Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly the system needs to be changed. Hell, it needed to be changed back then. It is unhealthy the efforts you have to go through to hit R14. I'm not saying they need to make it so that every single player can hit R14 given enough time, but seriously, requiring people to spend 15+ hours A DAY just to HOPEFULLY hit R14 is fucking ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Every player i know get the r14 with account sharing, one playing on night, one player on day..

Quote Originally Posted by Grosjean369 View Post
    Every player i know get the r14 with account sharing, one playing on night, one player on day..
    Sounds like the only feasible way for anyone with a full-time job, as an undergraduate you could probably get it done solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneer View Post
    Sounds like the only feasible way for anyone with a full-time job, as an undergraduate you could probably get it done solo.
    Good luck playing 24hrs a day solo for weeks on end.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Honestly the system needs to be changed. Hell, it needed to be changed back then. It is unhealthy the efforts you have to go through to hit R14. I'm not saying they need to make it so that every single player can hit R14 given enough time, but seriously, requiring people to spend 15+ hours A DAY just to HOPEFULLY hit R14 is fucking ridiculous.
    honestly NOTHING needs to be changed.

/end thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuvio View Post
    Good luck playing 24hrs a day solo for weeks on end.
    If that's factually accurate & not hyperbole then why didn't Blizzard just ban every R14 given IP logging was available back then to verify account sharing?

From what i've herd, back in the day most people who coordinated the order of earning R14 on the server were looking to play for 12-16 hours a day over 3-4 months.

Happy to be corrected on this if you can show me a source of accounts needing to play 24 hours a day to earn it though.

Are you saying Vanilla was not perfect?
    Heresy!
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Depends what other people on your server are doing if the system remains the same.

"Be unemployed" is probably a good start
    Your right. "Be unemployed" is a good start. After that comes:

- Don't have a girlfriend/boyfriend
    - Don't have irl friends
    - Don't participate in family events (birthdays etc.)
    - Don't have any hobbies
    - Don't have any pets (unless you're a horrible person and neglect them)
    - You need to like coffee

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing should be changed now because people want the game as it was.

However... Most people who played vanilla back then agree that the pvp system was one of the worst part of vanilla and it should have been changed back in 2005-2007. But as it wasn't it shouldn't be changed now neither. It's too late for that. Vanilla is Vanilla. The window of changes closed with the release of TBC.

15+ Year Old Account
    Was playing basically non stop other than highschool and got Warlord. Had to stop because of exams and missed HWL. FML.

Would be good if they made the ranking up system a bit more relaxed similar to the arena Glad system.

I aimed for r14 on my server. It involved afk-ing in arathi basin after school until I went to sleep for 2 months. Managed to get around rank 12-13 when the other farmers contacted me and asked me to stop and be in on their rotation. Then we got internet issues and I lost too much time to even bother with it. No idea if I would get rank14 without sharing and without playing 24/7. Considering they contacted me I assume I probably could.

Old system is pretty bad though. Since it doesn't reward skill. I honestly did nothing in the bg's. Afk at mines and move from time to time to not get booted. If you don't play you lose too much and you need to constantly put in the time.

But it's classic, so it should be that way, I'm glad they got rid of it though even if I don't pvp anymore cause I burned out pretty heavily on it regardless.

The system does not require you to put in that much time. You can put in those hours per week and reach rank 14. The system only requires you to gain more honour than the rest, so you need to convince them not to play that much either.
    Which is the whole point of a premade with rank rotation.

I personally think the system could have been better. This is without a doubt. But I strongly disagree with it changing, because that was the system we had back when, and lots of people will be playing because of the pvp system.
    I got rank14 on a fairly low pop pve server. I don't envy those who had to play on high-pop pvp servers.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2018-11-29 at 02:49 PM.

Deleted
    Having no job/irl duties or account sharing. These are the only ways to reach Rank 14 in Vanilla.

A brand new package of socks to poop into.

Even though I've always identified as a #nochanges kinda guy, this is most certainly one aspect of Classic that I would take no issue if the whole original system was scrapped. I'm of course okay if it stays the same, I have absolutely no interest in doing this aspect of the game over again for the purpose of the items or prestige.

