Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The complaints come along with the territory just like PvP comes along with high levels ganking you. It's not going to change

All these posts about "Well how do you know that player isn't using it for the bonuses!!" as if world pvp is another bonus in addition to the other bonuses? It's the cost. Do you really think you enable war-mode and the only intended consequence is increased rewards? When you gank in war-mode you are personifying the cosmic force of risk-reward. You are the drawback to that other person having warmode on. Its not for faster farming.

sorry it's not a dick move, never has been. Part of the game. Doesn't matter if that person doesn't have anything better to do. Stop complaining about the actions of others and control your own. I myself have nothing better to do than to contribute to the cost associated with enabling war-mode.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey guys,

Occasionally when I'm bored I like to travel to low-level horde zone to find low-level players to gank. Sometimes when I'm in a place too long their 120 friends come and kick my butt when I leave. I get the occasional whisper telling me in a psycho. I don't get it the low level players know that warmode is war. If its red its dead. It doesn't matter if they are level 20 or 120 they are getting ganked by me. My question is why does every get a hissy fit when I gank low levels? I truely think im doing nothing wrong at all. Im just having fun.
    You're having fun on behalf of ruining the gameplay for other people. Of course you can keep saying that it's their fault,but are you really that scared to fight against your lvl opponents,that you have to kill those,who can't fight back with their characters?

Deleted
    You are very much like the Predator from the first movie, you go to a place with your advanced weaponry and are pretty much invincible to kill creatures that have no chance. No one on his home world thinks he is courageous,cool or fun. You are the big game hunter with his canned kills. Movie Bob did a video on the Predator, it's quite funny but also might give your insight into how the world views you ������

Obviously you posted on here to get confirmation you were doing the wrong thing or not, it's bothering you. To be honest... It's been going on since day 1 in wow. When I got to level 20 something we had a lovely 50 pally and his almost 60 friend (higher horde verified) come to cross roads on my mostly alliance server and farm us for fun... I used to attack places on my druid to lure out a LV 60 so I could ambush... But this was all on a pve server so it was a choice if you wanted to take on the high level... although was always annoying when they killed the quest giver

Quote Originally Posted by sirethas View Post
    If you have fun ganking low levels and feeding on their tears just keep doing it. No one dictates you that you can't enjoy this game in this way. Just be aware, I'm not sure if it's still a thing, but you can actually get banned for griefing if you overdo it. As you said, you aren't doing anything wrong, it's just annoying for ganked players, world pvp has never been fair and it never will be. There's no sense of skill or honour in world pvp, it's not instanced, it's not tied to lvls, you go out, smack some kids, receive hateful whispers, you either laugh it off or in some cases report them for language and move on.
    Griefing does not apply to ganking

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    I meant it as an analogy. The point is that how much fun you have performing an activity is not related to that activity being good, which is what the OP stated. That he thinks there's nothing wrong because he's just having fun. And that hurting other people will obviously make them angry, which also answers the dumb question he explicitly asked. I wasn't going to answer him with nuance when he asks something as stupid as "why do people get angry when I gank them?"
    Ah, makes more sense.

Personally I never understood the desire to keep killing lower lvl players over and over again. Sure, I have killed my fair share of low lvls, but I kill them like once and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    They made the choice to turn warmode on.
    /thread 10 chars

Enjoy it while it lasts, with all this fuzz about alliance not doing WM and QQ over lowlevel ganking I get the feeling Blizz might make some changes.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I try to avoid this kind of behaviour with one exception. When I see a rogue, I go for their ass straight away and do /sorry emote. You've got to keep the population of those fckrs at bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenarific View Post
    Griefing does not apply to ganking
    Try to make it to a quest NPC and hope the player kills it, then report them for griefing
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of people in here pretending to be psychologists on the internet or something, lol. There are so many people that engage in killing low level players for various reasons, that you can't possibly throw them all under the same umbrella.

I've been gladiator multiple times and there have been occasions where I've been so bored in WoW at certain periods that I just killed whatever moved in a certain zone. Whether it be low level people or high level people, it really didn't matter.

It really doesn't matter why. If I kill low level people a massive amount of times, I've been told I'm both pathetic, and not capable of actually competing in PvP or fighting people the same level as me. If I kill people the same level as me, people make excuses saying my iLvL is higher and I'm pathetic for attacking people with far less gear than me. If I attack people with the same iLvL than me, I get told that I just got lucky and/or the class that I play is OP. If I kill multiple people by myself, it's essentially the last argument with the occasional "you're hacking being" thrown in. Nobody can accept the rule set the signed up for or the distinct possibility that they might just be worse than somebody else. I've been ganked by individuals before, in addition to groups/guilds before as well (both on my mains, and low level alts), but not once did I ever get so upset that I lashed out in tells, or on the forums in this game. Why?

The only consistent behavior I've noticed over the years is that I've never whispered people in anger over being killed, made threats to my attacker or absolutely went ballistic at them. People on here pretending to be examining the inner workings of the human mind in regards to people who "grief" low levels, low iLvL or generally enjoy killing people in PvP, without actually examining the people who go completely off the rails for getting killed in PvP in the first place.

