Last time we did 10-0-0 it was the season after the lockout, '06, and we went to the Eastern Conference Finals. I was in law school, and I've now been a lawyer for almost a decade. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post

Meanwhile whenever the team actually does well the size of the Canucks bandwagon reaches unfathomable levels, filled with people from the outlying cities that don't follow the team and are only interested in having something to gloat about.

I'm constantly frustrated by the way the majority of Canucks fans act because they give all of us such a bad reputation.
    Yeah that's pretty much what I noticed. Became hard to want them to succeed after I realized it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Yeah, I'm watching the Sabres, Skinner notches one to take the NHL lead with 18.......next thing I know Laine has 5 tonight and 19 total.
    Really no idea how the Canes gave up Skinner for so little.

10 in a row....with Tampa losing, 1st in the East. Nashville losing in the 3rd, could be clear cut #1 in the league if it holds up, 25 games through the season. No team has ever finished last one season and then led the league through 25 games the following year.

Oh and Skinner notched his 19th.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Laine is on fire.
    Did he finally give up Fortnite?

Seriously though, Papi is back from injury and scored a deuece against the Sharks. Methinks they should have stopped trying to go after Kadri for pulling Thornton's pube beard last year and actually put in some effort shutting down our offense.

I also have a feeling that Mitch Marner is a legit MVP candidate now. I wish he'd shoot the puck more but he is the real deal when it comes to being an elite player.

- - - Updated - - -

10 in a row....with Tampa losing, 1st in the East. Nashville losing in the 3rd, could be clear cut #1 in the league if it holds up, 25 games through the season. No team has ever finished last one season and then led the league through 25 games the following year.

Oh and Skinner notched his 19th.
    U no can haz first place, sorry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Did he finally give up Fortnite?
    I seriously hope so, that thing is cancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Walking wounded right now. No Arvi, Turris and Subban all out for what looks to be extended amounts of time. Thank God Hamhuis has been solid, but still leaves a very crap 3rd pairing.

First line has struggled without Arvi's speed. 2ns line has struggled all year even with Turris. Thankfully Watson has been really good since coming back and a few other guys have stepped up here and there.

U no can haz first place, sorry.
    Congrats, you're tied with us with a game in hand.

(Can't resist the snark against Leafs fans).

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

To he honest, I am very much looking forward to the game next week. Should be fun to watch two high flying teams go at it. Also, no snark allowed considering how bad Buffalo has been as a sports city for so long. About time you slackers finally had something worth cheering for.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I seriously hope so, that thing is cancer.
    Can't argue with that!

To he honest, I am very much looking forward to the game next week. Should be fun to watch two high flying teams go at it. Also, no snark allowed considering how bad Buffalo has been as a sports city for so long. About time you slackers finally had something worth cheering for.

Can't argue with that!
    Bruh, my team has been to a Stanley Cup Finals twice since y'all last appeared in it. And one of those appearances was in the 70s. We've even won the President's Trophy, something y'all have never done.

Besides, I think most Sabres fans are excited not necessarily for this season (we all expect the Sabres to come back down to earth and probably, at this point, be a wild card) but because the future is bright. If we can sign Skinner, he's 26, Eichel is 21, Dahlin will be 19 in April, Mittlestadt is 20, even Reinhardt is only...23? IDK. Tage Thompson might even be something out of the nothing we were expecting him to be, and he's 21. Ullmark is young once we're done with Hutton. Risto is early 20s. We've got another Swedish defenseman leading the AHL in scoring right now, Pilut, who is 21.

Oh, and tickets for that Sabres/Leafs game on the secondary market are over $1000. For a Tuesday night game, in November. Everyone's going crazy, and if we somehow manage to extend the winning streak to 13 going into that game, watch out, the city might burn down for that game. Our next four games are TB/Florida back-to-back, though, with Nashville/Toronto back-to-back on the other side of the weekend, which seems a bit unfair seeing as Toronto only has one game between last night and our game Tuesday, and we have 3, lol. Including playing IN Nashville on Monday and flying back for the Tuesday game.

