hasn't outsold PS4's lifetime sales before its second year closes.
    I never said that. Switch wont outsell Ps4 until at least its fourth year, and thats if it does 20m+ a year. Potentially lifetime, but its going to be a while.

I also dont think I ever said that Switch absolutely wont hit 15m more sold in a 6 month perioud. It just seemed like a challenge considering almost no console in history has done that well except for the top couple. Switch has been doing godly, but im waiting for it to fall. It cant keep it up forever. No way any console hits Ps2/DS numbers in the age of smartphones and tablets, and with pc gaming doing so well.

- - - Updated - - -

I will be happy to be proven wrong. I WANT Switch to sell more than 15m in the next 2 quarters. Its just historically it seemed unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

We're done talking about pokemon because there isn't much to it.
    Ive played for I think 16 hours and im on my way to Fushia City. So I'm probably halfway through the main story give or take a few hours. Prob play 5-10 hours of postgame and call it a day. I think 35-45 hours is plenty of time for a game. Not everything has to be 100+ hour juggernaut. Though I do hope Gen 8 has more to it. The reason im fine with 30-40 hours of Lets Go is because ive been here done that kinda 3 times now not counting this time.

Pokemon Yellow.
    Pokemon Gold.
    Pokemon Leaf Green.
    Lets Go.

I dont want another Kanto remake for at least another 15 years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I never said that. Switch wont outsell Ps4 until at least its fourth year, and thats if it does 20m+ a year. Potentially lifetime, but its going to be a while.

I also dont think I ever said that Switch absolutely wont hit 15m more sold in a 6 month perioud. It just seemed like a challenge considering almost no console in history has done that well except for the top couple. Switch has been doing godly, but im waiting for it to fall. It cant keep it up forever. No way any console hits Ps2/DS numbers in the age of smartphones and tablets, and with pc gaming doing so well.

- - - Updated - - -

I will be happy to be proven wrong. I WANT Switch to sell more than 15m in the next 2 quarters. Its just historically it seemed unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive played for I think 16 hours and im on my way to Fushia City. So I'm probably halfway through the main story give or take a few hours. Prob play 5-10 hours of postgame and call it a day. I think 35-45 hours is plenty of time for a game. Not everything has to be 100+ hour juggernaut. Though I do hope Gen 8 has more to it. The reason im fine with 30-40 hours of Lets Go is because ive been here done that kinda 3 times now not counting this time.

Pokemon Yellow.
    Pokemon Gold.
    Pokemon Leaf Green.
    Lets Go.

I dont want another Kanto remake for at least another 15 years.
    I mean i did my 150 pokedex is 23 hours. Master trainers are pointless. No endgame scenarios. Meh

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think Gamefreak will ever move away from a Third game model and just release DLC/an expansion to the main games?

I dont like having to wait 1-3 years for the definitive game in a gen, but I also dont want to buy twice. Id pay 30 dollars for a decently sized expansion to the main game. Maybe add 15-30 hours of postgame for 20-40 dollars.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean i did my 150 pokedex is 23 hours. Master trainers are pointless. No endgame scenarios. Meh
    Ive been shiny hunting for a good 4 of those hours. Ask me how many shinys I got.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I'm thinking about canceling my Smash physical and just get it digital since its probably gonna have patches and dlc up the wazoo.
    Day 1 patch is fixing a syncing oddity with video. Otherwise functional.

Consider physical if you're into the timeless aspect of owning your games. I will be for the sake of not having to buy a larger mem card just yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if Nintendo would hold a press conference for a Switch revision, or if they would show it off during E3?

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you think Gamefreak will ever move away from a Third game model and just release DLC/an expansion to the main games?

I dont like having to wait 1-3 years for the definitive game in a gen, but I also dont want to buy twice. Id pay 30 dollars for a decently sized expansion to the main game. Maybe add 15-30 hours of postgame for 20-40 dollars.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive been shiny hunting for a good 4 of those hours. Ask me how many shinys I got.
    I have no interest in shinies. I get one a game without even trying and who knows if these are going to be forward compatible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no interest in shinies. I get one a game without even trying and who knows if these are going to be forward compatible.
    I got 0 in like 4 hours. Granted that's a couple different sessions, so maybe I didn't wait long enough, but I have little patience.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got 0 in like 4 hours. Granted that's a couple different sessions, so maybe I didn't wait long enough, but I have little patience.
    I got a shiny rattata just walking down a route with 0 chain. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a shiny rattata just walking down a route with 0 chain. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I hate you, but at least it was a ratatta. The only Shiny I REALY want is charmander.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate you, but at least it was a ratatta. The only Shiny I REALY want is charmander.
    I got a shiny yungoos 10 minutes into moon ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    Day 1 patch is fixing a syncing oddity with video. Otherwise functional.

Consider physical if you're into the timeless aspect of owning your games. I will be for the sake of not having to buy a larger mem card just yet.
    I'm keeping my physical order because I have $11 off on it and a $5 coupon from Amazon.

I regretted buying the 3DS digital after I got the Wii U version physical a couple months later. Salty bets using leveled up Amiibo at work was worth it though.

Monster Boy will be shipping in another week or two as well.

I still have 42g left on my 64g card though.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2018-11-29 at 05:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underbottom View Post
    Wow... youtubers will be like. Nope nope nope.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Its a shit sale, most game shit I tried didn't work. Even a shirt didn;t work. Womp womp!

Just a heads up on that ebay sale that starts in 7 hours, if gift cards are eligible, then its a good way to get some extra eshop money.

I have 1 $50, a $20, and a $10 waiting in the cart. With the 25% discount that pretty much makes Nintendo Online free for me.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2018-11-29 at 04:09 PM.