Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GasaiYuno951 View Post
    I was laughing at this post till I read you require a dps meter .... now I see why most raiders are bad lol
    What do you mean? Staring at the chart mid fight helps improve your DPS, therefore you can easily kill the boss. /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    No addon can replace situational awareness. Situational awareness, however, can replace every addon. Saying you need addons as a blanket statement would be saying that nobody has situational awareness. Which is, as already stated, objectively wrong. You needing addons does not mean everyone needs addons.
    This is simply not true. For example RMP/D performs worse in LAN than online, because it's just way too hard to keep track of every DR category on every enemy player in your head.

By situational awareness you probably mean that you don't need addons to tell you when enemy teams use their skills. That's 100% true, you can do that without and it's not hard for top players. The problem lies in timers, like for example DR or interrupt CDs.

You should probably find some PvP guide if you want to read more about these kind of things. It won't make you win the game if you install the addons. You have to really understand the information they provide and how to play around the information. This is way too complicated topic for silly forum discussion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foreversilenced View Post
    Hey so if you are one of those people who say you are old school and don't use addons - please stop joining group activity. I had a Main Tank in a progression guild who refused to download a single addon. Every boss he would just randomly walk into the boss with no prior warning. We never got to prepot. I ended up fighting him after several weeks of this and he gquit mid raid due to his refusal to get an addon. On top of this he was always taunting incorrectly and missing very basic things due to being "oldschool".

I now have a policy that if anyone pulls without a timer I just remove them. Be that a tank ilvl 390. Doing a 10 sec timer SAVES TIME because 20 people open properly, that's more dps = faster boss kill.

Basic requirement should be > a damage / heal metre > dbm / bigwigs. If you can't do that then you are just letting down every person you encounter in groups.

Your anecdote is that of a bad tank, he would be bad even if he had downloaded your list.
    And really, is it the tanks job to make sure the DPS are paying attention? If you have DPS who are that dependant on a timer that it actually gimps their openers not having a countdown, your guild has bigger problems than a shitty tank.
    I mean, how did this guy get to be the MT of a progression raid if he was playing like that? Did you guys not run anything with him until your prog raid? Cause that is probably on your guild. Did you guys PUG him? Again, on y'all.

Basically, you are barking up the wrong tree with this one. I'd be more worried about how you managed to be reliant on a tank that was apparently that bad for your progression.
    I fear you have decided it is the addons that caused the situation and not, you know, everything else surrounding it. Sure the addons didn't make it better, but he was a bad tank regardless and probably shouldn't have been your MT in a prog run. Cause I know for sure I wouldn't want to be part of a guild that apparently doesn't vet its main tanks at all, and apparently has so few alternatives that they will tolerate that crap 'for weeks' before ultimately not doing anything except making a post about how addons make you good. Sort of makes it look like, just maybe, you are either straight lying or you really aren't as good as you believe you are.

Only thing we require in our groups is that you have FUN.

Here's the thing about addons. You don't neccesarily need them

BUT

You'd be better if you use them. It absolutely does not matter how good at the game you are, using certain addons WILL boost your performance. So use them. Bring your 100% or fuck off.

If he was actually olds chool, then he'd pay attention to mechanics and learn the fight while being perceptive to times/buffs. It sounds like more of an excuse for being lazy, honestly.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Here's the thing about addons. You don't neccesarily need them

BUT

You'd be better if you use them. It absolutely does not matter how good at the game you are, using certain addons WILL boost your performance. So use them. Bring your 100% or fuck off.
    Totally fair and reasonable. My point is you can't expect a list of addons to replace having to vet a main tank, which is really what the OP is about if you read it. Old mate and his guild didn't do due dilligence on the tank that they had on a progression run. Have decided it was the addons what done it. I would argue that addons would not have mattered, cause he was bad anyway and noone checked that ahead of time.

You make your team suffer. Don't take on a role such as tank with a potato computer + no addons. Very rude indeed and the type of behaviour I am talking about.
    I see you ignored my entire post so you could remain right with your bias. More evidence of immaturity on your part. Good talk.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2018-11-29 at 03:31 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by dondogshiat View Post
    This is simply not true. For example RMP/D performs worse in LAN than online, because it's just way too hard to keep track of every DR category on every enemy player in your head.
    Whaazz, Chas and Raiku won LAN rounds as RMP (if you want a recent example). Orangemarmalade played exclusively RMP in his heyday, as did Hydra. Keeping track of DRs isn't what makes it worse than others, sorry. As the guy before said, macros can be used for stopwatch timers to track DR. It's what people like Reckful and Hydra did/do.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    It absolutely does not matter how good at the game you are, using certain addons WILL boost your performance.
    If you need them then it's a personal issue. Sorry. Prove me wrong about it not being anecdotal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I see you ignored my entire post so you could remain right with your bias. More evidence of immaturity on your part. Good talk.
    Calling people immature is the last stand of someone who has nothing to say. Much like a spell checker. You have openly admitted the only way you got to raid was by lying. Then when you grew on people they just put up with you. You are not privy to what goes on behind the scenes. How many times you having 0 addons caused problems. How people agonized over if they should kick you or not. Truth is the people kept you when they should not have kept you, otherwise why did you need to lie?

Not having addons + having a bad computer is extremely selfish for group play.

Hey so if you are one of those people who say you are old school and don't use addons - please stop joining group activity. I had a Main Tank in a progression guild who refused to download a single addon. Every boss he would just randomly walk into the boss with no prior warning. We never got to prepot. I ended up fighting him after several weeks of this and he gquit mid raid due to his refusal to get an addon. On top of this he was always taunting incorrectly and missing very basic things due to being "oldschool".
    I'm baffled that he quit before your guild master kicked him out. It's his fault not using addons, it's your fault trying to keep him.

