Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, that points to systemic racism. After all, it was an exhaustive study. I hope you enjoy the read.
    How so? If the "system" is informing you that most crimes are committed by black individuals - if that is in fact the case - how is that an inherently racist assessment?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Yes it does, and your criticism of my remark goes your way too.

The closest thing you've had to systemic racism were the racial laws which existed to intentionally segregate black from white.

You want to claim it's racism? Fine, no contention here, but to claim that the American police force is a racist system, well you're gonna need more than that.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not denying the existence of racism, I am however suspicious of the claim that it's systemic.
    It fits the literal definition. He was using a system, a governmental system mind you, for exploitative reasons. Again, it's not some giant KKK puppetmaster planting his agents around the country to defile minority lives. This is an example of racism being used systematically. The reason why this is seen as more vile and insiduous than "average" racism is because it's one thing to yell the n-word at your neighbor while you're drunk, it is another thing entirely to plan and use a system with power and agency (the police) to target specific people. You can argue all you want that his victims just happened to be mostly black, but therein lies the rub. The thing about racism is you don't have to be like "I hate brown people" to be racist; what makes him racist is for specifically targetting a group already vulnerable and villianized and unlikely to receive reparatations because there is nothing worse in this country than to have committed a crime and be black while doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I mean sure. But again, it doesn't;t make sense to keep handwaving every example of racism as if all the others don;t happen when arguing against a widespread problem.

It would be like a restaurant with 100 people and 70 of them got food poising, but you went around to each person and said their one case of food poising doesn't mean the restaurant has a problem.
    From a quick google there's approximately 800,000 sworn officers. Even if you hear about 1 racist case every day of the year that constitutes less than .1% of the police force. There are a numerous other factors to consider sure, such as unreported cases, but the point I'm trying to make is the media is more capable than ever and even if an incredibly small amount of the population is capable of fucking up you are still going to hear about fuck ups nearly every day due to the sample size.

How so? If the "system" is informing you that most crimes are committed by black individuals - if that is in fact the case - how is that an inherently racist assessment?
    I don't want to post it again but there is plenty of studies and evidence out there that shows that black men face harsher penalties than white men for the same crimes. The true can be said that wealthier men face less harsher penal punishments than poor men. So now imagine being poor and black. Not to mention the SPP and prisons for profit. Slavery is gone, guys, we only just penalize blacks more harshly than whites and then incarcerate them for a tidy profit. Again, you don't have to hate black people to exploit their circumstance and make gains from it.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post

yeah but systemic racism dosent exist, the great intellectual mind of dave rubin and thomas sowell told me
    Surely, as this was one individual and as soon as it was found out he was prosecuted and jailed, it proves that it DOESN'T exist, and people stand up to racism when it's exposed?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I'm not denying the existence of racism, I am however suspicious of the claim that it's systemic.
    Again, you're standing in a forest and going to each individual tree saying, "you one tree does not a forest make".
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

I love it.

Even when bad cops are dealt with, people still get pissed at all cops, including those taking out the bad ones (who must clearly be racist and corrupt and willing to let crimes by other cops slide). Despite, you know, dealing with them. But, you know, still being just as bad. Despite, you know, dealing with them. But, you know, still being just as bad. [Feel free to keep going with the Idiot Logic these people use.]

Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Fungus View Post
    From a quick google there's approximately 800,000 sworn officers. Even if you hear about 1 racist case every day of the year that constitutes less than .1% of the police force. There are a numerous other factors to consider sure, such as unreported cases, but the point I'm trying to make is the media is more capable than ever and even if an incredibly small amount of the population is capable of fucking up you are still going to hear about fuck ups nearly every day due to the sample size.
    There's more than one case a day. Damn near every black person in the country has been pulled over for driving while black.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Yet this far from the only time this sort of shit happens.
    There is a florida woman that was (or still is) spending 25y hard time for shooting her own ceiling to stop her hurband beating her.

Did you look at the study? It took that into account.

Enjoy the study.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Surely, as this was one individual and as soon as it was found out he was prosecuted and jailed, it proves that it DOESN'T exist, and people stand up to racism when it's exposed?
    Umm, no it doesn't. It shows an example of systemic racism was caught, and dealt with. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    It's the only multi-racial country.
    who are you trying to kid

4 people makes it systemic racism now.

Inb4 Trump claims the blacks still did it. #TheCentralPark5