It surprises me how people can be so surprised. Bethesda is known for releasing buggy games and their titles are just copies with different names and look. I'm really enjoying the show though.

Bethesda and EA are two companies I have no idea how they are still in business¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Bethesda and EA are two companies I have no idea how they are still in business¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    What annoys me the most is that they earn such a boatload of money on sales and microtransactions that nothing will really change to their way of doing business.

The more hardcore/passionate players may have a little uprising now and then, but the masses - as in average Joe not involved on gaming forums, parents buying games for their kids etc - will just keep spending money on their stuff no matter how bad it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Not surprised at all, I've loved every game I've played by Bethesda besides FO76. I do agree they release buggy games and mods are what make their games amazing. If it wasn't for mods, then yes I'd be surprised they are in business (well not really, base games are still good), but the games they release give the user so much freedom, you can create your own storyline in it if you know how to mod and then release it to everyone. Not many triple A games allow you to do this.

With EA, they make FIFA. It's the best football game available. It makes them a tonne of cash each year. I still think Battlefield is the best FPS, but I've stopped buying it for now. Battlefront is Star Wars, people will buy it regardless, also the game plays extremely well, like Battlefield and looks amazing graphics wise. I don't get the love over the Sims games, and why people by so many addon packs for it. Sims fans spend loads of money, they get totally ripped off.

So no, I'm not surprised these companies are still in business, especially EA who know how to make money.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2018-11-29 at 09:57 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    What annoys me the most is that they earn such a boatload of money on sales and microtransactions that nothing will really change to their way of doing business.

The more hardcore/passionate players may have a little uprising now and then, but the masses - as in average Joe not involved on gaming forums, parents buying games for their kids etc - will just keep spending money on their stuff no matter how bad it is.
    Not exactly. Look what Battlefront 2 outrage brought, now with FTC investigation into lootboxes. Pretty sure Bethesda will also think twice next time, before pulling similar half-assed joke of a game.

https://twitter.com/fallout/status/1...597843968?s=21
    But honestly, how can you fuck up so hard all the time? Do they live in a different world? Probably they are, considering they released paid mods, while saying they are not paid mods, just "mini DLCs". It's like EA CEO saying, that Anthem wasn't postponed, while it was postponed! They either live in a fantasy world, induced by the fumes of all those $$$ they made, or they think us complete idiots. Probably both.

Response about the bag:
    "Hello,

We are sorry that you aren't happy with the bag. The bag shown in the media was a prototype and was too expensive to make.

We aren't planning on doing anything about it.

Bethesda Gear Store Support - North America"

Just...wow...
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2018-11-29 at 11:54 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post

that's what you need to realize. let it shatter the lie you've got yourself believing about reality.

no matter how passionate some people are about something, there's a soulless and unfeeling mass of consuming flesh out there that will always invalidate you by sheer force of number, and there's nothing we can do about it.

the world is damned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    At this point im sure that F76 is just social experiment on how far can game company go and still be defended. There is no way to screw this much unintentionally.

I just hope it will quiet down soon because im sick of 50 F76 videos in suggested section on youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post

I just hope it will quiet down soon because im sick of 50 F76 videos in suggested section on youtube.
    That is no joke. At first it was tons of suggestions of watching people play the game, now its tons of suggestions while this game is basically the antichrist and is bringing about the end of the world. The game is shit, and after a while I get tired of looking at shit. It amazing to see how many of the personalities i follow in the industry have gone from Hyped to Disillusioned so quickly, hell Destiny didn't have this falloff so quickly.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Think it's safe to say that for the 2 weeks this has been out it's been a total mess.

And the way Bethesda have handled it all isn't helping either.

So they are sending out "refunds" over the duffle bag shitstorm, whole 5 fucking dollars in ingame currency.

Aww you got scammed? We are so sorry have this.