But does it really feel like a game in hand when we just got back Matthews and Nylander has until Dec 1?

- - - Updated - - -

Bruh, my team has been to a Stanley Cup Finals twice since y'all last appeared in it. And one of those appearances was in the 70s. We've even won the President's Trophy, something y'all have never done.
    You can go 18-1 or make it to the end multiple times in a row, but it's still nothing compared to winning the Superbowl.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one cares about winning the President's Trophy, anyone with a brain knows that trophy curses the team who wins it, just look at the Caps. And well, winning it all is ultimately what matters, getting to the playoffs as President's Trophy winners means you just won the grind that is the first leg of the marathon, but if you can't finish the last leg and win the Cup, then it's just disappointment. Let's be honest here, no one wants their team to just be good enough to make the playoffs, that's a pretty shitty goal.

As for our schedule, we just got off playing 4 games in 6 nights, so cry me a river @eschatological.

No one cares about winning the President's Trophy, anyone with a brain knows that trophy curses the team who wins it, just look at the Caps. And well, winning it all is ultimately what matters, getting to the playoffs as President's Trophy winners means you just won the grind that is the first leg of the marathon, but if you can't finish the last leg and win the Cup, then it's just disappointment. Let's be honest here, no one wants their team to just be good enough to make the playoffs, that's a pretty shitty goal.

As for our schedule, we just got off playing 4 games in 6 nights, so cry me a river @eschatological.
    We played 6 in 9 nights, got two days off, and now we're doing 5 in 8. This has been a killer part of the schedule for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's be honest here, no one wants their team to just be good enough to make the playoffs, that's a pretty shitty goal.
    What's the Maple Leaf's goal then? Hope the league contracts down to six teams again so they have a chance?
    /s

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    What's the Maple Leaf's goal then? Hope the league contracts down to six teams again so they have a chance?
    Good to see you don't pay much attention to our team then. The goal this year, like every year is to win the Cup. The expectation from at least us level headed fans is progress, preferably making it to the ECF should be a reasonable expectation for our young team, our road to the ECF right now might be ridiculous unless one of the teams in our division falls off the earth. And our division is brutal looking right now. Buffalo has been a bit of a surprise, I wondered when they would finally get it right and it looks like they have most of the pieces to be a competitive team, Montreal looks pretty solid too. Of course, Tampa is right there. Outside of Nashville and Colorado (who have everything going right for them finally), no one else in the west is very threatening. The arms race has swung back to the East and in the next few years, the champs will come out of the East.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2018-11-30 at 03:07 AM.

This is factually incorrect. The President's Trophy winner historically has the greatest chance to win. The problem is that greater chance is still only a 20% chance, but it's still a higher chance than any other position going into the playoffs.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, as a Toronto fan, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired of the Nylander drama. Christ, it's been 3 months and I am absolutely sick of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we're still complaining about schedules, I have a complaint about the King's schedule, its very tough, every team they play is better than them.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    My god what are you not thinking about Tom “Raffi Torres” Wilson. At this rate he will have to start paying back salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    My god what are you not thinking about Tom “Raffi Torres” Wilson. At this rate he will have to start paying back salary.
    The thing is where he makes these hits. If he was battling for position or the puck or something and made a bad hit, ok at least you could argue just playing hard and messed up, but that's not what he does. His stupidity is he clips guys in open ice where it sticks out like a sore thumb and there is zero reason to make a hit to begin with.

Even if it's not a head hit, you gotta be smarter than that, especially when you have a target the size of Texas painted on your back.

The thing is eventually the league has to do something to protect him. He's so big few can go to to toe with him so someone is eventually going to two hand his face with a stick. It's going to get out of hand eventually.
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2018-12-01 at 10:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The hit was bad, not head shot bad. But you did not have to do that at all. Your reputation is not going to do you any favours at all. If anything it'll escalate the response.

The next time he hits somebody and it's bad (let's be fair it'll be before the season is up). I think you're going to see people go over the boards to get at him. I think the rest of the players don't like him because he's extremely reckless and shown not to care about what he does.