Poll: Should the dwarves be more represented in the game

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Dwarves should by all rights be the most powerful Alliance race by an order of magnitude, with all the clans united. That they do nothing is criminal. What's only slightly less criminal is that Moira and the Dark Iron have become bland good guys rather than the slavers and assholes they were before. Same with no longer being imperialists.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Dwarves in WoW seem to suffer from the problem there Gnomish cousins have and that is they are seen as a joke race.

I mean close your eyes and think of a Dwarf and i bet you can see a bearded small guy swigging a massive jug of ale and thats it.

Dwarf lore has so much to offer and blizz shouldve made a council war where the 3 Dwarf clans fought each other for dominance again by introducing the factor of Moira Thaurissan son being a pawn in a massive powerplay that couldve been so interesting i mean if Anduin is a man now how old should her kid be now?.

BUT NOPE the Alliance must be even more Alliance than an Alliance can Alliance and there is no room for any internal conflict cause that is such a Horde thing to do so now you are left with nothing to build conflict and drama and interest and just have them be just another bunch of bearded short guys with a massive alcohol problem!
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-11-29 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Dwarves should by all rights be the most powerful Alliance race by an order of magnitude, with all the clans united. That they do nothing is criminal. What's only slightly less criminal is that Moira and the Dark Iron have become bland good guys rather than the slavers and assholes they were before. Same with no longer being imperialists.
    Dark Iron are not actually that good - they are an interesting addition to the Alliance,cause what they do in the Alliance war campaign shows,that they achieve their goals with different methods. They are the the new death knights of the Alliance - on par with the void elves.

Deleted
    I'm not really a fan of dwarves, personal opinion. I think the...small....role they have suits them perfectly.

The Gnomes would like a word with you...

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Dark Iron are not actually that good - they are an interesting addition to the Alliance,cause what they do in the Alliance war campaign shows,that they achieve their goals with different methods. They are the the new death knights of the Alliance - on par with the void elves.
    They were still softened unnecessarily. Same with Moira, who's a lot friendlier and no longer has as much friction with her co-leaders.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    They were still softened unnecessarily. Same with Moira, who's a lot friendlier and no longer has as much friction with her co-leaders.
    We actually don't know what are the relations among them at the moment,cause we haven't seen them "talk" amongst each other since the Cataclysm. She's trying her best to make sure the Alliance accepts her clan in it's ranks though,starting with the whole Dun Morogh scenario.

I'm fine with their supporting roles, given they're a race that doesn't seem interested in things like worldwide domination, or taking land from others. They're just happy maintaining the status quo, protecting the land they cultivated and feel is their own and drinking. They also like to explore their origins and that of the planet, so they're perfect where they are. It's one of the few races Blizzard knows how to write according to established lore while at the same time they're always doing something and aren't just ignored (Pandaren,Worgen.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I'm fine with their supporting roles, given they're a race that doesn't seem interested in things like worldwide domination, or taking land from others. They're just happy maintaining the status quo, protecting the land they cultivated and feel is their own and drinking. They also like to explore their origins and that of the planet, so they're perfect where they are. It's one of the few races Blizzard knows how to write according to established lore while at the same time they're always doing something and aren't just ignored (Pandaren,Worgen.)
    Not interested in taking away lands from others? They originated in Uldaman. "Their land" is icetroll land, stolen, by force. Just like literally all lands from alliance races.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Not interested in taking away lands from others? They originated in Uldaman. "Their land" is icetroll land, stolen, by force. Just like literally all lands from alliance races.
    Well yeah, but everyone took land from trolls, so that's ok.

Qhen you think about it, lots of races are like the european powers when they discovered america.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Y E S
    Dwarves are the greatest race in fantasy don't @ me

Hobbit movies? I fucking love them because Dwarves. When I saw the Extended edition I literally cheered when they were beating the elves up because I love god damn Dwarves.

I want a whole patch featuring Dwarves
    Or an expansion.
    I like Dwarves.
    You should read the Dwarves books by Marcus Heitz, if there are some translations of these.

White people conquesting the crap out of America did nothing wrong then in your pov?

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    It would be really cool to see Muradin in action. He is the only interesting Alliance present in Arathi Warfront. It's a bit of shame,that he was portrayed as a jerk in Icecrown,when he didn't allow Saurfang to pass.
    Agree with @Chonar

I'm not sure he was really a jerk, just knew he had a duty to the Alliance even if he felt compassion for Saurfang. He wasn't particularly harsh about it. He even hesitated when he said "I.... I cannae do it."

Dwarves = the only reason why I wish I could play Alliance and still raid with my guild...

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    White people conquesting the crap out of America did nothing wrong then in your pov?
    It did, to the natives of course, but beyond reparations, there's nothing the people alive today can do short of mass exodus back to the European countries, mostly England. It's one of those things that's a fucked up chapter in history but there is no making up for it.

The dwarves got their land the way they did and it's nothing to be proud of, but they're not sailing across the ocean to take Orc land.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Yet you never see dwarven children....why is that?
    There's plenty. They're just born at 4' with a giant beard so it's just hard to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Y E S
    Dwarves are the greatest race in fantasy don't @ me

Hobbit movies? I fucking love them because Dwarves. When I saw the Extended edition I literally cheered when they were beating the elves up because I love god damn Dwarves.

I want a whole patch featuring Dwarves
    Or an expansion.
    I like Dwarves.
    No amount of Dwarves can fix the hobbit movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Warcraft is (sadly) first and foremost a comedy right now with small pieces of forced dramas.
    Dwarfs in fantasy are sturdy and stocky, but in the world where gnome warriors with their little toothpick weapons fight as good as taurens, dwarfs are just half sized humans. You can't have racial strengths without racial weaknesses, but everyone is equal and "everybody wins" in WoW.
    There is absolutely zero identity for dwarfs.
    I've had multiple arguments with a couple of friends who are huge fans of dwarves in fantasy (not just wow) and how they really don't make sense in worlds that are often rife with conflict. Even giving dwarves enhanced strength and "hardiness", they simply can't make up for the biomechanical reach all other races enjoy over them. Couple that with dwarves being classically clumsy and slow and they really serve no role. The only way dwarves make sense in a fantasy setting is if they procreated profusely, and pissing them off had them putting out of their mountains like ants.

Except dwarves on fantasy are always portrayed as long lived with few progeny.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I've had multiple arguments with a couple of friends who are huge fans of dwarves in fantasy (not just wow) and how they really don't make sense in worlds that are often rife with conflict. Even giving dwarves enhanced strength and "hardiness", they simply can't make up for the biomechanical reach all other races enjoy over them. Couple that with dwarves being classically clumsy and slow and they really serve no role. The only way dwarves make sense in a fantasy setting is if they procreated profusely, and pissing them off had them putting out of their mountains like ants.

Except dwarves on fantasy are always portrayed as long lived with few progeny.
    Or you can have Warhammer dawi who actually smack asses.

I think the biggest problem with dwarfs in WoW is that their identity was diluted by gnomes. In most fantasy worlds (except may be lotr) dwarfs are sturdy fuckers AND very technological with the best guns, rifles, gadgets and even helicopters and tanks if needed.