I completed the GM grind before battle groups happened - there were roughly 20 or so other players on horde and alliance who also had on my server. Many more than that had completed FM though. My pvp group was one of two dedicated alliance GM/FM grind groups on a medium pop server. On any given BG weekend, it was commonly required any one pushing for GM to have upwards of 1.5-1.8 million honor gained a week.

Our server only had 1 dedicated horde HWL group, and two other "for fun/impede alliance progress/in top tier raid gear" group that would queue up for a couple of hours a day, every day or two to run interference on our group or the other to keep us from steam rolling over our servers pugs. Our servers horde HWL group constantly queue dodged us, they would only sometimes queue dodge the other alliance team because they knew the second alliance team was usually a roster filled of account sharers who were inept / easy win.

Aside from the alliance teams, we had around 10 or so freelance players grinding for GM/FM. However, when I say freelance, these players were most definitely paying for a service or being account shared and existed outside any team. They were never offline. Where as it required our team winning constant games for 6/7 hours a day, these bot like characters threatened gains from both teams by playing around the clock. Their total number of HK's completely dwarfed ours, even though it was rare for us to lose one or two BG's in an entire week. From some friends on the horde side, supposedly they had around 20-30 of these sorts who were engaging in some sort of freelance account sharing / paid service - black listed from both the main horde pvp team and the fun pvp team.

I highly doubt there is anyone who intimately experienced the Vanilla pvp grind who looks back and would ever say it was a good system. The flaws of it are glaring. The pvp grind does not foster or encourage ANY competition between horde and alliance. It's completely one sided, where one or both established teams will queue dodge each other because sitting in a 30+ minute queue to play a hard fought game against another good team costs you severely in honor per hour while the other team or freelance players are gaining or otherwise not being impeded. Because honor per hour is the focus, the system promotes account sharing / paid service, this cannot be denied. Lastly, with how honor is calculated weekly, honor decay, etc. the ONLY competition in this whole system is one faction competing against other players of their own faction. It's a completely brainlet system.
    Last edited by evogsr; 2018-11-29 at 06:13 PM.
    Noob Blocker share link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fgD...ew?usp=sharing

I am not the original author of this addon.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post

Getting those titles was arguably the most difficult thing to do in Warcraft. The only things that come to mind are world-first kills (particularly things like pre-nerf M'uru) and some solo kills (Yogg) but...it's just kind of apples to oranges, as the PvP titles were the only thing that ever pitted people with crazy amounts of time to spend on the game against each other.
    There's alot of misconceptions, poorly informed people and just straight up dumb shit on these forums, but this probably takes the cake. Yes, it is comparing apples to oranges. It's even dumber than that. And that sentence, "particularly things like pre-nerf M'uru" makes 0 sense. This pedestal that he's been put on over the years is an arbitrary myth, nothing more. Both us and Nihilum killed him before the spell pushback nerf, after 3-4 days of progress. And comparing honor grind to soloing PvE bosses?! Are you guys mental? What a load of crap this quote is.

Wow, I only heard jokes about how High Warlord is like an "I'm unemployed" badge, but damn.

I thought it was just a very very long grind, not that you have to play 10+ hours a day for 4 weeks without any breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    Wow, I only heard jokes about how High Warlord is like an "I'm unemployed" badge, but damn.

I thought it was just a very very long grind, not that you have to play 10+ hours a day for 4 weeks without any breaks.
    Those 3-4 weeks are from rank 13 alone, not from the start, mind you..

what it will take:

- if you have pets, take them to the pound about 1-2 weeks prior to launch, you don't want them crapping around, begging for food and water, a major distraction
    - if you have a girlfriend, etc. break up at least one month before classic WOW release, to work out any issues that will distract game play time
    - if you have kids, on launch, tell them you will miss them and hope to see them in about one year
    - if you are married, you should be consulting a lawyer now. in van wow, several friends were served papers, had to quit playing WOW at like rank 11-12 due to legal action, having to move and trying to save their marriages...never made rank 14. don'y worry. good news, BC released and they still ended up getting a divorce

10 hour days of playing wow for at least 2 months.