Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    BRB, gonna uninstall addons and join groups specifically because I know OP is reeee'ing about it.

Broseidon, in BFA class design is idiot-friendly enough that if you need a timer telling you when to press Holy Light or when to press Shield Block in order to pull your weight in group content that isn't Mythic+10/higher or Mythic raids, you've got a lot more problems than what addons you're plugging into the game.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    BRB, gonna uninstall addons and join groups specifically because I know OP is reeee'ing about it.

Broseidon, in BFA class design is idiot-friendly enough that if you need a timer telling you when to press Holy Light or when to press Shield Block in order to pull your weight in group content that isn't Mythic+10/higher or Mythic raids, you've got a lot more problems than what addons you're plugging into the game.
    Maybe "okay enough" is good enough for you, but some people like to push themselves to do 100%. Some people don't like deliberately holding their groups back just because they can.
    Last edited by Mixxy; 2018-11-29 at 04:47 AM.

When you play in a group you should be bringing all that you can to a group. That means making use of addons and consumables. Having a dps / hps metre is very useful. It keeps you on point during a fight and it is not a distraction at all. If anything it makes you push that little bit harder. Saying 1 2 3 on voice isn't the same as a proper dbm countdown of 10 seconds where you all are on the same page prepotting the same time.

You are in denial if you think you not having addons isn't effecting your team. Just because you wormed your way in and found people innocent enough to put up with you, doesn't mean you are performing well or doing them any favours. When you have 2% wipes or 1% wipes and it turns out you haven't been maxing your dps through proper prepots or monitoring your own output, yeah that's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dondogshiat View Post
    Worse than others? What others? Winning couple rounds example on what? What are you even talking about?

Stopwatch doesn't replace DR timers, only helps tracking your DR on single person. Whaaz explained on some stream how he used it. I'm not very interested in the details what tournament players use on lan, but never online. There are so many issues on using SW that you really don't want to get into that. Though, bringing it up I assume that you have to be trolling, so I won't be answering anymore. Have a good night.

edit: oh btw there is a tournament game by whaaz. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6whyzUAwvA
    You're not very good at following a conversation.
    a) Worse than other comps.
    b) An example of people who have played said comp on LAN.
    c) Learn to follow a conversation.
    d) Everyone tracks their own DRs, and communicate with one another. Communication > addons (which, coincidentally, is the purpose of why they're disallowed, because it absolves the need to communicate as much. You can see that simply when they listen in during tournaments to the teams).
    e) Someone disagreeing with you and saying you're wrong, isn't trolling just because you lack basic argumentative ability. Gj on the Whaazz find, shame I didn't list him as someone who doesn't use addons. Matter of fact, the two people I listed were Hydra and Reckful. Try again.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    Competent is one thing, but without timers you are objectively not doing 100% of what you could be. If you're not pre-potting, or you're pre-potting too soon, or you're not swapping targets instantly, or you're not using defensives to mitigate untelegraphed AoE spikes, or you're not using range-finders on fights that demand spreading out...

You are objectively, FACTUALLY not doing as well as you could. And when you don't do as well as you could, you make everything just that tiny bit harder on the rest of your raid.

Don't be a selfish prick just because you don't "need" to be cooperative.
    Download DBM.

Edit: (Also, having the timer pop up above your head as your debuff is going to expire is an immense help not only for you, but also for your raid.)
    Again... some of us are able to figure these things out without giant flashing icons and crap. They teach basic timekeeping in elementary school, its not hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by foreversilenced View Post
    When you play in a group you should be bringing all that you can to a group. That means making use of addons and consumables. Having a dps / hps metre is very useful. It keeps you on point during a fight and it is not a distraction at all. If anything it makes you push that little bit harder. Saying 1 2 3 on voice isn't the same as a proper dbm countdown of 10 seconds where you all are on the same page prepotting the same time.

You are in denial if you think you not having addons isn't effecting your team. Just because you wormed your way in and found people innocent enough to put up with you, doesn't mean you are performing well or doing them any favours. When you have 2% wipes or 1% wipes and it turns out you haven't been maxing your dps through proper prepots or monitoring your own output, yeah that's a problem.
    I can only assume you have some sort of learning disability if you need addons to keep track of ability timers. You should probably refrain from raiding since your retardation could be slowing down the group

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you don't need voice comms or keybinds or macros either...but they sure do make everything alot easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Honestly sounds more fun to me to do raids oldschool style. All this obsession with downing bosses perfectly, every time. The joy of hilarious wipes gone.

Raiders these days are spoiled.
    Theres a big difference tho between doin bosses perfectly and missing somethin simple as a tauntswap.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Theres a big difference tho between doin bosses perfectly and missing somethin simple as a tauntswap.
    You mean simple things that can be solved by the two tanks communicating with one another over voice? If your raid has multiple people talking constantly for no reason, thus making it hard for the tanks to do that... That's a problem that should be solved before yelling at people for not having an addon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Yeah, you don't need voice comms or keybinds or macros either...but they sure do make everything alot easier.
    This is a flawed analogy. No amount of "git gud" is gonna make a clicker do as much dps as a high-tier keybind player. Whereas people actually being good, is more than enough to bypass the 'necessity' of addons.
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2018-11-29 at 06:12 AM.

Deleted
    You idea that a damage meter should be a basic requirement tell a lot about you.

