Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Complete bullshit.
    Yeah, if you're an LFR "raider" then sure, time gated for a month.
    Normal and Heroic are open week 1 and Mythic is open on the second week.

In before people flame me because "LFR RAIDERS ARE RAIDERS TOO!!1"
    Oh i won't flame you you did it already yourself whatever has more then 5 players is a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightheart View Post
    .... I am just gonna leeeeeaaaave this here..... Why come back at all if you've already unsubbed?

Come at me MMOChamp bot.
    Amen to this...i can see taking a break from wow to unsub. But unsubbing because you find the game boring or just flat out hate it. THEN come back...and whine all over again about how much you hate the game *at such and such expansion* Find a hobby, start a new game, get a social life, get a girlfriend, go on vacation.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    You like ESO because it's new to you.
    Go talk to a few seasoned ESO players and ask them how they feel about the game after playing for years.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...ral-discussion
    people play that for year's ? thought it went the way of well where most MMO's go. the barren lands of the MMO grave yard.

the MMO genera is in a sorry state of affairs
    https://mmo-population.com/

its crazy to think at the peak in wotlk WOW and had more active players than the player base of every single MMO currently out there today and a few times over.

guess were defiantly heading to be the next RTS.

tbh i cant blame blizzard for shifting focus of wow and onto new IP like over watch, hearth stone or w/e. MMO's are the golden goose the bust its hernia and is bleeding out on the carpet. any business guy would say yea its time to look elsewhere for revenue. cant make a game at a loss.

ah, thx a lot op !

you saved me a good amount of time and money! i am subbed and have fun, but my sub is running out soon. stupid as i am, i nearly missed all the mmoc stuff and the official forums. but then i found your thread... and boooom, you opened my eyes! i feel sooo stupid! if i hadnt read your thread here, i had paid another huge amount of money (12 euros) just for the sake of playing.

thx a lot for your wise advice! you really saved my day!

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    That was what the Kronos guy I responded to said. "There's no reason to resub when 8.1 comes cause the raid will be time-gated, probably behind more of the war campaign. So don't bother resubbing until a month after 8.1 drops." And I pointed out that the same negative people who said and will do such things will resub 4 weeks after 8.1, log in, want to do the raid, not be able to, and come here to complain about having to do the chain.
    They will never force people to do the quest as a requirement for the raid. They only did that for "mythic only" dungeons, and since raid has LFR mode, I fully expect you can enter it the moment it opens with no "war campaign" requirement.

Time gate might match the length of war campaign, but even if you haven't done it, that won't matter.

If they haven't done it in legion, they won't do it now.

Also even if the campaign is time-gated (1 quest a week etc.) both insurrection and argus storyline you could do in one sitting once the time frame passed. If you sub a month later, you 100% won't have to wait 1 week between each quest.

I really don't think anyone should be worried about "being late to the party" from the design standpoint. Only maybe from community standpoint, you know, the usual pug problem "get curve week 1 because they will demand it from week 2 on".

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    "I hate everything in the game right now, but if I can do it as a Zandalari troll then it's all fine".
    This.. lol. It cracks me up how people are obsessed with allied races when they do nothing to change how the game plays or feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    I will probably be coming back for 8.2 dont really care for 8.1 seems to me like a giant no mans sky style patch, I wont tell people to stop playing and they should enjoy the game they play and I tend to agree with Az and that this patch wont really be wowing me anytime soon.

But no new allied race information is whats grinding my gears and I dont really care for Kul tirans and Zandalari and the story isnt really doing it for me.
    Considering the Zandalaris are taking more than 6 months to be playable, I can see why they don't want to reveal the new allied races which at this point are obvious what they are: Vulpera, Mechagnomes, Light undeads and something for the forsakens
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

"I'm not coming back till I can play Zandalari and Kul Tirans."

So ... never? Because you can't play them until you unlock them via 8.1 and 8.1.5 content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Is it confirmed that the new raid will be gated behind the war campaign or is it just based on speculation/rumor?
    It's based on bullshit. It'll only be gated behind time, like every other raid from the past two expansions.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Some people are not made for MMO's.

14 years ago players unsubbed BEFORE LEVEL 60, because they saw each zone one time (ALL CONTENT!!!) and for them there was no point to continue in the endless grind to level 60.

