Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RundinO View Post
    To be fair, I already do this with my Hunter (tech heavy theme). Not something new. With Tinkerer as what you say, would be another redundancy of classes. All you have to do is give my Hunter a mech suit ability and I'd be a Tinkerer.
    Not even close. Having tech themed gear != being a tech themed class.

A hunter is a hunter. You get 1, maybe 2, pets. Those pets can be mechanical, but are still normal pets.

A Tinker, as many would imagine the class, would be closer to, say, the current iteration of Demo Lock, but heavily tech themed with a Mech Suit and guns.

The point is that a lot of the robot pets (more minions than pets) wouldn't have a pet bar. The idea would be similar to the Engineer class from Torchlight 2. And your argument is basically, "That class is redundant because of my transmog." Can your hunter act as a healer for the group? Can your hunter properly tank an instance? Not your pet, but your hunter?

The Tinker class would also give them the opportunity to add a new weapon type, 1h guns that can you can DW. That would be a benefit for Hunters as well. And hell, Outlaw Rogues could be tweaked to utilize pistols as well, perhaps a pistol in the offhand, sword in the main hand? Would definitely feel more "Pirate" like, which is the obvious theme there.

The opportunities for what could be added to the game with a Tinker class far outweigh what would be added with some weird hybrid of existing classes, dunked in purple. The Dark Ranger class that people have mentioned always ends up being "It's Markmanship, but this time, in Void flavor!" Additionally, there is zero logical way you could explain the Alliance having Dark Rangers, as they are literally Sylvanas' personal guard. So what? Back to different classes for each faction?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    I would rather blizzard cancel wow expansions altogether than add more melee. We have less ranged specs in the game than vanilla at this point. Ranged or nothing imo.
    That's why it also comes with a ranged spec, not like you can play 2 specs at once, so if you fancy ranged, you play that...
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Problem with Tinker is that they'll suffer from same race limitations as DHs did. They'll probably be limited to like 2 races per faction. Gnomes and Junker Gnomes for Alliance and Goblins and...what other Horde class can be Tinkers? Maybe Vulpera?

Not a lot of tech savvy classes in WoW, it's really only Goblins and Gnomes, anything else would be stretching it.
    While right now, that might be true, Allied Races could be added, and there are more races currently in the Alliance that would make sense, like both Dwarf races. They would need to bring up some kind of tech-savvy Allied race for the Horde to make it balanced, for sure. But they did Demon Hunters with literally 1 race per faction being eligible and it doesn't seem to have impacted them getting played.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I would also like a pure Void-themed class, even a 2-spec one would be fine, Demon Hunter proved that works. One spec is 'pure' Void shadow magic while the other is the more physical, gross eldritch tentacle mutation aspect of the Void.
    I wouldn't mind a class that shifts into something like this when they go melee.
    Last edited by RundinO; 2018-11-29 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    I just want a tank based around PURE evasion, nothing else, just evasion, no stagger, no parry, just evasion.

And another ranged spec, there hasn't been one since the games release lol.
    as a matter of a fact, since the games release, they have added
    5 Melee specs (Survival, DK*2, Monk*1, DH*1)
    1 Healer Spec (Monk)
    3 Tank specs (DK, Monk, DH).
    and they have LOST 1 Ranged spec (Survival).

I think the next class should not even have a melee spec at this point.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    Not even close. Having tech themed gear != being a tech themed class.

A hunter is a hunter. You get 1, maybe 2, pets. Those pets can be mechanical, but are still normal pets.

A Tinker, as many would imagine the class, would be closer to, say, the current iteration of Demo Lock, but heavily tech themed with a Mech Suit and guns.

The point is that a lot of the robot pets (more minions than pets) wouldn't have a pet bar. The idea would be similar to the Engineer class from Torchlight 2. And your argument is basically, "That class is redundant because of my transmog." Can your hunter act as a healer for the group? Can your hunter properly tank an instance? Not your pet, but your hunter?

The Tinker class would also give them the opportunity to add a new weapon type, 1h guns that can you can DW. That would be a benefit for Hunters as well. And hell, Outlaw Rogues could be tweaked to utilize pistols as well, perhaps a pistol in the offhand, sword in the main hand? Would definitely feel more "Pirate" like, which is the obvious theme there.

The opportunities for what could be added to the game with a Tinker class far outweigh what would be added with some weird hybrid of existing classes, dunked in purple. The Dark Ranger class that people have mentioned always ends up being "It's Markmanship, but this time, in Void flavor!" Additionally, there is zero logical way you could explain the Alliance having Dark Rangers, as they are literally Sylvanas' personal guard. So what? Back to different classes for each faction?
    Nothing here, other than "lots of pets", was further elaborated on in your previous post. Other than having even more pets than I do now, I was still on point.

With your "updated" vision of what you think a Tinkerer should be, I can better see it as a possible addition.

That's why it also comes with a ranged spec, not like you can play 2 specs at once, so if you fancy ranged, you play that...
    That's the thing though: Blizzard has shown that they end up making the melee specs OP while the ranged suffer. And then make fights like Mythraxx where having 80% melee will destroy you. Additionally, there has been more than enough melee added to the game. Melee in the form of a tank is one thing. But melee DPS? We have so many specs already that there really isn't any gameplay style that isn't covered.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    as a matter of a fact, since the games release, they have added
    5 Melee specs (Survival, DK*2, Monk*1, DH*1)
    1 Healer Spec (Monk)
    3 Tank specs (DK, Monk, DH).
    and they have LOST 1 Ranged spec (Survival).