If you had a tank like that and the leadership, for some reason didn't want to get rid of him, then they should have taken charge and done the countdown themselves.

whatever happened to manual countdowns in voice? three two one - pull

now I do prefer playing with addons becasue I'm lazy and becasue I hate the layout of basic UI, however... the main problem I'm seeing here is not addons. its lack of communication and your former tank being horrible at being part of a team.

I know I wouldn't want to raid with someone not using addons but when you app to my guild (or any top 500 guild I've seen) they request a screenshot of your UI and if I don't see keybinds and addons I'm going to suggest you not be recruited.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    whatever happened to manual countdowns in voice? three two one - pull
    I don't know about right now but I remember at some point (SoO MoP?) Aff locks wanted a 20 second countdown, do you want to count down from 20 every pull?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    You idea that a damage meter should be a basic requirement tell a lot about you.
    I find damage meters to be very valuable. Ignore the player damage/dps aspect of it and look at the other things it tracks. I personally like to see enemy damage breakdown by ability and having an interrupt counter is nice at times.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I know I wouldn't want to raid with someone not using addons but when you app to my guild (or any top 500 guild I've seen) they request a screenshot of your UI and if I don't see keybinds and addons I'm going to suggest you not be recruited.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about right now but I remember at some point (SoO MoP?) Aff locks wanted a 20 second countdown, do you want to count down from 20 every pull?

- - - Updated - - -

I find damage meters to be very valuable. Ignore the player damage/dps aspect of it and look at the other things it tracks. I personally like to see enemy damage breakdown by ability and having an interrupt counter is nice at times.
    1. do they still require it (and why the heck 20 seconds??)
    2. I do like me some addons and I absolutely use damage meters to track ability use, death recaps etc (though I keep it hidden during the fights, it gets used afterwards where I can look at logs at my leusure - raidleads might look at them during the fights, but ONLY if something is not going right, to figure out exactly WHAT is not going right... at least in the kind of raiding experience I personaly prefer). personaly. all I'm saying is that in case of OP, addons weren't a primary issue. prima donna tank who was terrible at the whole "you are part of a team" thing was. I can just about guarantee that even if he did use addons, he'd still be terrible to raid with.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2018-11-29 at 06:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I understand this aspect quite well, but let's not pretend the OP does.
    And i'm saying this based on his/her responses. IMHO; damage meters should be off during an encounter as they most often only serve as a distraction during one.
    Analysis should be done before and after the encounter, but never during it.

@foreversilenced You should have taken it up with the guild leadership, as it is up to them to create and enforce guidelines.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you have 2% wipes or 1% wipes and it turns out you haven't been maxing your dps through proper prepots or monitoring your own output, yeah that's a problem.
    Warcraft logs when used with live logging provides much better info and overview of the entire fight than any add on can do, anyone who wants to be "serious" should already know this. Besides if there are 1-2 guys who don't run add-ons there are plenty of others out there who have and who are "kind" enough to tell that person who is lacking that they need to step up their game.
    Not arguing about the usefulness of a boss mod, but usefulness of a damage meter to check HPS/DPS. Prioritizing damage meter over boss mod feels kinda weird... Not like following the mechanics is more important then DPS...

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    IMHO; damage meters should be off during an encounter as they most often only serve as a distraction during one.
    Analysis should be done before and after the encounter, but never during it.
    This is true.
    Only thing DPS meters brings is the quick chance to glance who missed dispels, who didn't interrupt and who was slacking on add swapping/damage.

People can play the game however they like. If you don't like playing with people who don't have add-ons then don't.

Also saying the DPS/Heal Meter are priority add-ons is sad.
    Last edited by DrStiglit; 2018-11-29 at 06:57 AM.

Deleted
    Lol. Raiding = hitting a button sequence while dodging repetative patterns. Who the fuck needs an addon for that.

Let's change the title: if you need addons to tell you what to do because you fail at reading boss strategy and are so glaze eyed you dont see big red /green / purple markers on the floor, stay out of groups. Also who cares about prepotting to put out a 100 dps more. You a mythic raider? No. Stop acting like one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foreversilenced View Post
    Calling people immature is the last stand of someone who has nothing to say. Much like a spell checker. You have openly admitted the only way you got to raid was by lying. Then when you grew on people they just put up with you. You are not privy to what goes on behind the scenes. How many times you having 0 addons caused problems. How people agonized over if they should kick you or not. Truth is the people kept you when they should not have kept you, otherwise why did you need to lie?

Not having addons + having a bad computer is extremely selfish for group play.
    So basically, this guy playing on a 'potato' because he wants to have fun playing WoW, should either quit playing in groups because its hindering them (do you have any proof that hes slowing down/impeding his guild? No) or he should go out and spend decent money for a PC, which he might not be able to afford? Flawless reasoning. Love it how you just assume everyone that has stated they don't play with addons are bad because you're such an opinionated moron that cant grasp the fact that not everyone plays like you

Quote Originally Posted by Valette View Post

Edit. I do think blizzard probably should just add a countdown function to the base game (which you should be able to disable in options)
    There is a macro function for this in the game. I used it back in my old school days when DBM didn't exist. If I'm correct the function you're looking for is /in. So /rw Pull in 10 /in 2 /rw Pull in 8 etc.

I wish this game was a bit like ffxiv. where people where banned if they pestered you with addons and dps meters.