Calling people immature is the last stand of someone who has nothing to say. Much like a spell checker. You have openly admitted the only way you got to raid was by lying. Then when you grew on people they just put up with you. You are not privy to what goes on behind the scenes. How many times you having 0 addons caused problems. How people agonized over if they should kick you or not. Truth is the people kept you when they should not have kept you, otherwise why did you need to lie?

Not having addons + having a bad computer is extremely selfish for group play.
    If you're acting immature, I'm going to call you immature. The only one with a lacking argument here is you. You're the one who pugged a tank then got mad when the pug turned out to be a pug. Shocking.

Now you're just reaching to keep your argument alive. I never lied to anyone, where are you even getting that from? If you wanna debate, that's fine, but don't make shit up. My group was well aware that I couldn't run mods BEFORE I tanked for them, and like I said, I did my homework before I even stepped into a raid. I've told my group many times if I was hindering their progression that I'd step out. Not only have I been tanking ever since, but I'm bumped up to officer. So, your "truth" is nothing more than your bias against people that CAN in fact play differently and still succeed in the game.

You're making a lot of assumptions here, and all of them are incorrect. If you don't like people like me in your raid, that's fine, don't invite us. But if you're gonna sit here and whine that I can't play the game, yeah I'm gonna point out how wrong you are.

You can die on this hill if you want to, but sorry mate, you're wrong.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2018-11-29 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    If you're acting immature, I'm going to call you immature. The only one with a lacking argument here is you. You're the one who pugged a tank then got mad when the pug turned out to be a pug. Shocking.

Now you're just reaching to keep your argument alive. I never lied to anyone, where are you even getting that from? If you wanna debate, that's fine, but don't make shit up. My group was well aware that I couldn't run mods BEFORE I tanked for them, and like I said, I did my homework before I even stepped into a raid. I've told my group many times if I was hindering their progression that I'd step out. Not only have I been tanking ever since, but I'm bumped up to officer. So, your "truth" is nothing more than your bias against people that CAN in fact play differently and still succeed in the game.

You're making a lot of assumptions here, and all of them are incorrect.

People granted you kindness you do not deserve. No addons = you hold back your team. Don't you feel ashamed and guilty? I guess you don't. Ah well some people are like that aren't they. Doing "homework" has nothing to do with having addons.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account

I now have a policy that if anyone pulls without a timer I just remove them. Be that a tank ilvl 390. Doing a 10 sec timer SAVES TIME because 20 people open properly, that's more dps = faster boss kill.

Basic requirement should be > a damage / heal metre > dbm / bigwigs. If you can't do that then you are just letting down every person you encounter in groups.
    I'm curious why you think a damage / heal metre will somehow lead to the boss being one shot

- - - Updated - - -

People granted you kindness you do not deserve. No addons = you hold back your team. Don't you feel ashamed and guilty? I guess you don't. Ah well some people are like that aren't they. Doing "homework" has nothing to do with having addons.
    Or some of us are competent enough to do our job without your little crutches.

I don't feel ashamed at all. We've made progress, continue to make progress and will make progress in future raids. Anyway. I'm done trying to hold your hand through this.

3/10 troll since you got me to respond a few times.

Basic requirement should be > a damage / heal metre > dbm / bigwigs..
    Why? What relevant information does a damage meters provide? I mean, sure, it's fun too look at, but it definitely is not "required", actually, personally, I always make sure they don't show up while I'm in combat.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Whaazz, Chas and Raiku won LAN rounds as RMP (if you want a recent example). Orangemarmalade played exclusively RMP in his heyday, as did Hydra. Keeping track of DRs isn't what makes it worse than others, sorry. As the guy before said, macros can be used for stopwatch timers to track DR. It's what people like Reckful and Hydra did/do.
    Worse than others? What others? Winning couple rounds example on what? What are you even talking about?

Stopwatch doesn't replace DR timers, only helps tracking your DR on single person. Whaaz explained on some stream how he used it. I'm not very interested in the details what tournament players use on lan, but never online. There are so many issues on using SW that you really don't want to get into that. Though, bringing it up I assume that you have to be trolling, so I won't be answering anymore. Have a good night.

edit: oh btw there is a tournament game by whaaz. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6whyzUAwvA
    Last edited by mmoc54cd893078; 2018-11-29 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Or some of us are competent enough to do our job without your little crutches.
    Competent is one thing, but without timers you are objectively not doing 100% of what you could be. If you're not pre-potting, or you're pre-potting too soon, or you're not swapping targets instantly, or you're not using defensives to mitigate untelegraphed AoE spikes, or you're not using range-finders on fights that demand spreading out...

You are objectively, FACTUALLY not doing as well as you could. And when you don't do as well as you could, you make everything just that tiny bit harder on the rest of your raid.

Don't be a selfish prick just because you don't "need" to be cooperative.
    Download DBM.

Edit: (Also, having the timer pop up above your head as your debuff is going to expire is an immense help not only for you, but also for your raid.)
    Last edited by Mixxy; 2018-11-29 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Honestly sounds more fun to me to do raids oldschool style. All this obsession with downing bosses perfectly, every time. The joy of hilarious wipes gone.

Raiders these days are spoiled.
    Old school raiders used add ons too, players who didn't raid might not have. People that were still doing MC when BC launched might not have, but most doing anything close to progression did. Beyond that the game is built around people having add ons now. If people didn't run add ons nobody would have ever beat mythic Archimonde .
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    "Pulling in 3, 2, 1..."

Rocket science.

And you wonder why people are mocking you for being a shitty player...

Only if you're incredibly awful and don't know how to play your fucking character.
    How does using weakauras make someone ‘incredibly awful’??