Then again, people who spent money on this garbage of an game that is detrimental to the industry as a whole, kinda deserves to be scammed i guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    At this point im sure that F76 is just social experiment on how far can game company go and still be defended. There is no way to screw this much unintentionally.
    It makes sense, considering Vaults in Fallout series were social experiments itself. Bethesda simply gave us IRL Fallout experience. We Vault Dwellers now boys!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    This game could use some more organized end-game content. BiS gearing for one. For starters, it seems to have a similar problem that BFA has with RNG geared towards getting people to play for the long run to gear up BiS but there isn't enough actual substance to keep players around in the short run. I got like, 20+ or so legendaries doing that group method thing I posted about earlier. None of them were really decent, or guns I needed, or (mostly not) 3 star gear, or with legendary gear with ideal bonuses. How long would it have taken me to farm that many legitimately? There's so many stars that need to align for a good piece of equipment...
    I think this is just a holdover from FO4 and that style of loot system where garbage rained from the sky, and "keeper" stuff was in the 5% range, and I think that is being generous. I had so many legendary rolling pins in FO4 it wasn't even funny. Most of my 76 legendaries have come from Whitespring (I always go there if I'm nearby to clear things out).

Thing is I'm not sure how to fix the system without funneling people to certain areas/mob types to farm, and thereby creating population clusters looking for BIS gear, while other areas that wouldn't drop good stuff get ignored. Ideally I think they should let you strip the prefix off with right combo of perks, and the apply that to the same piece of armor or weapon. that way you're at least ok if you get the prefix you like, and with some work can put it on the item you want it on.

Is it all this engines games or just 76, or just me, that sit abnormally heavily on the CPU? Just got a new GPU so I've been temperature testing and such, running both cpu-z and gpu-z. This game barely touches my video card, like 500mhz, shit WOW hit my card more, but my CPU is capped out. Seems weird.

So apparently they didn't delete that reddit post, that was the automoderator doing so because of how much it was being downvoted. Not their fault then, so I retract my additional criticism of it, but hot damn is it funny how poorly received their poorly thought out responses are so far.

Can't wait to hear the booing at Todd next year during E3 when they talk more about Starfield and its using the Creation Engine like FO76.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Can't wait to hear the booing at Todd next year during E3 when they talk more about Starfield and its using the Creation Engine like FO76.
    Well I mean... he is kinda asking to be booed.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    Oh god I'm dying. Bethesda is getting dragged so hard for their "make-good" package and they deserve every single (non-harassment) shitpost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people here need a long, deep breath.

Fallout 76 is flawed and the way it was launched is unacceptable. The whole collector edition debacle makes this even worse.

I understand why a lot of people here are angry. Fallout 76 feels like a horrible cash grab, something that was rushed out of the oven just to make a quick buck. To give praise means that we’re accepting Bethesda of all companies to have the despicable behavior of other AAA magnates like Activision or EA: a buggy mess that doesn’t even try to hide that it just wants your money.

But this war of ethical values shouldn’t blind us, just like fanboyism shouldn’t. And as it’s been stated, we need to look at the game from another angle. Echo chambers are a plague in our society and we shouldn’t give in so easily.

Anyone remember ESO and how utterly disgusting it was when it launched? The beta shattered the hopes for a good TES online game in the most nightmarish way. But look at it today: it’s one of the strongest MMO on the market. Is it too far fetched to think Fallout 76 can still be salvaged?

There has to be some sort of consequence on Bethesda for releasing the game as is and because of the PR nightmare/collector edition insult, but I’ve personally spent 50+ hours in the game. I’m level 54 and yes, I’m having a blast.
    Last edited by Zandalarian Paladin; 2018-11-29 at 07:24 PM.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh god I'm dying. Bethesda is getting dragged so hard for their "make-good" package and they deserve every single (non-harassment) shitpost.
    As much as I think the actual game is okay (glitchy, but okay), the shitfest around the nylon bag is completely deserved. I love canvas stuff (carried a canvas wallet for years), and that would've been half the reason I would've gone for the Power Armor edition. Glad, in retrospect, I didn't.

How cheaply is the helmet made? I wasn't too thrilled about the pipboy I got from the FO4 special edition, which is why I didn't buy the power armor edition here.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.