I think the next class should not even have a melee spec at this point.
    What about a healer with an extremely short range? Amazing healing ability but very short range, like a battlefield medic of sorts. ...and two ranged healing/dps specs.

Edit: I think @Thagrynor's version of Tinkerer might be able to pull this off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind a class that shifts into something like this when they go melee.
    You're painting a picture, and I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    It is mega obvious that the next class will be Dark Rangers. I believe it should be restricted to undead but of course blizzard will also give it to alliance to be faire with both faction while spitting on fantasy.

In what way is it 'mega obvious?'

Nothing here, other than "lots of pets", was further elaborated on in your previous post. Other than having even more pets than I do now, I was still on point.

With your "updated" vision of what you think a Tinkerer should be, I can better see it as a possible addition.
    The point I was making is that I was saying we needed a Demo Lock, and you came back with "Well, I have a cool Shadowy Transmog for my Frost Mage, so the class is redundant." Just having a pet and having a set of gear that looks like the theme of the class itself doesn't mean you are causing redundancy for an entire class. It is the same reason that a Tinker can exist while Engineering as a profession exists. It is the same reason a Warrior can exist while a Blacksmith exists. Using some gear is not the same as having that theme literally running through your veins.

Tinker would be Tech from bottom to top. Everything would be all Tech like. Healer would fire healing potion filled darts at people for direct heals. They would throw a gas grenade of healing gas. Basically, it is a healing spec very much in the vein, thematically, as the Mercenary Healing spec in SWTOR. The tank would have a little tiny dude piloting a badass Hulk buster style mech suit. Bruce Banner in the Hulk Buster armor in Infinity War was awesome. That is what tanking would be like during that cooldown. For DPS, that cooldown would be something similar to being like D.va in Overwatch. You could use the same cooldown for the healer too with the weapons being changed out for like a healing laser beam. The Mech Suit cooldown would be akin to Ascendance, in that it is the same basic CD idea, but the incarnation is themed around the spec itself and what buffs it gives depend on your spec.

There is just so many ways to implement it and make it amazing. Any sort of Void class would be so limited in what they would bring thematically and outside of the Void Lord war that it would feel, thematically, similar to Death Knights or Demon Hunters. The Lich King is dead, so Death Knights feel like their purpose for being is gone. The Legion is defeated, so the purpose of Demon Hunters has passed. We would have the same for any heavily Void themed class.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    IDC what the next class is, but whatever it is should use Bows/Guns and wear mail.
    I agree.

I also think that 4th specs could be cool. Dark Ranger could be a good Rogue Spec that only uses ranged weapons. A Shockadin/DW Pally would be interesting, Necromancer for DKs, Chronomancy/Blood for Mages, 2h Tanking for Shamans, Ranged DPS (Red Crane) for Monks and all sorts of other things. The balancing issues would be nightmarish, though.

5+ Year Old Account
    @Thagrynor You had me at...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    Mercenary Healing spec in SWTOR.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    I just want a tank based around PURE evasion, nothing else, just evasion, no stagger, no parry, just evasion.
    It won't work because that'd make the class either brokenly OP or just simply broken. With nothing else to mitigate the damage other than 'pure evasion', two hits from the boss would mean your death. Or just be like rogues back in BC and evade 100%. And to make matters worse: you cannot dodge spells.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eew.

Tinkers are way better and more unique than Shadow Priest Deluxe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Anything but Tinker is fine in my book.

I'm so sick of the Void.

Tinker is where it's at.

I would rather blizzard fix their current classes, they can’t even handle that.

If I see another high mobility melee I'll puke on my keyboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    We could really use an actual Void based class instead of just having 1 spec use it. The Void is basically 1 of 2 ultimate powers in the WoW universe and we already have multiple classes and specs that can use the Light, I think the Void deserves an entire class dedicated to it and since 9.0 is shaping to be a Void Lord kind of expansion, this would be a perfect time to add one.

It would have 3 specs:

Melee DPS: My favorite style of melee has always been the high mobility large weapon wielding type, which WoW doesn't have at the moment. Something akin to the Blade Dancer (sort of like combining the big 2h bad assery of a Warrior with the swift mobility play style of a DH/Monk).

Ranged DPS: Ranged DPS are all being overshadowed by melees right now and a new ranged spec would be needed for the new class. Again, keeping in line with the mobility theme we'd have a slippery glass cannon style ranged class like an Arcane/Fire Mage, however, instead of relying on iceblock/cc to survive, this one will be able to self cast heals on themselves like all hybrid classes and also because...

Healer: Another useful spec to have. All the previous newly added classes (DKs/Monks/DHs) all came with a tank spec, we don't need more of those. This class will have no tank spec, but a healing one instead. Since we already know void can also heal (SP's leech and Disc's Shadow Mend) we can make this healer apply those two style of healing. Make it a DPS leech style of heals similar to Discs but also keeping it in theme with high mobility and lower mitigation.

No point in suggesting specific abilities, but those general themes would be unique to anything we have and pretty cool.
    Void based class would be more limiting than that of Tinker.

With a Tinker, you could easily have melee DPS, ranged DPS, tanking and potentially healing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..