Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey guys,

Occasionally when I'm bored I like to travel to low-level horde zone to find low-level players to gank. Sometimes when I'm in a place too long their 120 friends come and kick my butt when I leave. I get the occasional whisper telling me in a psycho. I don't get it the low level players know that warmode is war. If its red its dead. It doesn't matter if they are level 20 or 120 they are getting ganked by me. My question is why does every get a hissy fit when I gank low levels? I truely think im doing nothing wrong at all. Im just having fun.
    People turn warmode on either to pvp, or for bonuses. You turn warmode on to waste people's time, because you have no life of your own, and your only source of entertainment is making others angry. Also, you know you suck at pvp and can't kill people your own level, so you gank lowbies. They know you suck at pvp, and they know they would murder you if things were equal, so they get mad they're getting killed by scrub like you.

Also...did that really deserve it's own thread? Even 8 years old could answer your question.

Hey guys,

Occasionally when I'm bored I like to travel to low-level horde zone to find low-level players to gank. Sometimes when I'm in a place too long their 120 friends come and kick my butt when I leave. I get the occasional whisper telling me in a psycho. I don't get it the low level players know that warmode is war. If its red its dead. It doesn't matter if they are level 20 or 120 they are getting ganked by me. My question is why does every get a hissy fit when I gank low levels? I truely think im doing nothing wrong at all. Im just having fun.
    You would have had a point in the original vision of warmode, where people would be there because they wanted to wPvP. With the version they went live with, where people will understandably be there for other reasons, you are just the same asshole as the gankers on PvP servers before.

And yes, seeking pleasure in bullying, pestering and irritating people is a behavioural psychopathological condition.

It's frowned upon because it's not fair play. A lot of things are legal to do in gaming and life but if you don't get caught or face repercussions, you better believe you'll be criticized for your morally-questionable behavior.

For example: taking candy from a baby. The baby cries, you got your kicks, and it's not against the law! But if the father comes knocking your teeth out, you can't go "whyyyy did you knock out my front teeth!? I dindu nuffin wrong!" It's not illegal so in your mind, it's not wrong.

Likewise, if you grief low level players for no justification other than you can, their friends have reason to come kill your character and call you a chicken shit for engaging in unfair combat, so being treated like a social pariah shouldn't come as surprise to you.

Actions have repercussions, it's called cause and effect. If you're a dick, people will be a dick right back at you.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Hey guys,

I'm not sure psycho is the right way to describe you, but you are definitely contemptible.

What you are doing is certain within the rules of the game, and I don't see the point of people bothering to whisper you. You are the ill-tempered little child that likes to smash ants for no reason whatsoever. It takes no effort on your part, and you undoubtedly enjoy annoying other players who don't have the ability to fight back. This says far more about you than them.

From my standpoint, if you want to pick a fight, go to a zone with other 120s where you will run into people who can fight back. At least there is a challenge in that. Ganking low level characters makes about as much sense as a black belt martial artist breaking toothpicks instead of boards and bricks.

Deleted
    I don't like it. Killing them once is fine but repeatedly ganking them without any reason would mean you are fucked up in the head or cant pvp at your own lvl.

Surprised so many took the bait on this low effort troll post.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Many criminal acts can be described as "just having fun". The issue comes when your fun hurts other people. The same thing applies to ganking.
    Comparing criminal acts to killing lowbies in wow. lol

We should all work together to provide the help OP needs

We all know that some people have more difficulties with the game,but if we help OP,maybe one day he'll be able to fight people his level

He won't have to fight people 60 levels below him to mend his wounded ego

To OP,you don't have to keep crying yourself to sleep at night,you can actually get good at something if you try

Red = Dead, of it's a feisty red then it's dead dead while red.

So basically the Op is wondering why its ok for the 6th grader to wander all the way over to where the kindergarteners are at to start trouble and then wonders why people thinks its idiotic because hey 'there in the same school as me" mentality.

An to answer your question its because maybe, just maybe these low level people want to pvp against people their own level and not someone whos 100+ levels higher then them..

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Comparing criminal acts to killing lowbies in wow. lol
    I meant it as an analogy. The point is that how much fun you have performing an activity is not related to that activity being good, which is what the OP stated. That he thinks there's nothing wrong because he's just having fun. And that hurting other people will obviously make them angry, which also answers the dumb question he explicitly asked. I wasn't going to answer him with nuance when he asks something as stupid as "why do people get angry when I gank them?"
    Last edited by Khallid; 2018-11-29 at 08:04 PM.

Deleted
    Hilarious how there is literally a toggle to enable warmode on or off and people still whine then they get killed in a game mode they chose to enable.

Your level doesn't give you some free pass to not be ganked and considering most players aren't even 1500 rating in any bracket, they'd still get just as crushed at max level.

Then people proceed to project stereotypes on the gankers

it's even better when the guy logs on main to kick you ass but still gets absolutely ragdoll'd around

Quote Originally Posted by Chillside View Post
    it's even better when the guy logs on main to kick you ass but still gets absolutely ragdoll'd around
    This is the best reason to gank lowbies. Piss someone off enough to grab their main and then really start some wPvP.

Walter Sobchak:
    Am I wrong?

The Dude:
    No you're not wrong.

Walter Sobchak:
    Am I wrong?

The Dude:
    You're not wrong Walter. You're just an asshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Ganking lowbies has been around forever but it's frowned upon by most. Mostly just weak ass pvpers beat on lowbies.
    Yup. I have to agree on this..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Hey guys,

It’s toxic, that’s why. Plain and simple.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think the concept of PvP is inherently that one player loses something while the other player gains from it. It's competitive, every competition has one or more winners and one or more losers. That's part of why it is what it is.

Now how people feel about it being that way is a different story. Why someone ganks lowbies is another story too. But the points above are why PvP is PvP.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, they do have wm on but I feel that isn't a good enough reason to continuously kill the same person if that's what you're doing. Like someone above said, 'one kill and done' is fine, and that's a stretch. I leave leveling players alone because they're just trying to get ahead in the world (of warcraft) and I'd just be preying on the weak which is pathetic when I could be fighting players my own level in bgs.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ganking helpless lowbies is a form of griefing, especially if you do it repeatedly.

Now, going after players who have at least a chance of competing with you? That's fine.

I'm currently leveling my BE hunter for the heritage armor set. Of course I'm doing it with WarMode on, because the bonus is too good to pass up. As I'm just getting started questing, I run into an ally with 7 levels ahead of me, who decides he's going to have some fun and who goes after me. Did I mention this was my old PvP character and is still sitting in what was once full current season PvP gear, fully enchanted?

I killed him, killed him when he tried it again, camped him once after that to send a message, and then killed him again while he tried jump me while questing. (He should feel bad and reroll for losing that one. ) I don't feel the least bit bad about it, and while obviously I wouldn't have been thrilled to go down fighting, I wouldn't have been butthurt that I did. But at 5 levels difference it's starting to not be a fair fight, and 10 isn't even a pretense. More than that is pure griefing, limited only by the possibility that it will turn into a fair fight. But that doesn't seem to be what the OP is interested in. I mean sure, if a lowbie starts something, you're under no obligation not to squish them like a bug. But griefing is griefing, and it's lame.
    Impeach the MF.