It is still crazy to see how casual friendly WoW trully is. Some single-player minded player can play it for weeks/months till they realize they play an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    ah, thx a lot op !

you saved me a good amount of time and money! i am subbed and have fun, but my sub is running out soon. stupid as i am, i nearly missed all the mmoc stuff and the official forums. but then i found your thread... and boooom, you opened my eyes! i feel sooo stupid! if i hadnt read your thread here, i had paid another huge amount of money (12 euros) just for the sake of playing.

thx a lot for your wise advice! you really saved my day!
    That was very funny to read ty good stuff!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    This.. lol. It cracks me up how people are obsessed with allied races when they do nothing to change how the game plays or feels.
    Funny you say that the game and expansion feels fine to me i think it's even more funny people useing there opinions as facts

So to clarify you are not coming back in 8.1? Darn...

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    You just made a big post about asking people not to resub. Why do you feel the need to try convince people not to do something that you dont like. People play this game for multiple different reasons. Christ, if people dont like playing then they wont resub, its that easy, you dont need to run around trying to convince people to do something just because you have issues in your life.
    Just shows how little you know how to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post

So ... never? Because you can't play them until you unlock them via 8.1 and 8.1.5 content.

- - - Updated - - -

It's based on bullshit. It'll only be gated behind time, like every other raid from the past two expansions.
    Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    The OP forgot that they cut the xp needed to lvl by 40%. My sub expires 12/21 so we'll see.
    I thought the 40% was only from 60-80, while other lvls got a 30% nerf?
    Or is it 40% regardless of lvl range?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    We got 5 sides here:
    1. the ones who doesn't like it and can't see anything apart from the game and that.
    2. the ones who just don't like it and act more mature, unsub and continue with their life
    3. the ones who just go with the flow and don't care about anything
    4. the ones who are aware and admit the mistakes and the bad side but still enjoy the game
    5. The blind people who sees everything blizz is doing is perfect

You are between 1 and 2.
    Exactly, and I myself would be a bit of 3 and 4 as I have learnt over the years there is more to life than a video game.. In that I no longer let WoW rule my life like it did when I was younger, I remember I would get so aggro when people interrupted my playing.. Not anymore as they say life is too short to worry about these things, and that to either enjoy the game or move on..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Exactly, and I myself would be a bit of 3 and 4 as I have learnt over the years there is more to life than a video game.. In that I no longer let WoW rule my life like it did when I was younger, I remember I would get so aggro when people interrupted my playing.. Not anymore as they say life is too short to worry about these things, and that to either enjoy the game or move on..
    I'm on the fence between 3 and 4 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post

At least Blizzard promised there won't be new rep to grind to unlock them, you need the current Zandalari / Proudmoore rep for the allied races unlock. I expect for this the war campaign will probably be required, and maybe even clearing the raid (brace yourselves for another 6 weeks of wait for the last boss to unlock on lfr, and let's hope this time it won't have any of the sort "who's running the orb?" mechanics)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I thought the 40% was only from 60-80, while other lvls got a 30% nerf?
    Or is it 40% regardless of lvl range?
    It's between 25% and 40%: https://www.wowhead.com/news=288495/...tr-build-28366

Well, I will make my own mind up but thanks for your input. If 8.1 doesn't bring the fun, then I will just go back to FF14.

Thanks for the reminder OP, even if one person sees your thread and decides not to pay Blizzard, it helps show them not everyone is happy with the game as it is.

Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Some people are not made for MMO's.

14 years ago players unsubbed BEFORE LEVEL 60, because they saw each zone one time (ALL CONTENT!!!) and for them there was no point to continue in the endless grind to level 60.

It is still crazy to see how casual friendly WoW trully is. Some single-player minded player can play it for weeks/months till they realize they play an MMO.
    are you suggesting that in past it was any different ?

lets take for example lfr - how many milions players do you think played this "single player endgame" before lfr was put into game who never stepped into raiding even once even though they have played for years ? a hit - at least couple of milions

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    At least Blizzard promised there won't be new rep to grind to unlock them, you need the current Zandalari / Proudmoore rep for the allied races unlock. I expect for this the war campaign will probably be required, and maybe even clearing the raid (brace yourselves for another 6 weeks of wait for the last boss to unlock on lfr, and let's hope this time it won't have any of the sort "who's running the orb?" mechanics)

- - - Updated - - -

It's between 25% and 40%: https://www.wowhead.com/news=288495/...tr-build-28366
    still not enough

they should have introduced all other heirloom slots already aka boots/gloves/ belt / bracers by now .