About 10% of the time I engaged in killing people in PvP repeatedly, sometimes even once I generally get whispered absolute fucking rage (whether it be low levels, low iLvL, same gear, or groups of people). These whispers range from calling me pathetic, swearing, death threats, threatening to report me, to a variety of other things. Again, like stated, some of these are a result of me killing people just ONCE. There have been times over the years where I sit there and camp people for a good amount of time, but generally I don't. But when somebody whispers me in rage, I basically setup camp and do it for as long as I have time.

People can sit here in this thread and hate on people ganking people, but from my experience, the most mentally unstable people in this thread are people who lose their fucking minds from getting killed a few times, let alone just once.

I can get the argument in the past that a lot of players on PvP servers aren't there by choice with friends/guilds being the reasoning for being on that server in the first place. But Warmode is absolutely fair game IMO and the 10% leveling perk is a risk you willingly signed up for. On another note, since Warmode has been a feature I've been whispered exactly once with rage in several months, whereas in the previous system I probably would have had several dozen rage tells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Punishing low level players for using a feature by mercilessly killing them over and over again just because you can?
    MMMMMMMMMMM no I cannot see anything wrong with that. /s
    If you want people to completely stop using warmode, sure, go ahead and continue. But if so, please refrain from making threads titled "WM is dead sigh sigh", because you were one of those making it so.
    Low levels having WM on means they appreciate the occasional skirmish with even-leveled people found during questing. Not that they are okay with you being alien to the concept of having fun.

Also, it's painfully obvious that you made this thread in response to the other current thread about warmode and ganking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    People can sit here in this thread and hate on people ganking people, but from my experience, the most mentally unstable people in this thread are people who lose their fucking minds from getting killed a few times, let alone just once.
    I am a student, but I know a lot of people here work and have family. If their daily hour of WoW fun is being spoiled by someone that has enough free time in their hand to go ganking low level people for hours, I'd go fucking mental too.

Also no one is complaining about being killed once, although I can't deny it's also pointless to go killing people 100 levels below you. People don't like being kept there like captives just because a random dude said so.
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2018-11-30 at 07:36 AM.

Killing low levels has no benefit in game, you are only doing this for the sole purpose of making life harder for that person, at your enjoyment. Sure you can do it, and irl too, just don’t try to make it seem normal and rational.

Why should "warmode" just be for level 120s? It shouldn't. If people what to level up and do world pvp while they level vs people their same level they should be able to.

I personally think it's ridiculous that you have play the game with the fear someone 10+ levels higher than you will come camp you, just so you can experience world pvp. I mean, Battlegrounds have brackets, so why doesn't world PvP?

Warmode should be auto-disabled for anyone 10+ levels lower than you...

Some people like world pvp, some people don't.
    If you enjoy gray killing, turn warmode off and kill trashes in low zone. Beware they might be level 60.
    And let the people who actually enjoy world pvp with warmode on.

Hey guys,

Occasionally when I'm bored I like to travel to low-level horde zone to find low-level players to gank. Sometimes when I'm in a place too long their 120 friends come and kick my butt when I leave. I get the occasional whisper telling me in a psycho. I don't get it the low level players know that warmode is war. If its red its dead. It doesn't matter if they are level 20 or 120 they are getting ganked by me. My question is why does every get a hissy fit when I gank low levels? I truely think im doing nothing wrong at all. Im just having fun.
    Really....this one is too obvious. You know damn well why people hate your kind.

Some people like world pvp, some people don't.
    If you enjoy gray killing, turn warmode off and kill trashes in low zone. Beware they might be level 60.
    And let the people who actually enjoy world pvp with warmode on.

I didn't get ganked, but I never saw an ally once, I understand why. And it's pretty boring.

Ok I understand the whole "Ganking sucks" thing but...the literal ONLY time when PVP is with similar leveled people are the following

1. Beginning of...well Wow when everyone was literally on the same playing field..even then that didn't last that long
    2. At Max Level
    3. Beginning of almost every expansion (bar BFA since we started on separate continents)

so where the hell do people get the idea that PVP at low levels will be predominately against people of similar level when it probably hasn't been that way since...maybe around patch 1.4 when more people actually started hitting 60 and the power gap with a 60 started becoming more apparent.

compounding on the fact that thanks to the new zone scaling you are almost guaranteed to be around people that could be anywhere from 5-40 levels ahead of you so little level 20 you is going to run into a level 59 warrior that happens to also be leveling in Southern Barrens

hell wanna avoid that...look at the leveling path guide and go against it yeah leveling in Vashir, sithilus, and other crappy zones sucks ass but anyone you find will probably be of level!

Also I agree..ganking REALLY sucks and people who do it are assholes....but the sad fact of the matter is you are low level and you turn on warmode..you are saying "Hey I understand I'm going to be ganked..I hope to find some same level alliance every so often but I am aware clicking this toggle will allow assholes to go and not only gank but corpse camp me."

Even if you get ganked, 10-30% bonus is better than 0. The problem is the mindset of the people that would do anything just because it is considered legal.

15+ Year Old Account
    My question is why does every get a hissy fit when I gank low levels? I truely think im doing nothing wrong at all. Im just having fun.
    My question is: why do you do this? Is your penis too small and you need to compensate somehow?