Thread: Mudmug

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mudmug

Can someone please explain to me how a somewhat goofy, but ultimately forgettable Valley of the Four Winds Pandaren became memetic 6 years after the Mists of Pandaria expansion?
    I'm sorry, I'm just really curious why I constantly see Mudmug's name pop up in the most random threads on this forum, and I obviously missed something.

Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering about that aswell. Never really found it funny exactly because I didn't know what was the deal with it.

It's mostly just one forum poster and a few people that respond to it just on MMO-C. It's not really a meme outside of this site.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Can someone please explain to me how a somewhat goofy, but ultimately forgettable Valley of the Four Winds Pandaren became memetic 6 years after the Mists of Pandaria expansion?
    I'm sorry, I'm just really curious why I constantly see Mudmug's name pop up in the most random threads on this forum, and I obviously missed something.

Because while doing his quest you throw a ton of barrels onto him like this, then if you fly he will run along side you.
    so to carry all these and run up mountains at the speed of a flying mount became sorta a meme.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I was wondering about that aswell. Never really found it funny exactly because I didn't know what was the deal with it.
    That is why ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He's just the natural person to turn to once we get to the point where actual meme characters are written with more sense than characters that are supposed to be serious.
    Once you lose all your faith in the story making sense, you turn to Mudmug for reassurance and encouragement, so you can keep going just a little bit longer.

Basically, like Sylvanas, he's the hero we need but don't deserve.

The most random things become memes on the internet. I love it

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Yeah you missed that it's always the same person bringing him up.

Mudmug thread and no Arashi post in it?

7+ Year Old Account
    its mostly just @Arrashi that posts that about him everywhere.

its not a thing outside of the forum.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Arrashi succeeded in making him a thing then, cause it felt like everywhere I turned, a Mudmug was waiting just around the corner.

And I know it aint a thing outside the forum. Things can be memetic within a confined space.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    He is the great one, the one who will deliver us from shitty lore and bad writers, and make warcraft great again. You need at least 10 promiles in your blood to grasp his greatness.

Brew for the brew god, kegs for the keg throne, let the azeroth drown in it !

Edit: He also is top tier husbando.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2018-11-30 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    He is the great one, the one who will deliver us from shitty lore and bad writers, and make warcraft great again. You need at least 10 promiles in your blood to grasp his greatness.

Edit: He also is top tier husbando.
    I unironically want to see Mudmug play a larger role in lore. He needs to be a Khadgar-style neutral support character where he just cracks jokes and catchphrases.

Mudmug may not be the varmint whomper this board wants, but he is the varmint whomper this board needs.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    I unironically want to see Mudmug play a larger role in lore. He needs to be a Khadgar-style neutral support character where he just cracks jokes and catchphrases.
    I think that quality dudebro time with mudmug would be great change of pace from blizzard current "priorities". All of them.

A mudmug themed patch, complete with argus-size zone(s) would be great addition to game, rather than more of status quo conflict.

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's just Arrashi that likes to post about him for shits and giggles, really. I don't see the appeal of him, either; like most WoW characters they're just "there" for me. I'm ultimately indifferent to those, especially if some of those characters are big lore figures (see: Lor'themar and Saurfang).

Then again, I can't put up with most memetic mutations, anyway. It's why I could never get "beloved" characters like Leeroy Jenkins or Gamon (I despise him, actually), or enjoy tired pop culture memes/references Blizzard has a fondness of shoehorning in now and again, like Roland the Knife in the Waycrest wedding quests in Drustvar. It's probably due to the fact that constant repetition of something gets old and annoying after a while.

I think that quality dudebro time with mudmug would be great change of pace from blizzard current "priorities". All of them.

A mudmug themed patch, complete with argus-size zone(s) would be great addition to game, rather than more of status quo conflict.
    Given that they think we like Nomi enough to put in a chili contest, I could easily see a Mudmug minigame based on Fire (i.e. bounce barrels to safety). Hell, we jumped the shark long ago, why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

If anything, I'm surprised Jitters from Duskwood didn't become more memetic.

taking that for my signature!

Eh makes beer from mud and doesnt afraid of anything