Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Seems unlikely
    No, it seems it will never happen.

It's not unlikely, the cuphead developers have literally said their contract NEVER allows them to port the first game to anything but Xbox or PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Sorry but I'll take rosa over that thing any day
    my preferred version of grey would still be a sequel, so you could keep rosa.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    my preferred version of grey would still be a sequel, so you could keep rosa.
    As long as I do

New Switch general commercial out of Japan which shows off visuals of a winter themed Splatfest, which will likely be December's.

15 seconds in:

- - - Updated - - -

On another note, many internet personalities are hinting that Metroid Prime 4 is going to have a gameplay reveal at the Videogame Awards.

The reason I bring this up? I predict MP4 will have an online multiplayer component which will be a hero shooter in the vain of Hunters.

We likely will get a small tease of the online multiplayer during the gameplay reveal, only being told explicitly during the first Direct in 2019.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    considering we havent even gotten a third game in over 10 years id say they already have.

personally i would vastly prefer they GO BACK to the third game model but now that they know they can get us dumb fucks to buy two versions we'll likely never get "complete" games again.

we'll likely never get to see the unova dragons true form with the off chance of it showing up when gen 5 gets its remake
    I would consider Black and White 2, and Ultra Sun/Moon to be third games even if they are 2 versions. I meant adding the content of a third game in as dlc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    What are the chances of pokemon lets go getting more content and DLCs? At this point i dont see myself keeping it once i finish, as i would MAYBE do one more playthrough and thats about it. So thinking of selling it later.
    I would totally buy a 40 dollar Jotoh expansion. New Gyms and elite four etc.

- - - Updated - - -

x and y desperately needed z.
    X and Y but harder and with a ton of end game. How good would that be?

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how good Metroid Prime 4 will look..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I would consider Black and White 2, and Ultra Sun/Moon to be third games even if they are 2 versions. I meant adding the content of a third game in as dlc.

- - - Updated - - -

I would totally buy a 40 dollar Jotoh expansion. New Gyms and elite four etc.

- - - Updated - - -

X and Y but harder and with a ton of end game. How good would that be?

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how good Metroid Prime 4 will look..
    Why would you pay 40 when torna and a bunch of other stuff was only 20?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you pay 40 when torna and a bunch of other stuff was only 20?
    Because they wont release a dlc that cheap. They would just continue making a third game. They probably never will do dlc lets be honest. They make too much money on remakes/sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Underbottom View Post
    The unstoppable train of big business is coming for streamers.

The fact they can use others artwork / content and talk inane dribble over it is a luxury long overdue to face reality.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Because they wont release a dlc that cheap. They would just continue making a third game. They probably never will do dlc lets be honest. They make too much money on remakes/sequels.
    If monolith can, gf can. And frankly, gf is an embarrassment to development when we have studios like monolith.

If GameFreak ever does DLC for a mainline Pokemon game, the third version will be relegated to a "Deluxe" version with additional content, which that additional content will be relegated to DLC as well.

My biggest hope for any future mainline Pokemon games, is GameFreak to patch in any new Pokemon in a generation to older games, so we don't have a situation like we did for the past two generations where two people with games from two different sets cannot trade or battle each other.

- - - Updated - - -

If monolith can, gf can. And frankly, gf is an embarrassment to development when we have studios like monolith.
    And Monolith had a skeleton crew while the rest of the team was helping on BotW. Although, it's likely much of the DLC, and maybe Torna at least, may have been developed with the rest of the team back.

Quote Originally Posted by Underbottom View Post
    Hopefully it will prevent stuff like this from happening.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    If GameFreak ever does DLC for a mainline Pokemon game, the third version will be relegated to a "Deluxe" version with additional content, which that additional content will be relegated to DLC as well.

My biggest hope for any future mainline Pokemon games, is GameFreak to patch in any new Pokemon in a generation to older games, so we don't have a situation like we did for the past two generations where two people with games from two different sets cannot trade or battle each other.

- - - Updated - - -

And Monolith had a skeleton crew while the rest of the team was helping on BotW. Although, it's likely much of the DLC, and maybe Torna at least, may have been developed with the rest of the team back.
    It had to of been making a giant expansion in only 9 months. They work.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I agree with you, but when 5-10m people buy a reskin sequel to an already made game for full price what are we supposed to do? People buy them so they will keep doing it the way they have been.

From what ive heard black/white 2 was actually changed quite a bit, so i have less of a problem with that, but I do think it should still be cheaper. 60 for a new game.
    40 for a remake or sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

I would like being able to get new pokemon in the older games. However, I will not support DLC. No need to open up that pandoras box. Unless its free. We already see how cheap they can offer things like the Pokebank. No reason to believe they would need to charge for DLC. Keep paid DLC away from pokemon.

I also don't mind new versions. Like Ultrasun / Ultramoon. It was a new story with new things. Games like that are nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

DLC for a game that already sells two copies of near identical games kk.....

grandad nintendo wants to join in with all the cool kids.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    DLC for a game that already sells two copies of near identical games kk.....

grandad nintendo wants to join in with all the cool kids.
    Shit Ultra Moon/Sun added less content then most $10 DLCs and they just slapped in on there and called them new full priced 3DS games.

Ain't no need to make DLC when you have that level of shill in your fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Shit Ultra Moon/Sun added less content then most $10 DLCs and they just slapped in on there and called them new full priced 3DS games.

Ain't no need to make DLC when you have that level of shill in your fan base.
    Get in early with this stuff and you're winning.

Would be much harder to launch games like that now.

Seems like any other IP would get shit for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont see how releasing 2 slightly different versions of the same game is any worse than 100 different versions of the same gane with the deluxe, gold, ultimate, etc etc with macro and micro transations and a season pass and preorder bonuses and blah blah blah

It's not worse, it's the exact same shit dressed up differently.

Seeing how much money you can make for the least amount of effort/money invested.

It's not the worst thing going on in the industry but just looking at game freak products never makes me want to spend full price on them. Let alone when they change the story(that is shit anyways) and try to call it a new game with 99% same assets) Their quality is so far behind in house Nintendo it's pretty hilarious they ask the same prices and people pay it to me, but people can shill for whatever they want. Not hatin', just saying what it is IMO.

I dont see how releasing 2 slightly different versions of the same game is any worse than 100 different versions of the same gane with the deluxe, gold, ultimate, etc etc with macro and micro transations and a season pass and preorder bonuses and blah blah blah
    Doesnt seem weird because people are used to it. Imagine if they just released one game and they actually updated features and werent the laziest game developers riding on the coattails of a massive IP, that could be quite something.